Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers are the absolute best. They are perfect for game night, easy to air fry and you will love how crispy they are when cooked from frozen.
If you love regular jalapeno poppers in the air fryer, then frozen will become your new go to air fryer appetizer.
Jalapenos with cream cheese are sold breaded and you can just load them into your air fryer.
We were the original recipe for frozen jalapeno poppers in the air fryer and originally shared with you how to do it back in 2019. Now with better frozen jalapeno poppers to buy, we are back with an update for you.
Our First Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
Back in 2019, it was the first time I had ever tried jalapeno poppers and the first time I had ever heard of them. It was also the first time I ever air fried stuffed jalapenos.
I was this HUGE newbie to air fryer game day food and many frozen classics that many have eaten for years, had just started to emerge in Portugal.
Most of the frozen food was either ready meals, pizza, healthy fruit and veggies, or squid.
To my surprise to go into Lidl and find out that they were having a Mexicana theme and had this amazing snack box made my day.
This was the box:
You didn’t even get a full box of breaded jalapeno poppers for the air fryer. Instead, you had a snack box with different things in and one was the breaded jalapeno poppers, that I soon fell head over heels in love with.
Though the snack box was never to be seen again and I didn’t see a single jalapeno in Portugal after that day.
Fast forward 2.5 years, we’re living back in England and we have access to several frozen foods we couldn’t get before, including TGI Friday’s Jalapeno Poppers.
Plus, as well as our free newsletter, we also have a free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
What Are The Best Frozen Jalapeno Poppers?
TGI Friday’s Frozen Jalapeno Poppers of course! They are absolutely delicious, and you will never be able to stop at one.
There are many store bought jalapeno poppers that you could cook in the air fryer but nothing beats TGI. I have tried a few types now and they are my firm favourite.
Even better, we will be sharing with you TGI Friday’s jalapeno poppers cooking instructions with you today for the air fryer.
How Do You Cook Frozen Appetizers In Air Fryer?
These frozen stuffed jalapenos in air fryer are one example, of how to cook frozen appetizers in the air fryer.
So quick. So simple and perfect for game days, girls nights in and even date night.
But if you would like more examples here are a few other frozen appetizers you can air fry:
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
Jalapeno Popper Air Fryer Ingredients
Jalapeno Bites – TGI Friday call their poppers, Jalapeno Cheese Bites. Which means the same thing of course and I recommend you use two bags. Each bag is only 200g which is not enough for two to enjoy.
Spray – We also recommend using some extra virgin olive oil cooking spray on your jalapeno poppers as it really helps breaded appetizers get crispy in the air fryer.
Sauce – We love dipping sauce for our air fryer appetizers and its personal choice what you use with your jalapeno poppers. Though we used burger sauce.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this jalapeno popper air fryer recipe, it has just been our Philips Air Fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes and perfectly fits up to 3 packs of store bought jalapeno poppers.
How Do You Air Fry Jalapeno Poppers?
- Packaging. Start by removing your frozen jalapeno poppers from the packaging and loading into the air fryer basket. Make sure you discard any crumbs as you go, to stop making the air fryer dirty.
- Spray. If you would like crispier breaded jalapeno poppers, then spray them with extra virgin olive oil, prior to air frying.
- Sauce. Whilst you are air frying your poppers, add your favourite dipping sauce to a bowl.
- Cook. Air fry until perfectly crispy and then serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
How Long Do You Cook Jalapeno Poppers In An Air Fryer?
The frozen jalapeno poppers cook time is JUST 7 minutes at 180c/360f. This makes it very quick to get a batch on during the break from the super bowl and then be sat back down with them for when the action starts again.
Or for when its late at night and you just want a quick appetizer.
How Do You Reheat Jalapeno Poppers In The Air Fryer?
Simply place any leftover jalapeno poppers into the air fryer basket and reheat for 4 minutes at 160c/320f.
I did this with a batch of mine, because my family doesn’t like jalapenos and they are all mine, and I couldn’t finish them all in one sitting.
I have also tried reheating jalapeno poppers in the microwave, but felt they went soggy and lost the crispy coating. Unlike the air fryer which was fantastic.
More Air Fryer Frozen Recipes To Try Next:
- Air Fryer Frozen Veggie Burgers
- Air Fryer Frozen Corn On The Cob
- Air Fryer Frozen Burgers
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Frozen Baked Potatoes
Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno Poppers Ingredients:
- 400 g Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
- Olive Oil Spray
- Dipping Sauce optional
- Remove frozen breaded jalapeno poppers from the packaging and place in the air fryer making sure they are spread out. Spray with extra virgin olive oil to create a crispier coating.
- Air fry for 7 minutes at 180c/360f, or if you want them crispier 200c/400f.
- Load onto an appetizer dish with your favourite dipping sauce and tuck in.