This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Sausage and Chips. Showing you how to cook your favourite sausage and chips in the air fryer from frozen. Perfect British lunch or dinner in your air fryer or actifry.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Sausage And Chips
Why is that when I think of sausage and chips I automatically think of watching Only Fools + Horses and Delboys love for either sausage and chips or egg and chips?
Just like Delboy, I love sausage and chips, and did you know that you can in fact cook your favourite sausage and chips in the air fryer?
It makes it so easy to get a quick comforting dinner on the table for you and your family. Or for those times when you’re too tired to cook and want a lower calorie alternative to deep frying sausage and chips or heading to the chippy.
For those of you that don’t know this, I am a yellow stickers hoarder. I am always grabbing whatever deal I can get on yellow stickers and often find that it is sausages that are reduced in price the most.
Back to last Christmas I was in Iceland on Boxing Day and they had the biggest selection of made at the Butchers thick sausages and I bought the lot.
I literally filled a trolley on them and kept them in the freezer for whenever I wanted to eat some air fryer sausages. You can thaw out your air fryer sausages or cook them from frozen and that for me is the biggest bonus of all.
Air Fryer Frozen Sausage And Chips
I debated today between sharing with you thawed sausage and chips and frozen. I went with frozen, because they make cooking so much easier and take the stress out of it when you are in a rush.
Plus, many of us buy reduced price sausages and will have a stash of them in their freezer.
The great thing about air fryer frozen sausage and chips is that they don’t taste any different than thawed.
The only main change to your air fryer sausage and chips is that you need to start the cooking time in the air fryer at a lower temperature so that you are partially thawing your sausages prior to cooking.
This makes sure your air fryer sausage and chips are fully cooked yet still has that delicious deep fried crispy coating to your meal.
#1 Air Fryer Sausages Problem
I only have one complaint when it comes to cooking sausages in the air fryer and that is the smoke problem.
If you have sausages that are high in fat, as they cook in the air fryer it will create a lot of smoke and is likely to set off your smoke alarm in your kitchen.
You can solve this by:
- Using lower fat sausages – by using lower fat sausages will solve this problem and they are much better for you too.
- Close to a window – by keeping your air fryer close to an open window will sort out the problem.
How To Cook Sausage And Chips In The Air Fryer?
It is so easy to air fry sausage and chips. Grab the frozen sausages and the frozen chips from the freezer.
You want to load the chips into the air fryer basket first and then layer the frozen sausages over the chips. This makes it easier for when you are shaking your chips halfway through and making sure the sausages are fully cooked.
The juices from the sausages will then drip onto the chips and make them taste even better.
The cooking process of your air fryer sausage and chips is done in 4 easy stages:
- Stage #1 – You cook your sausage and chips in the air fryer for 4 minutes at a lower temperature as this helps quickly defrost your sausages.
- Stage #2 – You cook your sausage and chips at a high temperature for 8 minutes. This helps crisp up your sausages and stop your chips from being soggy.
- Stage #3 – You shake the chips so that they are not sticking to the sausages and so that you have perfect chips.
- Stage #4 – You cook the sausage and chips for the last 4 minutes and then serve.
Listen To Sausage and Chips
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
More Air Fryer Sausage Recipes
Our air fryer sausage and chips are part 3 of a recent campaign we have run for delicious ways to cook sausages in the air fryer. Below you can read the rest of the series:
- Air Fryer Sausage – Showing you how to cook your favourite sausages in the air fryer. Perfect for if you have fresh thawed sausages in your fridge that need cooking.
- Air Fryer Frozen Sausages – Using sausages directly from the freezer, this is how to cook frozen sausages in the air fryer when they are all stuck together.
Air Fryer Sausage And Chips
- 8 Frozen Sausages
- 750 g Frozen Chips
- Place your frozen chips into your air fryer basket and layer your sausages over them.
- Cook for 4 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Shake and cook for a further 8 minutes at 200c/400f.
- Shake and cook for the last 4 minutes at 200c/400f.
- Serve with tomato ketchup!
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: