This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Baked Brie. Delicious baked brie cheese in puff pastry. An easy prep, taste sensation that will wow your guests and make them love brie cheese more than you. Cooked in the air fryer, baked brie will soon become a regular appetizer at your next family and friends gathering.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Baked Brie
Air Fryer Baked Brie will change the way you enjoy your brie forever.
Forget that small chunk of brie on your cheese and biscuits at Christmas, because this is a life changer.
Baked brie is that good that it will impress the people in your life that are fussy eaters or don’t care that much for brie.
My husband Dominic for example dislikes brie. At Christmas when we have cheese and biscuits, he will bypass the brie and instead opt for cheddar.
When I was experimenting with air fryer baked brie, I didn’t expect him to show much interest or even eat any of it.
Well he came back for seconds, and even thirds. He loved it so much that he came with a plate and took some back to the office!
This is the guy that previously told me he hated brie and that it tastes horrible.
Well I think of like my dad’s opinion to wine. You can’t say you hate all wine, when you have only tried a handful of types.
The same rule applies to baked brie, because it tastes much better and different, that fussy eater in your life might fall head over heels in love with it.
Though this does mean that I must share my baked brie now, because 10 years ago I was the only one in the household that liked it! Or maybe I should just buy two?
What’s Baked Brie
You might be reading this and wondering why I am getting so excited over air fryer baked brie when you don’t even know what baked brie is!
Well in a nutshell baked brie, is when you grab a round of brie and bake it until the brie cheese is perfectly melted.
To the point of how mozzarella cheese melts on top of a pasta dish.
You can then use your favourite ingredients to dunk into the brie cheese such as crackers, vegetable sticks or even just cooked bread.
Why Air Fry Baked Brie?
The air fryer is perfect for baked brie. You load into the air fryer basket your quickly prepared brie and then the air fryer beeps when it is perfectly melted.
Even better, you can use the air fryer to reheat your baked brie later.
My favourite reason for using the air fryer though, is how golden and crispy it makes your pastry.
Baked Brie Ideas
In our recipe for baked brie we use puff pastry. It is the easiest way and the most delicious way to have baked brie, but you can mix and match.
Baked Brie using puff pastry is a case of loading your whole brie into puff pastry and wrapping the puff pastry around the cheese.
Like making Air Fryer Beef Wellington you can add extra fillings between the brie and the puff pastry for an even better taste.
Baked Brie using pie crust is also a great alternative you can use a shop bought pie crust or use our air fryer pie crust. You would roll it out like you would with puff pastry and load it up.
Though I recommend making your pie crust with self-raising flour as it will help it expand during cooking.
Or if you are in the UK looking for a baked brie UK recipe, use our pie crust as it is the same as a shortcrust pastry.
Baked Brie using crescent rolls. You could also use crescent rolls as your pastry base instead of puff pastry or pie crust.
It creates a more French style result with crescent rolls being similar to the French croissant.
Baked Brie in pizza dough. Now this is a great thought. Using our bread maker pizza dough instead, why not roll up your brie in homemade pizza dough. It will be like calzone and addictive. I need to make it like this next time!
These above are the best baked brie in pastry ideas, but what about baked brie without pastry?
The best baked brie recipe without pastry, in my opinion, is smothered in sweet stuff often known as baked brie with maple syrup.
This way of cooking baked brie without pastry uses one of your favourite sweet and sticky marinades and it is loaded on top of the brie before it is served.
The popular choice is maple syrup, but you can also use honey, golden syrup or a mix of the three.
Baked Brie FAQ
- Baked Brie Or Camembert? You can use either brie or camembert in our baked brie recipe. Both works well. You could also use other similar French cheeses that you like that have a similar texture.
- Baked Brie Without Parchment Paper? YES you can! When we made our baked brie, we didn’t use any parchment paper and instead found a suitable dish to cook the baked brie in, to keep it stable and stopping it from sticking to everything.
- Baked Brie Without Rind? Its best to just chop off the top rind when you are making baked brie. This is because it becomes difficult to work with and can easily collapse during the cooking process. Especially when it comes to reheating your air fryer brie. Also by removing just the top it allows for your brie to properly stick to your puff pastry.
- Is Baked Brie Gluten Free? Yes it. On the condition that you would be having it with gluten free extras. Such as a healthy pastry or bread.
- Is Baked Brie Keto? Yes it is. The actual cheese that makes up baked brie is 100% keto. It is just what you add to your baked brie that might not be keto. Many people have baked brie in pastry or with bread, therefore you will have to think of an alternative way to serve your baked brie. That might be with vegetable sticks rather than bread.
- Is Baked Brie An Appetizer? Yes it is. I always think of it as girl’s night in food. But it would also be fantastic for date night, potlucks and a starter before your dinner on a weekend.
How To Cook Baked Brie In Puff Pastry?
Learning how to cook baked brie in puff pastry is a life saver. That amazing appetizer that people will talk about for years to come and you don’t have to be good at cooking to achieve it.
In fact, it is as simple as this:
- Remove the packaging and slice off the top layer of your brie rind.
- Roll your puff pastry.
- Place the brie onto the puff pastry and load the top of your brie with maple syrup.
- Wrap the puff pastry around the brie, splash with egg wash and bake in the air fryer.
- Serve melted with favourite dipping methods.
How To Eat Baked Brie In Puff Pastry?
The cooking of baked brie is the easy part. The hard part is deciding how you are going to eat your baked brie.
Once baked brie is cooked in the air fryer, you have a 30 minute to an hour cheese eating window.
Before the melted cheese starts to harden up again. You can of course reheat the brie and it will return to its glory.
But what I like to do is plan how to eat my baked brie in puff pastry before it is ready.
Baked brie with vegetable sticks – chop up cucumber, carrots and celery into sticks and dip them into your baked brie. Much lower in carbs compared to crackers.
Baked brie with bread – another of my favourites and you could even make toast soldiers if you prefer.
How To Reheat Baked Brie?
The best bit about air fryer baked brie is reheating your baked brie once you have finished with it.
Personally, I think the baked brie is better reheated than it was when it was originally cooked.
This is because when it reheats, it is already open and the melted brie slips down the side of the puff pastry and its cheese heaven.
To reheat baked brie in the air fryer, set the temperature to 180c/360f and a time to 6 minutes and then EAT!
If you scroll to below our baked brie recipe you will see the outtakes of our baked brie with the kids.
More Essential Baked Brie Cooking Tips
Can baked brie be made ahead of time? Yes it can but there is no point baking it ahead of time. By this I mean prep it for the air fryer, but don’t air fry it. This is because it only has so long melted before you have to reheat. So, cooking it in advance would mean doing it again before serving.
Baked brie not melting? This is because it has not been cooked for long enough. Add another 3 minutes check on it and carry on doing this until it is perfect.
How long does baked brie take? The prep for baked brie was less than 5 minutes for us and then a total cooking time of 10 minutes.
What temp for baked brie? The best temperature for baked brie is a 200c/400f. This ensures that the air fryer gets hot enough to thoroughly cook the puff pastry as well as melting the brie in the middle.
Air Fryer Baked Brie
- Remove the outer packaging of your brie and slice off the top layer of your brie rind.
- Roll your puff pastry so that it is big enough to wrap around your brie.
- Place the brie onto the puff pastry and load the top of your brie with half the maple syrup.
- Wrap the puff pastry around the brie, splash with a layer of egg wash and place into an air fryer cake pan.
- Place the cake pan into your air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes at 200c/400f.
- Brush the pastry with the last of your maple syrup and serve.
Baked Brie Leftovers
For fun what I wanted to do is share with you what we got up to with our baked brie leftovers.
There was me, Jorge and Sofia and we had it on a little coffee table while watching a movie. A great alternative to movie popcorn!
Jorge who is 3 years old and really into photography and even has a kiddie camera took these photos:
What I love most is the way the baked brie collapses when reheated because it has been half eaten and lost its edge. Makes it melt so much better and so good.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: