This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Cheesecake. How to make a delicious cheesecake in the air fryer. With 6 different variations from New York Cheesecake to fruity to caramel to birthday cake and beyond. Just choose which air fryer cheesecake you would like to make first.
We originally shared our air fryer cheesecake recipes back in Easter 2017. Here is the updated version with even more air fryer cheesecake making tips and tricks.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Cheesecake
Back in 2017, this air fryer cheesecake happened totally by accident.
A brand had sent us some spring form pans. I had told them what size I needed and that I wanted to use them for some instant pot cheesecake recipes.
I was so excited and was dreaming about making a New York Cheesecake in the instant pot, as well as other cheesecake variations.
Then I opened up my new spring form pans and they were an inch too big for my instant pot 6 quart duo.
Not wanting to send them back as I could really do with some new spring form pans, I tried them in my Philips Air Fryer XL, and they were a perfect fit.
I then became the first to make an air fryer cheesecake and start a new trend.
I made about 20 different cheesecakes that week as I tested several variations and I have to say, I loved it and couldn’t believe that a cheesecake in the air fryer was a possibility. Or that it would taste good.
Can You Air Fry Cheesecake?
Absolutely. The air fryer is a genius and it amazes me with all the different things that an air fryer can cook.
You can melt the butter in your air fryer, then use the air fryer to cook the cheesecake, then keep it warm so that it can finish cooking, before it enters the fridge.
Air Fryer Baked Cheesecake Tips
There are a few things to think about before you make an air fryer cheesecake:
- Air Fryer Spring Form Pan – You want to make sure that the spring form pan you are using will fit in your air fryer basket. If you have a smaller air fryer, make sure a 6 inch spring form pan will fit. Or if you have an air fryer XL then you may be able to fit either a 7 inch spring form pan or an 8 inch spring form pan.
- Air Fryer Melted Butter – The air fryer works like a microwave and does a fantastic job of melting butter. Load your butter into a baking pan and melt for a couple of minutes on a low heat. To save on time you can do this while you are using the blender for making your crumbs.
- Air Fryer Keep Warm – One thing that many people overlook about the air fryer, is its ability to keep food warm. Once your cheesecake has finished cooking, leave the air fryer shut and keep it in there for a further 30 minutes. You can do the same when you are cooking dinner and don’t want to eat straight away.
How To Make Cheesecake In Air Fryer?
The quick version of air fryer cheesecake goes as follows:
- Make your cheesecake crust.
- Grease cake pans.
- Mix Philadelphia into a bowl with a hand mixer with sugar.
- Add in other ingredients + mix.
- Layer a spring form pan with cheesecake crust.
- Pour over cheesecake filling.
- Air fry + keep warm + cool in the fridge.
There is a little more to it than that, but those are the simple basics!
Air Fryer Cheesecake Recipes
The air fryer cheesecake recipe you will see in the recipe card below, is the basic New York Cheesecake style. But you don’t have to stop on a New York Cheesecake or as us air fryer users call it an air fryer burnt cheesecake.
Instead we have a few other cheesecake recipe ideas for you to consider:
- Air Fryer Blueberry Cheesecake – Add in 100g frozen blueberries to the top of the cheesecake and add in 10g of blueberries into the cheesecake batter. This will give a subtle blueberry flavour and perfect for using up blueberries.
- Air Fryer Key Lime Cheesecake – Use the rind and juice of 6 limes and add them to your cheesecake mix. Reserve a little for on top and you will have a wonderful key lime version. Or if you are having a dinner party add in some rum for an adult cheesecake experience.
- Air Fryer Caramel Cheesecake – If you have got an instant pot try out instant pot caramel and then spoon in a can of caramel into the cheesecake batter. Reserve a little for serving your cheesecake with and then add some melted chocolate or chocolate sauce. Us Milner’s agreed that out of the 10 different cheesecakes we have made, this was the best.
- Air Fryer Birthday Cake Cheesecake – To make a birthday version, melt chocolate onto the top of the cheesecake and allow it to drip down to the sides of the cheesecake. Then decorate the cheesecake with your favourite chocolate.
Or some other ideas that you can try:
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Air Fryer Oreo Cheesecake
- Air Fryer Chocolate Cheesecake
Or instead of making an air fryer cheesecake you can use the base for some cheesecake cupcakes. Then load the cupcakes into air fryer silicone muffin cases. Fridge like you would with a cheesecake and you are done.
Best of all the cheesecake muffins are ideal for potlucks or dinner parties and easy to portion up.
Air Fryer Burnt Cheesecake
An alternative to the New York Cheesecake is the burnt cheesecake. Similar to the Portuguese tart and has a colour similar to the French classic crème brulee. The centre of the cheesecake is the exact same as a New York Cheesecake, but you have a wonderful crust on top.
Well that is EXACTLY what is achieved when you make a cheesecake in the air fryer.
Don’t expect a cheesecake that looks like this:
Instead your air fryer cheesecake will look like this:
Decide for yourself what you prefer. Though my opinion on making a cheesecake in the air fryer, is how easy and simple it is. It keeps warm in the air fryer and then transfers to the fridge for cooling.
Also, if you would like to follow our air fryer cake series this week, then here are the other cakes we have featured:
Air Fryer Cheesecake (5 Ways)
- Load. Into the blender add your biscuits and break them down a bit so that they will blend into crumbs easily.
- Melt. Add your butter into an air fryer baking pan. Set the temperature to 120c/250f and the time to 4 minutes.
- Crust. Stir the broken biscuits into the melted butter and press down on the bottom of the spring form pan.
- Creamy. Using a hand blender mix the sugar into the soft cheese until light and fluffy.
- Adjust. Add in your other ingredients and stir. Add in extra vanilla essence and adjust your flavours to how you prefer it.
- Pour. Add your cheesecake filling evenly over the cheesecake crust. Pat down with the side of a wooden spoon. Cook in the air fryer at 160c/320f for 30 minutes. Leave to cool in the air fryer basket for a further 30 minutes.
- Fridge. Transfer the cheesecake to the fridge and allow to cool in the fridge for 6 hours, or to make the cheesecake more solid, overnight.