Instant Pot Summer Recipes. Introducing you to the best instant pot summer recipes. These 60 summer recipes are easy, mainly healthy, quick to prep, some are keto, some are low carb, with lots of new ideas to add to your instant pot summer meal plan.
Instant Pot Summer Recipes
If you are new to Recipe This, then you might not know that we are based in the sunny southern region of the Algarve in Portugal.
I kind of think of it as the California of Europe. The place that has an okay winter but is known for its summer weather.
Lots of waterparks, lots of beaches, lots of outside eating and plenty of water sports on the world class beaches.
Out of season, there is not much to do as its all about the summer season that runs from Easter through to October, with the over 50’s visiting out of season for a break from the British cold winter.
By the time June hits and the schools break up until September it is red hot. Summer days carry a temperature of between 30-45c and I just want to sit in the cold water at the waterpark to stay cool.
I also want easy summer food and I couldn’t imagine turning the oven on when it is so hot.
Warm Weather Instant Pot Recipes
In the summer of 2018 I learnt all about warm weather instant pot recipes.
I had just the instant pot pressure cooker for cooking with and didn’t use anything else but that.
It was super hot too and we were staying in a tent that was reaching a temperature of 50c.
I learn that instant pot summer cooking must:
- Quick prep – didn’t want to break into a sweat just doing dinner.
- Make ahead – this started my love for make ahead instant pot meals and I would prep breakfast the night before.
- Easy recipes – I didn’t have the room for recipes that required a lot of ingredients or a lot of my time. I needed to be in and out and on with the washing up.
- Life span – the ingredients life span must be good as often I couldn’t get groceries and didn’t have my home pantry to use.
This is exactly what you will get with my instant pot summer recipes as well as some seasonal recipes that we should all eat more of in summer, just because it tastes so good!
Best Instant Pot For The Summer?
In the summer I use my Instant Pot Duo 6 quart the most. It’s the in between instant pot and not as big as the 8 quart and not as little as the mini.
It’s the perfect size for quick family summer meals and I also use it a lot for meal prep when I am making picnic supplies for the beach.
Top 10 Instant Pot Summer Recipes
- Instant Pot Egg Bites – My zero cottage cheese egg bites are delicious and are perfect for the summer. Make ahead and load them into your picnic or have them as a light breakfast or brunch.
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes – I think of summer and I am thinking about baked potatoes and making a baked potato bar. A light meal throughout summer you can load your potatoes with your favourite coleslaw, egg mayo and such like.
- Instant Pot Potato Salad – This is how to make a potato salad in the Instant Pot. Easy method of dumping everything in the instant pot and then stirring.
- Instant Pot Tiktok Feta Pasta – The internet sensation is perfect for making faster and easier in the instant pot and ideal for summer. You will love how your pasta is dumped in the instant pot and how perfect it is.
- Instant Pot Frozen Corn On The Cob – Ideal for family gatherings and barbecues in the summer months and so easy to make. A favourite in the Milner house for instant pot simplicity.
- Instant Pot Strawberry Jam – Learn how to make the most delicious summer jam in the instant pot. The first one we made was strawberry and this is the improved version or scroll to the bottom for more homemade jam in the instant pot.
- Instant Pot Garlic Spaghetti – I originally made this garlic spaghetti on the roof of the car while camping. It is so easy and perfect for instant pot lazy summer dinners.
- Instant Pot Paella – The summer is not the same without a delicious dish of paella, but did you know it can be made in your instant pot? It is amazing and just grab a seafood mix or make a chicken variety.
- Instant Pot Tuna Pasta Casserole – Another of my favourite summer instant pot recipes is a tuna pasta casserole, or us Milners call it just tuna pasta. We take it to the beach with us in the summer and serve it cold. You can also mix the leftovers with mayonnaise and add it to a salad.
- Instant Pot Popcorn – Make popcorn in the instant pot and then watch a movie under the stars. Or if you are camping this can be the perfect campfire snack that everyone can enjoy.
Instant Pot Summer Chicken Recipes
If you are looking for instant pot summer chicken recipes, then here are a few easy suggestions:
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast – I love to shred lots of chicken over summer and then load it into salads, pastas and sandwiches.
- Instant Pot Sweet Chili Chicken Wings – A quick and easy chicken wings recipe for the instant pot, it is a perfect alternative to the barbecue.
- Instant Pot No Washing Up Chicken Wings – I particularly love this version of chicken wings for when you are camping with your instant pot. They cook in silver foil like a hobo dinner and are so yummy.
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken – If you have never tried it before, Tuscan chicken is a delicious creamy chicken dish that you can cook in the instant pot. Serve it with pasta for an Italian summer family dinner.
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas – Make delicious homemade chicken fajitas in the instant pot. Grab a bag of tortilla wraps and you have an easy summer supper without overheating in the kitchen.
- Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken – Another great summer idea is to cook a rotisserie chicken in the instant pot and then shred it for summer chicken salads or to serve with a summer salad.
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls – Perfect for summer and the chicken cooks in the instant pot pressure cooker. You can also mix and match with ingredients in your pantry.
- Instant Pot Frozen Whole Chicken – I love to add a frozen whole chicken to the instant pot in the summer. It stops me overheating and I don’t have to worry about thawing the chicken first.
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Wings – You will love how easy it is to cook frozen wings in the instant pot. Then just plan your favourite sauce.
Instant Pot Summer Beef Recipes
Here is my pick of my favourite beef summer recipes in the instant pot. Though do note, there are many other delicious instant pot beef recipes you can cook, these just shout out summer and make summer in the instant pot even better.
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Meat Sauce
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes Baguettes
- Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs
- Instant Pot Frozen Taco Meat
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
Though a special shout out needs to go to instant pot frozen steak. The steak cooks from frozen in the instant pot, creates its own gravy and then you can use the air fryer for air fryer fries. The perfect summer steak and fries dinner.
Or my new favourite recipe for the instant pot is instant pot frozen hamburgers. You cook your favourite hamburgers whether homemade or grocery shop bought and load them into the instant pot. They come out so tender and taste better than burgers from a gourmet restaurant. Yum yum!
Instant Pot Healthy Summer Recipes
If you are looking for some top instant pot healthy summer recipes then these are the favourite in the Milner house.
- Instant Pot Egg Roll In A Bowl – Not only is egg roll in a bowl known as a delicious healthy low carb recipe, but it is also perfect light eats over summer.
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Pizza Crust – Stay healthy this summer using the instant pot to steam cauliflower or other vegetables to make an amazing pizza crust.
- Instant Pot Steamed Tomatoes – Often not talked about, the instant pot is perfect for steaming tomatoes for sauces as well as quickly peeling the skin off the summer tomatoes.
- Instant Pot Pork Cataplana – If you have not had a pork cataplana before, note that it is a light pork dish in tomato sauce that is perfect for a low carb summer. If you have had spicy pork tapas in Spain, then you will love the Portuguese alternative.
More Instant Pot Summer Recipes
Here at Recipe This we have even MORE instant pot summer recipes for you to try. Have a browse through these instant pot summertime recipes for even more inspiration and bookmark for later.
- Instant Pot No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot Egg Loaf
- Instant Pot Brown Rice
- Instant Pot Quinoa
- Instant Pot Frozen Shrimp
- Instant Pot Spam Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Hot Dogs
- Instant Pot Macaroni Salad
- Instant Pot Egg Salad
- How To Make Jam In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Raspberry Jam
- Instant Pot Peach Jam
- Instant Pot Blueberry Jam
- Instant Pot Lemon Curd
- Instant Pot Creamed Corn
- Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn
- Instant Pot Bok Choy
- Instant Pot Beets
- Instant Pot Baked Ziti + Ragu
- Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Instant Pot Paella Soup
- Instant Pot Cataplana
- Instant Pot Frozen Smokies
- Instant Pot Mexican Brown Rice + Black Beans
- Instant Pot Macaroni Cheese
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork Sliders
- Instant Pot Breakfast Potatoes
- Instant Pot New Potatoes
- Instant Pot Nando’s Spicy Rice
- Instant Pot Cuban Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Chinese Brown Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Campfire Stew
- Instant Pot Quinoa Summer Salad
- Instant Pot Mexican Quinoa
Or a special mention must go to the following that are perfect for the instant pot this summertime:
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake – For those fresh strawberries that you got from the summer market. The kids will love joining you for a cheesecake making session.
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites – Want something to wow your guests when you throw a summer barbecue? Then make these. You can use cake mix, or your own homemade cake batter and they are even better when served with chocolate sauce.
- Instant Pot Pease Pudding – This healthy spread is never given enough credit. Traditionally served in the Newcastle region of England it is perfect for ham sandwiches in your summer picnic.