This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
If you are looking for some delicious food to cook this summer, then it doesn’t get any better than this binge worthy list of instant pot summer recipes.
Featuring everything from salads to paella, to jams, to desserts, to many more favourite foods that will keep you cool this summer in your instant pot pressure cooker.
Updated for summer 2022 with even more summer pressure cooker recipes.
Summer In The Instant Pot
If you have followed Recipe This for a while, then you will know that we used to live in Portugal.
For 13 years we called the sunny Algarve in southern Portugal our home. Then last summer we moved back to England.
It had become harder and harder to source ingredients for your instant pot recipes we make for you and even harder to cope during the ridiculously hot summer months without any air conditioning.
You’re probably wondering why I am telling you this? Because the instant pot is fantastic for cooking food in, when you live in a super hot country and cant face cooking.
Are You New To The Instant Pot?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular instant pot mini course which teaches you the instant pot basics in 5 days, we also have our instant pot bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy instant pot recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Warm Weather Instant Pot Recipes
In the summer of 2018 I learnt all about warm weather instant pot recipes.
I had just the instant pot pressure cooker for cooking with and didn’t use anything else but that.
It was super hot too and we were staying in a tent that was reaching a temperature of 50c.
I learn that instant pot summer cooking must:
- Quick prep – didn’t want to break into a sweat just doing dinner.
- Make ahead – this started my love for make ahead instant pot meals and I would prep breakfast the night before.
- Easy recipes – I didn’t have the room for recipes that required a lot of ingredients or a lot of my time. I needed to be in and out and on with the washing up.
- Life span – the ingredients life span must be good as often I couldn’t get groceries and didn’t have my home pantry to use.
This is exactly what you will get with my instant pot summer recipes as well as some seasonal recipes that we should all eat more of in summer, just because it tastes so good!
Best Instant Pot For The Summer?
In the summer I use my Instant Pot Duo 6 quart the most. It’s the in between instant pot and not as big as the 8 quart and not as little as the mini.
It’s the perfect size for quick family summer meals and I also use it a lot for meal prep when I am making picnic supplies for the beach.
Top 10 Instant Pot Summer Recipes
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes – I think of summer and I am thinking about baked potatoes and making a baked potato bar. A light meal throughout summer you can load your potatoes with your favourite coleslaw, egg mayo and such like.
- Instant Pot Potato Salad – This is how to make a potato salad in the Instant Pot. Easy method of dumping everything in the instant pot and then stirring.
- Instant Pot Tiktok Feta Pasta – The internet sensation is perfect for making faster and easier in the instant pot and ideal for summer. You will love how your pasta is dumped in the instant pot and how perfect it is.
- Instant Pot Frozen Corn On The Cob – Ideal for family gatherings and barbecues in the summer months and so easy to make. A favourite in the Milner house for instant pot simplicity.
- Instant Pot Garlic Spaghetti – I originally made this garlic spaghetti on the roof of the car while camping. It is so easy and perfect for instant pot lazy summer dinners.
- Instant Pot Paella – The summer is not the same without a delicious dish of paella, but did you know it can be made in your instant pot? It is amazing and just grab a seafood mix or make a chicken variety.
- Instant Pot Egg Loaf – This is the summer genius and will allow you to quickly prep eggs ahead of making an egg salad or using eggs for egg mayonnaise.
- Instant Pot Garlic Mussels – Do you want mussels like France in the instant pot? Then let me introduce you to this quick version that is just waiting for a French bread stick to dunk into.
- Instant Pot Greek Yoghurt – I love making yoghurt in the summer and then using it for a quick fruit salad for breakfast. Perfect for enjoying the seasonal berries too!
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake – Perfect for summer and for enjoying in season strawberries. Even better, you can take this to any summer bbq you are attending.
Instant Pot Summer Chicken Recipes
If you are looking for instant pot summer chicken recipes, then here are a few easy suggestions:
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast – I love to shred lots of chicken over summer and then load it into salads, pastas and sandwiches.
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Drumsticks – You can also cook drumsticks from frozen and then after you have cooked them, toss them in your favourite sauce.
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Thighs – I love to cook some frozen chicken thighs with some honey and then have that delicious honey flavour to the chicken skin.
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken – If you have never tried it before, Tuscan chicken is a delicious creamy chicken dish that you can cook in the instant pot. Serve it with pasta for an Italian summer family dinner.
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas – Make delicious homemade chicken fajitas in the instant pot. Grab a bag of tortilla wraps and you have an easy summer supper without overheating in the kitchen.
- Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken – Another great summer idea is to cook a rotisserie chicken in the instant pot and then shred it for summer chicken salads or to serve with a summer salad.
- Instant Pot Frozen Whole Chicken – I love to add a frozen whole chicken to the instant pot in the summer. It stops me overheating and I don’t have to worry about thawing the chicken first.
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Wings – You will love how easy it is to cook frozen wings in the instant pot. Then just plan your favourite sauce.
Instant Pot Summer Beef Recipes
Here is my pick of my favourite beef summer recipes in the instant pot. Though do note, there are many other delicious instant pot beef recipes you can cook, these just shout out summer and make summer in the instant pot even better.
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Meat Sauce
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs
- Instant Pot Frozen Taco Meat
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
Though a special shout out needs to go to instant pot frozen steak. The steak cooks from frozen in the instant pot, creates its own gravy and then you can use the air fryer for air fryer fries. The perfect summer steak and fries dinner.
Or my new favourite recipe for the instant pot is instant pot frozen hamburgers. You cook your favourite hamburgers whether homemade or grocery shop bought and load them into the instant pot. They come out so tender and taste better than burgers from a gourmet restaurant. Yum yum!
Instant Pot Healthy Summer Recipes
If you are looking for some top instant pot healthy summer recipes then these are the favourite in the Milner house.
- Instant Pot Egg Roll In A Bowl – Not only is egg roll in a bowl known as a delicious healthy low carb recipe, but it is also perfect light eats over summer.
- Instant Pot Steamed Tomatoes – Often not talked about, the instant pot is perfect for steaming tomatoes for sauces as well as quickly peeling the skin off the summer tomatoes.
More Instant Pot Summer Recipes
Here at Recipe This we have even MORE instant pot summer recipes for you to try. Have a browse through these instant pot summertime recipes for even more inspiration and bookmark for later.
- Instant Pot No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot Brown Rice
- Instant Pot Quinoa
- Instant Pot Frozen Shrimp
- Instant Pot Spam Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Hot Dogs
- Instant Pot Macaroni Salad
- Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
- Instant Pot Raspberry Jam
- Instant Pot Peach Jam
- Instant Pot Blueberry Jam
- Instant Pot Lemon Curd
- Instant Pot Creamed Corn
- Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn
- Instant Pot Bok Choy
- Instant Pot Beets
- Instant Pot Baked Ziti + Ragu
- Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Instant Pot Paella Soup
- Instant Pot Frozen Smokies
- Instant Pot Mexican Brown Rice + Black Beans
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork Sliders
- Instant Pot Breakfast Potatoes
- Instant Pot New Potatoes
- Instant Pot Nando’s Spicy Rice
- Instant Pot Cuban Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Chinese Brown Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Campfire Stew
- Instant Pot Quinoa Summer Salad
- Instant Pot Mexican Quinoa
- Instant Pot Tuna Casserole
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Instant Pot Shredded Beef Tacos
- Instant Pot Chickpeas
- Instant Pot Halloumi Pasta Bake
Or a special mention must go to the following that are perfect for the instant pot this summertime:
- Instant Pot Porridge Setting – One thing I do when away in the summer is make a big batch of instant pot porridge and then we have it for a couple of days for breakfast at whatever cottage we have rented. It fills you up ahead of exercise and its so easy to pressure cook.
- Instant Pot Banoffee Pie – Is fantastic for an easy dessert this summer using a can of your condensed milk. You can also decorate it with extra bananas.
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites – Want something to wow your guests when you throw a summer barbecue? Then make these. You can use cake mix, or your own homemade cake batter and they are even better when served with chocolate sauce.
- Instant Pot Pease Pudding – This healthy spread is never given enough credit. Traditionally served in the Newcastle region of England it is perfect for ham sandwiches in your summer picnic.