If you love s’mores then you must make air fryer s’mores. Get out your graham crackers, favourite chocolate, and marshmallows for the best s’mores you have ever had!
A great summer snack in the air fryer, but also works well in the winter too for when you are having movie night with the kids and want a fun alternative to popcorn.
Table of Contents
S’mores In Air Fryer
As someone that is not American, I didn’t grow up with s’mores on the campfire. Instead, when I went camping, I always remember warm crumpets or my dad’s AMAZING bacon butties that he would make for me as I woke up.
My first memory of s’mores is watching The Sandlot Kids. One of my favourite movies from childhood and I am sure I was just as stupid on knowledge as the kid in it.
Firstly, baseball was never a thing for me growing up and I couldn’t name a single baseball legend and secondly, I had also never heard of s’mores until that great movie.
I remember the scene clearly even now, when he goes to join his friends and wants to be accepted, even though he is out of touch with everything that they do.
He sits down and is offered a s’more and his reaction (like I imagine most people that have not had one):
- Do you want some more what?
- No do you want a s more?
- Haven’t had any more so how can I have some more of nothing?
He then has them explained to him and that was the first time I saw them and thought WOW why are these not in my life???
And because camping is not a thing with campfires where I live, I have the air fryer instead and can indulge in my movie favourite food of s’mores.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
What Are S’mores?
So, carrying on the conversation from The Sandlot Kids and for those of you that grew up outside of the US like me and wonder what they are, well this is more from the movie.
After his confusion to a s’more he gets to see one been made and I love the explanation:
- First you take the gram
- Add the chocolate
- Add the roasted marshmallow
- When it is smoking add the gram
And for us Brits that don’t get it, I like to describe a s more as a cracker sandwich that is filled with melted chocolate and marshmallows and is one of those amazing sweet treats that we should all be cooking in the air fryer.
Can Smores Be Made In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you must certainly can make air fryer s mores and I have tried a few different methods now and experimented with it a LOT.
What I have found is that doing smores in the air fryer can be tricky the first time you do them.
For example, cut the marshmallows wrong and they will fly off and you then have the air circulation problem where the marshmallows are not staying in place.
You also have the issue that sometimes the graham crackers can also break as you try to push the marshmallows onto it hard so that they stick.
But overall, get the marshmallow right and you have amazing air fried smores.
How Do You Melt Chocolate In An Air Fryer?
You can melt chocolate in an air fryer safe container with some butter and yoghurt and make an amazing chocolate ganache.
But with making smores you really don’t need to do this step.
That is because you are air frying the marshmallows over the graham crackers, then because of the heat of the air fryer marshmallows, when you add the chocolate it will naturally melt onto the marshmallow.
Best Chocolate For S’mores?
I would recommend any chocolate that easily melts to use in s’mores. The kind of chocolate you buy and when you bring it to room temperature it melts in your hand. Or your kid always gets covered in that chocolate no matter how quick they eat it.
For us we have used Galaxy chocolate as its faster melting than Dairy Milk and if you are in the US that is similar to Dove.
Best Crackers For S’mores?
I love Graham crackers for s’mores but anything similar will also work well. I had a box of Grahams in my utility that I was also using for some cheesecake and split it between cheesecake and s’mores.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
S’mores Air Fryer Ingredients
Crackers – I recommend getting more Graham Crackers for your s’mores than you need. As I was pushing them together to melt the chocolate, I found several broke, so it was good that I had extra!
Chocolate – Then for chocolate in the centre, go with fast melting, milk chocolate. I used Galaxy smooth chocolate or the US equivalent to this is Dove.
Marshmallows – I recommend using large marshmallows as you want to be able to slice them in half and then press the sticky bit onto the cracker so it doesn’t escape the cracker in the air fryer.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this air fryer smore recipe it has just been our Cosori Air Fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
How To Make S’mores In Air Fryer?
- Ingredients. Get your ingredients out. You will need 2 crackers, 1 marshmallow and 2 chunks of chocolate for each s’more.
- Slice. Slice your marshmallow in half width not lengthways and then place the sticky bit down on the cracker. Be firm with it as you need it to stick.
- Cook. Then air fry the marshmallows for 6 minutes or until the marshmallow is golden like campfire marshmallows.
- Finish. Then load your squares of chocolate over the marshmallows and then press down the top cracker so that the chocolate will melt.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is to cook smores in air fryer and why you should be doing it too!
How Long Do I Put Smores In Air Fryer?
The s’mores air fryer cook time is JUST 6 minutes. Though this may vary with the size of your marshmallows and the wattage of your air fryer.
I recommend checking at 4 minutes to see how far along your air fryer marshmallows are and if they need longer.
Then for air fryer s’mores temperature I recommend 180c/360f.
Air Fried S’mores Tips & Tricks
- Be careful when pressing the crackers together as they break very easily.
- Use chocolate that melts easily and bring to room temperature first as it will make it so much easier to put together.
- Use large marshmallows that you can cut in half. They stick to the graham crackers better and will not fly off.
- Try not to create leftovers and just do as many as you need as they are not very nice reheated or left to go cold.
More Desserts In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Brownies
- Air Fryer Bread & Butter Pudding
- Air Fryer Mr Kipling Lemon Slices
- Air Fryer Round Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Air Fryer Chocolate Cake
- Air Fryer Doughnuts
Your s’mores in the air fryer recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer S’mores
- 8 Graham Crackers
- 4 Marshmallows
- 8 Squares Galaxy Chocolate
- Gather your ingredients and make sure you have a marshmallow for each air fried smore as well as 2 squares of chocolate for each. Also make sure your chocolate is at room temperature.
- Slice in half the marshmallows width not length so that they will be sticky.
- Then place the two sticky halves of the marshmallow onto the crackers and load into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 6 minutes at 180c/360f for until the marshmallow is golden on top like it is when you grill it.
- Then before the marshmallow cools, place the chocolate on top of each marshmallow half and then place the cracker on top.
- Serve once the chocolate has melted onto the marshmallow.
Warm. Avoid allowing the s’mores to cool. If you do they will not be as nice and the marshmallows can become chewy. Messy. S’mores in the air fryer can be messy, I recommend having a plate ready to go that can take the chocolate as it melts. Thanks for reading our air fryer s’mores recipe on Recipe This. We have many more air fryer recipes for you to check out next. Though if you would like to try more delicious chocolate recipes, I recommend you try our air fryer chocolate mugcakes, they are amazing.