Forget peeling eggs, instant pot egg loaf is the best instant pot hack you will ever find. Perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs are cooked shell free and then you can dice and smother in mayonnaise ready for dinner.
If you are batching hard boiled eggs for egg salads, egg mayonnaise, or egg salad sandwiches, then you will love the instant pot egg trick.
This is an updated post. We originally shared with you all about creating an instant pot hard boiled egg loaf back in 2018. This is the updated post with extra photos and an easier way of doing it.
Table of Contents
Pressure Cooker Eggs
I remember the summer of 2018 well. It was the year we travelled around Europe with the instant pot, and I got the best experience of pressure cooking that I could ever get.
After all, there is no better way than having to cook exclusively in the instant pot, with no fridge and no freezer, whilst going from rainy France to super hot Spain.
I would cook things that were easy to prep, that didn’t need much space in the kitchen to prep, and that I could easily source from different Lidl’s throughout Europe.
Eggs became top of the list. I could just grab a dozen from Lidl and then pressure cook and use them for mealtimes.
There was plenty of rounds of instant pot soft boiled eggs for breakfast, as well as eggs that could be chopped up and made into egg mayonnaise.
The egg mayo would then go over instant pot baked potatoes for a filling meal.
I also had an old cake pan that I used for the air fryer with me that fitted the instant pot perfectly and I soon started making an instant pot egg loaf. It was so easy and then I didn’t have to be in a field in the middle of France peeling eggs.
Several years later I am still obsessed with my instant pot egg loaf, the only difference now is that I use silicone because then the eggs never stick, and it is still my all time favourite instant pot hack.
I recommend you read on for the easiest way ever to cook boiled eggs in the instant pot.
Are You New To The Instant Pot?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular instant pot mini course which teaches you the instant pot basics in 5 days, we also have our instant pot bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy instant pot recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
What Is An Egg Loaf?
I realise most of you will have no idea what I am talking about, when I mention the words “egg loaf” so let me explain it better.
An egg loaf is basically the process of cracking loads of eggs into a container, you then bake the eggs, and they look like a big egg loaf.
Like you see in the picture below:
The eggs come out like classic hard boiled eggs that have been peeled. But because you have cracked the eggs into the container there is no peeling involved.
You then chop up your eggs and mix with mayo and use them for sandwiches, salads, or like me and Dominic love them….. over potatoes.
Why Make An Egg Loaf?
The main reason for an egg loaf is avoiding the peeling of eggs.
If you plan to use the eggs in a way where you would just slice them anyway, this creates a quicker and easier way of doing so.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs No Shell
This of course is the easiest way to cook hard boiled eggs in the instant pot without the shell, but there is also another way, if you want to keep the eggs whole.
That is to make our instant pot no peel hard boiled eggs. The difference here is that you crack them into your egg bite mould (like this one) and they come out like perfect boiled eggs but look more like poached eggs.
Would you like easy & amazing instant pot recipes from instant pot experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST instant pot beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful instant pot resources.
Egg Loaf Instant Pot Ingredients
Eggs – You can do as many eggs, that once cracked fit well in your container. We find that 10 large eggs are perfect. Though you are welcome to do less.
Water – You will need 1 cup of water to bring the instant pot to pressure.
Container – This egg loaf instant pot recipe is best because we have used silicone. That way it wipes clean and there is no adding non-stick or scrubbing afterwards.
Optional – If making into egg mayo, you will also want some mayonnaise and salt and pepper.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this egg loaf recipe it has just been our Instant Pot. We have this one and it’s my favourite and great for a lot of egg recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our instant pot recipes category as we have many electric pressure cooker recipes and have been using instant pots for 5 years.
How To Make Egg Loaf In The Instant Pot?
- Pour. Place a cup of water into your instant pot and then add in your trivet.
- Crack. Next crack as many eggs that will fit into your silicone container. This was 10 for us!
- Cook. Place into the instant pot, add the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 12 minutes.
- Finish. Do a quick pressure release and using a tea towel (as it will be hot) remove the container from the instant pot. Peel back the silicone to make the perfect egg loaf.
- Optional. Next slice and add mayonnaise and season to make a quick egg mayonnaise.
And I am sure you can see now how simple and easy it is to cook an instant pot hard boiled egg loaf.
Instant Pot Egg Loaf For Egg Salad
If you live in the US, then I am sure you want to make an instant pot egg salad. Which is very similar to what us Brits call an egg mayonnaise.
Simply slice your egg loaf on a chopping board, load the egg into a bowl, add mayonnaise, mustard and salt and pepper and mix with a fork.
You now have the quickest and easiest instant pot egg salad ever. And its perfect for salads, sandwiches etc.
Eggloaf Tips & Tricks
- Use silicone in the instant pot. It works just as good as stainless steel but is non-stick and makes cleaning so much easier.
- Crack the eggs onto a kitchen worktop, they crack much easier and don’t break the shell as much.
- Season first and season last. Pressure cookers can reduce the flavour to food, and this makes the eggs taste even better.
- You can do as few as 2 or as many as 12 eggs at once. Depending on how many you need.
- You can make ahead your egg loaf and leave it in the fridge once cool in foil and it will keep for 4 days.
More Eggs In Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
Your egg loaf in instant pot recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free instant pot ebooks and useful instant pot cook time charts and so much more.
Instant Pot Egg Loaf
- 10 Large Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Instant Pot
- Silicone Baking Pan
- Place a cup of water (240ml) into the instant pot or if using an 8qt or 10qt instant pot, increase this to 2 cups. Then add in your trivet. Crack eggs into a silicone pan and then place on the trivet.
- Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook for 12 minutes followed by a quick pressure release.
- After releasing the pressure remove the silicone from the instant pot and allow to cool. Then peel back the silicone from the eggs to produce a perfectly cooked instant pot boiled egg loaf.
- Slice up into chunks and then use for egg mayo, sandwiches, baked potato filling etc.