This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Instant Pot Frozen Steak. How to instant pot frozen steak. Time to make the most delicious tender steak you have ever tried in your instant pot. Direct from your freezer into your instant pot pressure cooker, this is a truly amazing must try instant pot recipe.
Instant Pot Frozen Steak
It just so happens that is a coincidence, that todays instant pot frozen steak recipe, is published on what would have been my grandad’s birthday.
My youngest son Jorge is named after him, he was a wonderful grandad to me and died when I was 11 years old. He was my first ever influence when it came to food.
Specifically eating delicious frugal food. He introduced me to black pudding, liver and onion and many other foods that you would associate with cheap healthy dinners.
I would imagine if he was cooking today, that he would be obsessed with the instant pot.
He would love how he could put cheap cuts of meat into the electric pressure cooker and how it would come out perfectly every time.
Today’s instant pot frozen steak is a key example of this. You can use expensive steak, you can cheap steak, you can use cubed steak, the choice is yours.
But what you can achieve is something so delicious you will think that you are dreaming.
Why Cook Frozen Steak In Pressure Cooker?
Instant pot users, Mealthy users, Ninja Foodi users, Pressure King Pro users, get ready for the best tasting steak ever.
My husband Dominic worked as a chef for more than a decade. He followed this up by working as a butcher.
He is very skilled and opinionated when it comes to steak and other cuts of meat. One thing he has always hated is meat cooked from frozen.
The fact that frozen meat is not as tender compared to fresh meat. Or that steak should be tenderised prior to being cooked which can’t happen if it is cooked from frozen.
However, the day I introduced Dominic to instant pot frozen steak, was the day he changed his opinion.
He said that he had found some instant pot meat that tasted delicious when cooked direct from the freezer.
Braised meat is meant for slow cooking and pressure cooking because it goes from tough to tender, but imagine a cut that is not meant for pressure cooking?
The result is a much tender meat and it is like eating the best steak you have ever tried.
Plus, you can just grab it from the freezer and throw it in the instant pot. What more is there not to love about this.
Can You Instant Pot Frozen Steak?
Absolutely! Just make sure that the packaging is all fully off the frozen steak before you instant pot it and you are all set.
Though I have found that the best results (don’t worry I will cover that in more detail later) is when you cook your frozen steak in the instant pot in a gravy and then serve the gravy with your steak.
There are lots of different cuts of instant pot frozen steak that works well including:
- Instant Pot Sirloin Steak From Frozen
- Instant Pot Round Steak From Frozen
- Instant Pot Frozen Tri Tip Steak
- Instant Pot Frozen T Bone Steak
- Instant Pot Frozen Steak Tips
- Instant Pot Frozen Skirt Steak
- Instant Pot Frozen Ribeye Steak
- Instant Pot Frozen New York Strip Steak
- Instant Pot Frozen Minute Steak
- Instant Pot Frozen Flank Steak
- Instant Pot Frozen Cube Steak
- Instant Pot Frozen Chuck Steak
Though for todays instant pot frozen steak recipe we will be using a mixture of instant pot frozen sirloin steak that we have purchased from different butchers.
That way we can see how they compare. But of course you can use any frozen steak in your instant pot or other pressure cooker.
Which Frozen Steak In The Instant Pot?
Our personal favourite for frozen steak in the instant pot is Butcher Box. We recommend you read our Butcher Box Review first for more information about it.
In a nutshell, they are a premium meat delivery service and it is like having your butcher deliver to your doorstep.
They do a LOT of delicious steak and other beef that is delivered to you frozen and then you can grab it from the freezer and follow this recipe.
Butcher Box also run specials and you can often get free meat in your first box as a special add in. Click here to see what the current deal is.
How To Cook Frozen Meat In The Instant Pot?
Last year we wrote a fantastic guide, with a free downloadable printable showing you how to cook frozen meat in the instant pot.
We recommend you head over and go and download it as it will show you how to cook more than just frozen steak in the instant pot.
Plus it gives you quick frozen meat cook times so that you can use it for quick reference each time you cook your frozen meat.
Instant Pot Frozen Steak Cook Time
The cook time for our instant pot frozen sirloin steak is JUST 20 minutes. Some of you might think that is too short and some will think it is too long.
- It only needs 20 minutes because it doesn’t need to cook as long as stewing meat because it is already a tender cut of meat.
- If needs as long as 20 minutes because even though steak will cook in 0 minutes, you want your steak to be tender and flavoursome.
How To Instant Pot Frozen Steak
Cooking frozen steak is rather easy and here are the simple steps to follow:
- Sauté an onion with mustard in the instant pot until it has softened.
- Deglaze the instant pot with white wine.
- Add in frozen steak and liquid and pressure cook.
- After a 20 minute pressure cook remove the steak and ¾ of the liquid.
- Make a gravy using the remaining liquid, onions, as well as mixing in soft cheese, white wine and extra seasonings.
- Serve with air fryer fries.
Instant Pot Frozen Steak
Instant Pot Frozen Sirloin Steak Ingredients:
- Load your peeled and diced onion into the instant pot and sauté with the extra virgin olive oil and the mustard.
- When the onion has softened add in the white wine to deglaze the instant pot and press cancel.
- Add beef stock, mix and load the frozen steak on top. Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 20 minutes on manual/pressure cook.
- When it beeps manually release pressure and do a quick pressure release.
- Remove the steak and put to one side along with ¾ of the stock from the instant pot.
- Put the instant pot back on sauté. Load in the soft cheese and the other gravy ingredients, stirring until it makes a creamy mustard sauce.