Welcome to my healthy Mediterranean vegetables in the Airfryer recipe.
I remember when I first started to lose weight (Dominic and I have lost 10 stone in the last 3 years) we were asked by friends of my parents how we had done it and what our secret was.
So we just said the Mediterranean Diet. Just because we couldn’t really think of anything better to sum up our weight loss than that. We had still had our carbs (which are allowed more so than they are on Paleo), we ate a lot of fresh fruit, vegetables, meat and fish and had ditched our processed foods. There was a bit more to it than that such as eating less, exercising etc but when you first start losing weight I don’t think you are ready to tell the world about it.
It was also the first time we had given it a proper name rather than just saying “clean eating” or eating healthier.
But looking back I would say we are a mix of clean eating, Paleo and the Mediterranean Diet. But I doubt this would be the case if I lived outside of Portugal. This is because for this part of Europe, well just like Spain, France, Italy & Greece it is all about lots of delicious vegetables and looking after yourself. These are the countries that come up on these health shows about longevity and its no surprise.
I see the elderly walking at least 3 miles a day and they are always eating their vegetables. They are not part of the Fast Food obsession and are always giving us fruit, vegetables or eggs from their garden.
But from watching them and what they eat we have followed suit and its amazing how much better we feel too.
However when I talk to my friends and family that are based on the other side of the Atlantic they struggle to even get garden peas into their children. So if they were in my care this is the exact recipe where I would get them excited over vegetables.
These are traditional Mediterranean vegetables in a lovely honey and mustard sauce. Perfect for any time of the year and even quicker and easier if you have any Airfryer.#Healthy Mediterranean Vegetables In The #Airfryer via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- In the bottom of your Airfryer (chopping as you go) slice up the courgette and green pepper. Peel and dice the parsnip and carrot and add the cherry tomatoes whole while still on the vine for extra flavour.
- Drizzle with three tablespoons of olive oil and cook for 15 minutes at 180c,
- In the meantime mix up the rest of your ingredients into an Airfryer safe baking dish.
- When the vegetables are done transfer them from the bottom of the Airfryer into the baking dish and shake well so that all the vegetables is covered in the marinade.
- Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes on 200c.