Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas. How to prep and air fry chicken fajitas to make a delicious air fryer chicken fajitas dinner. These fajitas are cooked with 3 different peppers, red onion and chicken breast. Loaded with fajitas seasoning and perfect for a quick air fryer dinner.
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
I remember the day like it was yesterday, when I had my first ever chicken fajitas dinner. It was the 7th of July 2005.
We were on our first family holiday in the sun and had swapped raining Manchester in England for red hot Lanzarote in the beautiful Canary Islands.
It was just me, Dominic and Kyle and in the area we were staying, there was a beachside street loaded with lots of great restaurants and bars.
We had two favourite places. One was an Italian and made the most amazing desserts with delicious homemade chocolate sauce, as well as the best pizzas I have ever tried.
Further down the road was a typical Spanish restaurant with lots of seating out in the sunshine with a bit of everything on the menu.
We must have ordered at both of these places at least 4 times each during our 2 week holiday.
It was at the Spanish restaurant one lunch time that I had chicken fajitas. They were sizzling, the chicken was crispy, and the peppers looked chargrilled and they were wonderfully spicy.
From that moment on, I was hooked on chicken fajitas and today I want to show you just how easy it is make air fryer chicken fajitas.
Cooking Chicken Fajitas In Air Fryer
If you want something ridiculously easy to cook in the air fryer, that requires hardly any prep time and is also healthy, then let me introduce you to chicken fajitas in the air fryer.
I feel like I want to shout out to you just how EASY, they are. Because make these chicken fajitas once in the air fryer and there is no going back!
Perfect for lazy days. Perfect for Keto and low carb followers and perfect for making into a salad for meal prep lunches.
Here it is portioned up for me for lunch:
Air Fryer Chicken Thigh Fajitas
Looking back at my obsession with air fryer chicken fajitas, there is JUST one thing I wish I had done differently. That is using boneless and skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breast.
Living in Portugal it can be hard work getting boneless and skinless chicken thighs and I go over the border into Spain to get some good quality ones. You either end up at a butcher that does low quality thighs, or they fail to remove the bones properly.
Chicken thighs has an awesome depth of flavour, so if you can get them, do make air fryer chicken thighs fajitas.
Air Fryer Chicken Fajita Dinner
If you are having an ultra-lazy day, then why not buy a chicken fajita dinner and cook it in the air fryer?
You know the ones that I am talking about. The ones for sale in supermarkets such as Aldi’s where everything is already prepped in a box and you throw the ingredients into the air fryer when you get home.
I always wait until these are on clearance and then buy them and freeze them for later.
My Lazy Chicken Fajitas
I always use chicken stroganoff in my chicken fajitas. Normally made from chicken breast it is already sliced up when you purchase it from the butchers. It saves you chopping up the chicken and speeds up dinner.
If you don’t have chicken stroganoff you could use turkey strips or other similar meat.
Copycat Taco Bell Chicken Fajitas
Or if you are a big fan of taco bell you can use their fajitas seasoning when prepping your chicken fajitas.
It will make your fajitas more authentic to what you are used to eating when you eat out and use them in all types of fajitas.
Here is a link to buy Taco Bell fajitas seasoning online and you can save even more money by buying them in bulk.
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas Ingredients & Gadgets
To make air fryer chicken fajitas the ingredients are straight forward and simple:
- Chicken Stroganoff – make a lazy version by using already sliced chicken such as stroganoff.
- 3 Mixed Peppers – I like to include a yellow, red and green pepper in my chicken fajitas as I like them to be colourful. But you can use any mix of your favourite colours or just go all green.
- Onion – I used a red onion in this recipe but you can swap red for a white onion if you prefer.
- Seasonings – I like to mix and match when I make fajitas. I used fajitas seasoning alongside chicken seasoning and salt and pepper. This is the fajitas seasoning I recommend.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – This makes sure that your chicken and vegetables stay moist but without it being too greasy. This is my favourite extra virgin olive oil that I use all the time.
As well as the main ingredients, an air fryer with a good air fryer basket is essential for making crispy chicken fajitas.
The air fryer oven just doesn’t compare. Though if you have not yet bought an air fryer, we recommend the Philips Air Fryer XL.
How To Air Fry Chicken Fajitas?
Cooking chicken fajitas in the air fryer is so simple:
- Peel and slice your red onion. Slice your mixed peppers.
- Load everything into a bowl and mix with your hands.
- Load everything into the air fryer basket and cook on a medium heat.
- Finish your air fryer chicken fajitas on a low heat and serve.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Here at Recipe This we love sharing with our readers lots of awesome chicken recipes that they can cook in their air fryer.
The possibilities are endless and often chicken tastes better in an air fryer, then in the oven or in the deep fat fryer.
Here are a few of our other air fryer chicken favourites for you to try next:
- Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken Dinner
- Air Fryer KFC Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken For Tacos
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas Ingredients:
- 400 g Chicken Stroganoff
- 1 Medium Red Pepper
- 1 Medium Yellow Pepper
- 1 Medium Green Pepper
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- 2 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Fajitas Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Chicken Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Peel your red onion. Thinly slice your coloured peppers and red onion and load them into a bowl with your chicken stroganoff.
- Load all the other ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix with your hands.
- Load into the air fryer basket and cook your chicken fajitas for 10 minutes at 180c/360f, shake and cook for a further 4 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Serve with your favourite fajitas’ extras.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Facebook Group | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more:
I made this last night for dinner. This is fantastic , healthy and so easy, It will definitely become a regular on my menu. Thanks for the post! ????