How to reheat a burger. Let me show you how to reheat a burger in the air fryer. Forget a burger that is over cooked, dry and has a burnt hamburger bun, this is our top tips for transforming your leftover burger using the air fryer.
Before we dive into this air fryer reheat guide, I have something even better than reheating burgers in the air fryer for you to check out first.
It is our Learn Your Air Fryer online course and our free air fryer mini course. They are ideal for air fryer beginners. The free course runs for 5 days and is in the format of an email miniseries. While the learn your air fryer course runs every week with a new PDF and ecookbook for a whole year.
Or browse our site as we have 450+ air fryer recipes that are easy to recreate at home and we have been showing people how to use the air fryer since 2011.
These burgers that we are reheating in the air fryer is part of a three part McDonalds series. I recommend you also check out reheat McDonalds chicken nuggets and reheat McDonalds French fries too.
Reheat McDonalds Burger
On a sunny November’s day, wishing it was still summer, us Milner’s set up the air fryer outside and reheated some delicious McDonald’s fast food.
McDonalds is the kind of fast food that is ideal for air frying, but many people make the air fryer mistake of not reheating the leftovers.
We enjoyed three types of McDonalds food over an afternoon including quarter pounders, fries and of course the favourite, chicken nuggets.
It was great fun and even though the plan here was a McDonalds leftovers session. This same concept can be done with any of your favourite fast food eateries.
You could do the same with Wendy’s, Burger King, Pizza Hut or KFC. Or it could be a healthier reheat lunch with your own homemade burgers, or your own homemade veggie burgers.
What To Do With Leftover Hamburgers?
My first thought when it comes to leftover hamburgers is always to leave them in the fridge and reheat them in the air fryer the next day. It’s a fantastic way to save making a meal and making sure you don’t have any food waste.
But because cooked burgers have a short fridge life, if tomorrow is not possible, I recommend freezing your burgers.
You can load your leftover hamburgers into freezer bags and place them in the freezer for later.
Can You Use An Air Fryer To Heat Up Food?
I often get asked if you can use an air fryer to heat up food and I always reply with it being one of my favourite uses of the air fryer.
The air fryer is fantastic for heating up food.
It doesn’t have to be limited to fast food either. I have reheated everything from mashed potatoes to meatballs to vegetables to egg rolls in the air fryer.
Can You Reheat Cooked Burgers?
Yes, you can! But you still need to be cautious because of food poisoning and similar problems that can occur if you don’t reheat thoroughly.
I recommend you check the thickest part of the hamburger to make sure it is piping hot before serving. Also, don’t reheat a burger that has been left out for too long in the heat.
Best Way To Reheat A Burger?
The best way to reheat a burger is in the air fryer. It is a fantastic kitchen gadget, and not only does it thoroughly reheat the burger, but it is great for melting extra cheese, warming up your hamburger bun and being able to cook up to 4 burgers at once.
But like I have already mentioned it doesn’t have to be limited to a McDonald’s burger as it can be any. For example, I love to reheat some of our air fryer cheeseburgers or our air fryer chicken burgers.
How To Reheat A Burger?
If you want to reheat a burger in the air fryer then this is how it’s done:
- Load leftover burgers into the air fryer basket.
- Cook on a medium heat.
- Air fry and serve.
Reheat Burger In Air Fryer
There are a few mistakes that you can easily make when you reheat a burger in the air fryer. Think of these before you reheat in the air fryer:
- Remove the hamburger lid – sounds stupid but because of how the air fryer heat circulates the burger lid becomes very dry and burnt if left on top. Plus, it is likely to float off and end up somewhere else. Or if you want your burger lid warm then just add it for 30 seconds of the cook time.
- Don’t preheat the air fryer – a burger needs to reheat in the air fryer at a lower temperature, if you do a preheat the hamburgers will go too hot too soon.
- Always check the temperature – Put a cocktail stick or a butter knife through the central point of the burger. If it is piping hot, then the burger is thoroughly reheated.
- Compare your burger size – Note I am using the McDonalds McRoyal burger, which if you have watched Pulp Fiction you will know it is the same as a McDonald’s quarter pounder. If your burger is bigger, then add a couple more minutes onto the cook time.
How Long To Reheat Burger In Air Fryer?
The air fryer cook time for reheating McDonalds quarter pounders is much faster than you would think. In fact, our burgers took JUST 6 minutes. There is no temperature change or shaking but you do need to turn your burgers otherwise one side will become dry.
Reheat In Air Fryer
As well as our reheat burger in the air fryer we have a full series of recipes showing you how to reheat in the air fryer. You can follow the rest of the series below:
- How To Reheat Onion Rings In Air Fryer
- Reheat Fries In Air Fryer
- Reheat Fried Fish In Air Fryer
- How To Reheat Rice In Air Fryer
- Reheat Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
- Reheat Fried Chicken In Air Fryer
- How To Reheat Pizza In An Air Fryer
- How To Reheat McDonalds Chicken Nuggets In Air Fryer
- How To Reheat McDonalds Fries In Air Fryer
How To Reheat A Burger In Air Fryer
- 2 Leftover McDonalds Quarter Pounder
- Place your leftover McDonalds burger into the air fryer basket. Air fry for 4 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes at the same temperature.
- Serve with fries and sides.