This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Calling all bacon lovers these air fryer bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers are going to become your new favourite appetizer and so fast to cook in the air fryer.
This low carb crispy bacon wrapped version of classic jalapeno poppers are perfect for prepping ahead of time and make the perfect game day or party snack.
Table of Contents
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers Air Fryer
Can I just say that I love bacon in the air fryer. Bacon air fryer style is amazing, and you can wrap a lot of your different foods in bacon, or just cook bacon on its own.
But what I also love is that culturally around the world, we all have different types of bacon available to us, and you can use any bacon you like in the air fryer.
For example, here in the UK we have back bacon which is a leaner cut and not ideal for bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers in the air fryer. This is because it takes too long to crisp up and this will result in the jalapenos being over cooked.
But we also have streaky bacon which is close to the American bacon, and this works perfectly in this bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers air fryer recipe. Plus, of course, if you are in the USA you can use your classic bacon rashers. Or if in mainland Europe parma ham and similar slices work well too.
If you do love the idea of bacon in the air fryer, check out these great air fryer recipes: air fryer bacon, air fryer frozen bacon, air fryer egg and bacon pie, air fryer sausages and bacon, air fryer bacon alioli.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Is Bacon Good In An Air Fryer?
Yes, bacon is amazing in the air fryer and you will love it. Just like sausages, bacon is one of those foods better in the air fryer, than in the oven or grill.
You can do so much with air fryer bacon from just cooking bacon on its own to cooking bacon and sausages or making a full meal in the air fryer like we do with our air fryer English breakfast.
Stuffed Jalapenos Wrapped In Bacon
These stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon is part of a series of jalapeno poppers cooked in the air fryer.
These bacon wrapped poppers are the low carb option as instead of breading the poppers they are wrapped in bacon instead.
Ninja Foodi Jalapeno Poppers
I also find that the time and temp of my Ninja Foodi using the air fryer basket is very similar to a classic air fryer.
Therefore, if you would like to make jalapeno poppers in the Ninja, then you can do so.
The only issue with Ninja Air Fryer jalapeno poppers is that the air fryer basket air fryer is smaller, so you can’t do as many at once. But you can do your poppers in batches.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos Air Fryer Ingredients
Jalapenos – I always buy my jalapenos in bulk and make a big batch of jalapeno poppers but you can do a small or big batch. You only need 5 whole jalapenos for one lot of bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers in air fryer.
Cheese – The cheese we recommend in air fryer stuffed jalapenos is cream cheese i.e. Philadelphia and some grated cheese that melts well. Our favourite is cheddar or gouda for this.
Onions and Garlic – We also recommend for some flavour to the jalapeno filling to include both some garlic and some onion. For onion we recommend green/spring onion and for the garlic make your life easier by using garlic puree or chopped frozen garlic.
Bacon – Then to make bacon wrapped jalapenos in the air fryer you will need some bacon. We used some English streaky bacon, but any bacon will do.
Seasoning – For seasoning our jalapeno popper filling we used salt, pepper, cilantro/coriander leaf.
Optional – Then of course for those of you that hate cleaning the air fryer, you can of course, line the air fryer with a layer of foil (read here more about can you use foil in the air fryer).
Can You Recommend An Air Fryer?
I often get asked which air fryers I recommend and which one I use. In 95% of our air fryer recipes, we use either the Philips Air Fryer XL or the Cosori XL because they are the best ones, we have found out of many air fryers we have tried over the years. You can click on the links above and read up on them.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested everyday air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10+ years.
How To Cook Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos In Air Fryer?
- Jalapenos. Using a large chopping board so that you can have a pile of seeds and your done jalapenos, slice the jalapenos lengthways, then using a teaspoon scoop out the seeds. Rinse and repeat until done and avoid contact with your face as we all hate stings from chilli seeds.
- Mix. Next add to a bowl the ingredients that are going to be stuffed into your jalapenos. Your two cheeses, garlic, onion, and seasonings. Mix with a spoon until nice and creamy.
- Load. Then add the cheesy mixture into the jalapenos adding a good layer and filling any gaps.
- Wrapping. Then slice bacon slices in half lengthways as you don’t need a lot of bacon for each jalapeno popper. Then wrap each of the jalapeno stuffed halves in a slice of bacon and then secure with a cocktail stick/tooth pick.
- Cook. Then place the bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed jalapenos into the air fryer basket, spreading them out and making sure they all fit in a single layer. Air fry stuffed jalapenos for 10 minutes at 200c/400f or until the bacon is crispy to your liking.
How Long To Air Fry Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers In Air Fryer?
The air fryer jalapeno poppers bacon cook time is JUST 10 minutes. We give them a little longer than regular jalapeno poppers because we want crispier bacon. Though you may want the bacon even crispier, in which case add an extra 2 minutes to the cook time.
How To Reheat Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers In Air Fryer?
You can also reheat your bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers in the air fryer too. Simply place the already cooked bacon wrapped poppers into the air fryer basket and air fry for 3 minutes at 180c/360f.
More Must Try Air Fryer Appetizers!
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Air Fryer Zucchini Pizza Slices
- Air Fryer Cheese Ravioli
- Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
- Check out all our 600+ air fryer beginner recipes!
This bacon wrapped jalapeno air fryer recipe is an updated post and was originally shared on Recipe This in 2019.
Learn how to air fry bacon wrapped jalapenos below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Let’s air fry jalapenos. Place the whole jalapenos on a chopping board and slice lengthways. Then using a teaspoon carefully remove the seeds. Place the seeds in the bin and wash your hands to avoid eye rubbing soreness and then get your bowl out ready for making your filling.
- Into the bowl add the cream cheese, chopped onion, garlic, grated cheese, and your seasonings. Mix well with a tablespoon until well mixed.
- Using a teaspoon stuff the jalapeno halves with the cream cheese filling. Then slice your bacon in half lengthways and wrap a layer of bacon around each stuffed jalapeno. Then hold in place with a cocktail stick or toothpick.
- Rinse and repeat until all the jalapenos are done and then air fry for 10 minutes at 200c/400f or until the bacon has a crisp to it and then serve.