This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
If you are looking for some delicious food to cook this summer, then it doesn’t get any better than this binge worthy list of air fryer summer recipes.
Featuring salads, potatoes, chicken, and delicious desserts, there is something for everyone.
Updated for summer 2022 with new summer air fryer beginner recipes that are replacing the old!
Summer In The Air Fryer
I admit it, I am not a barbecue fan. I remember as a kid the only thing on the barbie I wanted to eat was the sausages and hated it when they were too brown, or as I would say, I am not eating those burnt sausages!
Now as an adult, I would much rather buy all my favourite barbecue food and then cook it in the air fryer.
And so are the sides and the dessert too.
If you scroll below you will find all my favourite air fryer foods to enjoy over the summer and here is to an air fried summer!
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Are Air Fryers Good For Summer?
Absolutely! Just imagine all the food you would normally cook on the barbecue or on the grill and note that they can be cooked in the air fryer.
Also remember the air fryer doesn’t use much electricity and this can keep your bill down.
Then add to this how quick food cooks in the air fryer and you’re on to a winner.
The air fryer I recommend that I use the most is the Philips Air Fryer XL.
Top 10 Air Fryer Recipes For Summer
- Air Fryer Roasted Chickpeas – Chickpeas in salads are delicious and I am addicted to making crispy roasted style chickpeas in the air fryer. A must try in your air fryer summer salads.
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes – Cook your favourite baby potatoes in the air fryer this summer. They are delicious, they are crispy and they are full of flavour.
- Air Fryer Quiche – My go to in the summer for picnic food or a potluck to take with me to a summer barbecue. You will love how easy it is to make a quiche in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Falafel Bowls – I love these for summer in a bowl. Falafel is cooked with chickpeas, peppers and courgette and come together in one large bowl. Perfect for a warm day when you want something lighter.
- Air Fryer Roasted Garlic – Nothing quite says summer like Mediterranean food, and you can roast whole garlic bulbs in the air fryer this summer. It is also a lazy alternative to peeling those garlic cloves.
- Air Fryer S’mores – If you have not done it yet, then you must try smores in the air fryer this summer. So delicious and perfect for a night in with the kids.
- Air Fryer Asparagus – You will love how easy it is to cook asparagus in the air fryer and how amazing the asparagus tastes. Cook air fryer asparagus alone, or add in your favourite protein.
- Air Fryer Sausage Rolls – In the summer I love to make sausage rolls. They are always part of our summer picnic and are great for taking to the beach. The smell from the pastry is amazing in the kitchen as they cook.
- Air Fryer Calamari Rings – Enjoy a batch of calamari rings, or squid rings as you might call them, in the air fryer. This is how to make them from scratch and you will love this easy recipe.
- Air Fryer Honey Glazed Pineapple – Pineapple and honey addicts unite for this amazing air fryer recipe. Grab a fresh pineapple and make this in the air fryer this summer.
Air Fryer Summer Chicken Recipes
If you are looking for air fryer summer chicken recipes, then here are a few easy suggestions:
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken – How about a self saucing BBQ chicken that you can serve with your favourite summer vegetables? You can mix and match with your favourite BBQ sauce and its easy to make ahead.
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos – Lazy lunches and dinners in the air fryer don’t get any better than this. You can even make your taquitos filling in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas – YES you can make your favourite chicken fajitas in the air fryer and they are totally hassle free. The prep is so fast that blink and you will miss it. You can also swap chicken for steak or shrimp.
- Air Fryer Chicken For Tacos – If you love to binge on tacos in the summer months, then don’t forget to follow our recipe for making delicious taco chicken.
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings – Your favourite frozen chicken wings are perfect in the air fryer. Especially, when its hot and you don’t want to cook dinner and just want something quick.
- Air Fryer Nando’s Chicken Wings – Everyone needs to eat Nando’s cuisine as it is delicious. If you have not heard of it yet, it is the best ever spicy chicken that you have ever tried. You can also get mildly spiced chicken and vegan options too.
- Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken – Perfect for lazy summer days and you can shred it for a salad or eat it with a salad. The choice is yours!
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast – A popular recipe among our air fryer readers, lemon pepper chicken is perfect for serving over a salad during the summertime when all you want is a chicken salad.
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast & Cucumber Zoodles – Combining delicious air fryer chicken breast with cucumber zoodles for a fantastic light, yet delicious air fryer summer chicken recipe.
- Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken – Add a taste of India to your air fryer summer with some delicious tandoori kebabs. Or mix and match flavours and do a few different kebabs, the choice is yours.
- Air Fryer Balsamic Chicken & Vegetables – The air fryer is loaded up with chicken, balsamic vinegerette and summer vegetables for a fantastic air fryer sheet pan style dinner.
- Air Fryer Cobb Salad – You will love how we cook the chicken, bacon and the boiled eggs at the same time in the air fryer for your cobb salad. It makes a summer cobb salad so much easier and its delicious too.
- Air Fryer Chicken Burrito Bowls – I love these chicken burrito bowls, and they are so easy to put together. These are big burrito bowls and would feed two, but you can also make yourself some for lunch and then have the leftovers reheated the next day.
Air Fryer Summer BBQ Recipes
The air fryer makes a fantastic alternative to the barbecue and here are a few barbecue recipes you can air fry:
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Wendy’s Air Fryer Chicken Burger
- Air Fryer Veggie Burgers
- Air Fryer Lamb Burgers
- Nando’s Air Fryer Beanie Burger
- Air Fryer Double Cheeseburger
- Air Fryer Filipino BBQ Pork
More Air Fryer Summer Recipes
Here at Recipe This we have even MORE air fryer summer recipes for you to try. Have a browse through these air fryer summertime recipes for even more inspiration and bookmark for later.
- Air Fryer Steak Bites & Potatoes
- Air Fryer Zoodles
- Air Fryer Stir Fry
- Air Fryer Bacon Aioli
- Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Air Fryer Shrimp Fajitas
- Air Fryer Croutons
- Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
- Air Fryer Chili Cheese Dog
- Air Fryer Cherry Tomato Salad
- Air Fryer Tuna Steak
- Air Fryer Italian Sausage & Peppers
- Air Fryer Mac & Cheese
- Air Fryer Baked Brie
- Air Fryer Steak & Fries
- Air Fryer Pork Ribs
- Air Fryer Chimichangas
- Air Fryer Pigs In A Blanket
- Air Fryer Shrimp Scampi
- Air Fryer Breaded Shrimp
- Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Pork Steak
- Air Fryer Homemade Pizza
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Blooming Onion
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish & Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Breakfast Sausage
- Air Fryer Party Meatballs
- Air Fryer Dill Pickle Chips
- Air Fryer Fish Tacos
- Air Fryer Blueberry Tarts
- Air Fryer Tuna Melt
- Air Fryer Cherry Tomato Salad
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Air Fryer Jerk Chicken
- Air Fryer Harissa Chicken
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Air Fryer Frittata
- Air Fryer Roasted Oranges
- Air Fryer Grilled Peaches
- Air Fryer Peach Cobbler
- Air Fryer Smore Ramekin Bowls
Or a special mention must go to the following that are perfect for the air fryer this summertime:
- Air Fryer Pie Crust – Follow our air fryer pie crust recipe and use it in all your summer pastry recipes. We like it most for making a cheese quiche that we can take to the beach in summer picnics.
- Air Fryer Fishcakes – My grandad taught me how to make fishcakes when I was little and OMG they are amazing in the air fryer. If you want a cheap fish-based air fryer recipe then you must try these fishcakes.
- Air Fryer Chickpea Salad – A salad made using the air fryer to roast the chickpeas and peppers. It tastes amazing and makes a great change to a traditional green salad. Salad haters of the family will love this version.
- Air Fryer Fish & Chips – Make yourself some yummy homemade fish and chips this summer in the air fryer. It makes a fantastic summer treat and OMG make your own in the air fryer once and there is no going back.
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – The first recipe we shared on Recipe This (its since been updated) and so, so delicious. You can then serve them with a salad or with some chicken wings this summer.
Dehydrate In The Air Fryer
My favourite ever summer recipe to make in the air fryer is dehydrated fruits. Grabbing the fruit when its in season and then dehydrating and saving it for later.
Here are a few of my favourites that you must try this summer:
- Dehydrated Cherries
- Dehydrated Peaches
- Dehydrated Mangos
- Dehydrated Watermelon
- Dehydrated Pineapple
- Dehydrated Raspberries