This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken. How to make honey chipotle chicken breast in the air fryer. Quick prep and an easy honey chipotle sauce makes this air fryer chicken breast recipe a true favourite.
Air Fryer Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken
Here in the Milner kitchen, many recipes over the years have happened on a whim.
Those times when you have spare ingredients in the pantry and you just throw it together.
Sometimes those recipes work and sometimes they don’t.
One of those that not only worked but became one of our favourite recipes last year is honey chipotle BBQ chicken.
Using spare honey, chipotle barbecue sauce and some chicken breasts, this is the business!
The air fryer does a fantastic job of cooking chicken breast and what I love about today’s recipe that I created for you is that it is what I call self saucing.
A never ending sauce that you can spoon over your chicken for the best tasting honey barbecue marinade that you have ever cooked in the air fryer.
Or as we served our honey bbq chicken with Mediterranean vegetables, we could pour leftover sticky sauce over the vegetables.
Honey Chipotle Sauce
Let’s start with the honey chipotle sauce, as this is what makes this air fryer chicken breast recipe AMAZING.
There are just 2 ingredients that I used to make the honey chipotle sauce and you can click the links below and get them both on Amazon:
These are the best ingredients for this recipe. I am a fussy eater when it comes to barbecue sauce and always say I HATE BBQ sauce, yet I love the Bullseye brand.
I got the chance last summer to try about 10 different brands of honey and OMG the Euzoea brand was the BEST.
I couldn’t get enough of it and was upset when it ran out.
So, if you want to make the best honey chipotle chicken sauce, then this is it!
How To Make Honey Chipotle Sauce?
You have the 2 ingredients for honey chipotle sauce, and I am sure you want to know how to make it?
Well I like the almost no washing up method, after all who seriously wants to do lots of washing up?
Into the air fryer cake pan that you plan to use when cooking your chicken breast add in the honey and the barbecue sauce.
Stir with a silicone whisk so that you don’t ruin the non-stick on your cake pan.
Once the honey is well mixed into the barbecue sauce, it is done and is ready for the chicken to be added.
Honey Chipotle Chicken Marinade
You can also marinade your chicken with our honey chipotle sauce. Instead of cooking straight away, load your chicken into the barbecue sauce and fridge for later.
You can also marinade your chicken overnight for an even better depth of flavour.
How To Make Honey Chipotle Chicken?
To make honey chipotle chicken is so EASY and is perfect for lazy lunch or dinners in the air fryer.
- Load your honey and barbecue sauce into an air fryer cake pan and mix well.
- Add in chicken and allow it to be submerged.
- Add your cake pan into the air fryer and cook until chicken breast is fully cooked.
- Serve with the self saucing honey chipotle sauce!
More Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipes
Here in the Milner house, we love cooking chicken breast in the air fryer. Here are a few more air fryer chicken breast recipes to try next:
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast – The simplest air fryer chicken breast recipe that you could ever try and the chicken is NEVER dry!
- Air Fryer Chicken For Tacos – Cook chicken breast in this delicious dry rub and you have the perfect chicken breast to load up into your tacos.
- Air Fryer Jerk Chicken – Enjoy a taste of Jamaica with delicious air fryer jerk chicken. Served with a Caribbean pumpkin couscous it is the perfect double act.
Air Fryer Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken
- In your air fryer cake pan mix together your honey and barbecue chipotle sauce until you have a thick and sticky marinade.
- Season your chicken breasts in salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken breasts to the marinade in the cake pan and make sure they are well coated and submerged.
- Place the cake pan into the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes at 160c/320f.
- After 15 minutes using a spoon sauce the top of the chicken and cook at the same temperature for a further 10 minutes.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: