Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries. Learn how to effortlessly cook frozen French Fries in air fryer. These air fryer frozen French fries are perfectly crispy, yet much lower in calories than takeout.
But I have something even better than our air fryer frozen fries for you to check out first.
It is our Learn Your Air Fryer online course and our free air fryer mini course. They are ideal for air fryer beginners. The free course runs for 5 days and is in the format of an email miniseries. While the learn your air fryer course runs every week with a new PDF and ecookbook for a whole year.
Or browse our site as we have 400+ air fryer recipes that are easy to recreate at home and we have been showing people how to use the air fryer since 2011.
Originally published in 2018. These air fryer frozen French fries are an updated post with more tips, a recipe video and much more. We hope you like the updated version.
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
When I originally published this recipe showing you how to cook air fryer frozen French fries, I never expected the interest to be so huge for them.
From being the first to show you how to cook frozen French fries to the interest today, its nice to see that something as easy as frozen French fries, can become an air fryer trend.
I always remember back in the 90’s when you got fed for dinner frozen French fries. You either received them cooked in the oven, or they would be cooked in the deep fat fryer.
Have them from the deep fat fryer and you had the calories to worry about or cook them in the oven and they never had any crisp to them and were rather boring and soggy.
That is why I love the air fryer. You can have the delicious taste and texture of deep fried, but with the calories of oven baked fries.
A winner for any kid, or adult when you want to grab a bag of frozen French fries and cook them in the air fryer.
Can You Air Fry Frozen French Fries?
I know you are probably wondering; can you cook frozen French fries in an air fryer? Well the answer is a massive YES.
Air fryer frozen fries is one of the best things that you can cook in the air fryer. You can dump them in, there is no prep, they come out like crispy fries you have got from takeout and you wonder why something with little oil, can taste so good.
Frozen French Fries In Air Fryer
I am using McCains Frozen French Fries as an example, but you could use any brand of frozen French Fries.
It is just that McCains is one of those brands that is known around the world and many of you will relate to it from childhood.
I remember McCains because at the end of the 90’s I worked in one their factories. I was 17 and had a gap of a couple of months between college placements.
It was the perfect time to earn some easy money. I worked on their baked potatoes and it was fascinating to see the process that goes into the frozen food.
How To Cook Frozen Fries In Air Fryer?
Air fryer frozen French fries is so simple, I recommend it for air fryer beginners with brand new air fryers.
To make the frozen fries in the air fryer YOU:
- Load the air fryer with frozen French fries until it is up to ¾ full.
- No need to add oil and air fry your frozen French fries.
- When the air fryer beeps, shake the fries.
- Cook again at a higher temperature and then serve.
Air Fryer Frozen Fries Top Tips
So, you are probably wondering, if you have been using the air fryer since 2011, and teaching people how to cook frozen French fries for 2 years, that you must have some top tips.
Pre-Order The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook Now!
- USA/Canada: Amazon USA – Barnes & Noble – Indigo – Book Shop – Books A Million
- Australia: Booktopia – Mighty Ape
- UK/Rest Of The World: Amazon UK – Waterstones –– Book Depository
Well I do and these tips will make your air fryer fries even better:
- Never cook frozen fries at 200c/400f for the duration. I get so many complaints from air fryer newbies telling me they followed a frozen fries recipe online and it called for 400f and their fries are terrible. This is way too hot for frozen fries and is only meant for finishing the food like a grill does and not for the whole cooking experience. Instead start at 160c/320f and increase the temperature just before the end to crisp them up.
- Spray just before the end of cooking. Even though when you use frozen fries they already come will oil, you want that little bit of oil on the top to crisp them up.
- Salt at the end. We found that with frozen fries brands wanting to go healthier. That a lot less salt is used. Then as they cook some of the salt also disappears. Add salt at the end before serving.
- Thickness of the frozen fries matter. Thick steak fries will take the longest and quick cooking French fries will be the fastest. Start your cook time at 8 minutes if in doubt and then keep checking on your fries.
- Cheesy Fries are fantastic. Two minutes before your frozen fries are done add grated cheese and then finish the cook time. You will have perfect air fryer cheesy fries.
Listen To Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
How Long To Air Fry Frozen French Fries?
The air fryer frozen French fries time is JUST 12 minutes. This will produce perfectly cooked air fryer French fries and people will think you are a genius when you mention that no deep fat fryer was involved.
Some other favourite air fryer food recipes include:
- Air Fryer Frozen Hash Browns
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Frozen Mini Pizzas
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- How To Cook Frozen Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings From Frozen (3 Ways)
As well as the air fryer frozen recipes that I recommend above, we also have a cookbook that is dedicated to frozen food cooked in the air fryer. It has both healthy and unhealthy air fryer frozen food recipes and is loved by many.
You can get it on the banner above or by clicking here.
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Pack McCains Quick Cook Crispy French Fries
- Sea Salt
- Preheat the air fryer at 180c/360f.
- Place the frozen fries inside of the air fryer and cook for 12 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Serve with sea salt and your favourite sauce.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Facebook Group | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more:
Recipe says 12 minutes, then the instructions it says 5 minutes. Which is it?
It is an error it should say 12 minutes, just changed it thanks for letting us know 🙂
Thank you very much. My first time with the air fryer and the frozen french fries were PERFECT. 5 Stars.
Made these last night and can’t believe how good they are considering how little oil is used. Thanks for the tips.
Why didn’t I think of this before?! It’s so much easier to cook fries in the air fryer! Plus they taste amazing.
Thank you so, so much for your air fryer fries recipe. I have tried so many, both in Google and in the books that come with the air fryer and they have been okay, but nothing special.
This recipe nails it.
Amazing results! Just got our Philips Airfryer this week. Did your frozen wings last night and fries today. I added 3 minutes to the time and put in the wings to re-heat. It worked great.
I already like this appliance more than I thought I would, your frozen veggies are next to try! I’m making your website a ‘favorite’!
Our Phillips air fryer HD 9218 has a maximum temperature setting at 200 degrees. We bought the phillips book off the net which has minimum temp. requirements of 260 to 350 degrees.
Can you recommend a suitable recipe book
We have several recipe books here for the air fryer:
Your air fryer should not have a maximum temp of 200f degrees. Over here in Portugal ours goes up to 200c which is 400f in the US. Can i ask where you are located and if the book was purchased in America?
Cannot do without your recipes for my air fryer, just the most helpful tips and recipes.
Thank you for the very kind comments Lee 🙂