This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Introducing you to the best cheesecake in the instant pot that you will ever make. This creamy instant pot strawberry cheesecake is super easy to make, features metric and imperial measurements and will look amazing for an occasion.
Plus, it is easy to switch from strawberry to oreo, to pumpkin, depending on what flavour instant pot cheesecake you want to make.
Even better, we will show you how to make instant pot strawberry cheesecake bites too.
This amazing instant pot cheesecake recipe is an updated post and was originally shared with you back in 2017.
Table of Contents
Do you have a favourite cheesecake flavour?
For me I am a strawberry cheesecake fan all the way.
I first had a strawberry cheesecake when I visited Starbucks for the first time (summer of 2012) and fell in love with the delicious creamy strawberry flavoured cheesecake.
Today’s cheesecake is the exact same cheesecake recipe that I have followed for many, many years but have adapted its flavour to suit my food.
Swapping the fresh strawberries for raspberries or for oreos or for just cooked pumpkin as well as a key lime version when the limes are in season.
I wanted to share with you today how easy it is cook a cheesecake in the instant pot, how I do it and how you purposely want a slight crack (#1 chef tip) to make decorating your cheesecake even easier.
Are You New To The Instant Pot?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular instant pot mini course which teaches you the instant pot basics in 5 days, we also have our instant pot bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy instant pot recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Instant Pot Cheesecake UK
Here at Recipe This we live in Yorkshire in the UK and find that we get many requests for an instant pot cheesecake with more British ingredients and the inclusion of metric.
Well, we are here to deliver because this is instant pot cheesecake with ingredients that you will find at both sides of the pond.
Though in our simple strawberry cheesecake recipe there is no need for graham crackers, no sour cream, no heavy cream, and no weird ingredients like corn starch.
Just simple everyday ingredients that you have already in from your last Tesco’s shop.
Is Instant Pot Cheesecake Good?
Yes, it is. Instant Pot cheesecake is very good indeed. I have cooked many cheesecakes in many different kitchen gadgets and have found that the instant pot pressure cooker method is the best as is even better than our air fryer cheesecake. But don’t tell my air fryer fans I said that!
Why Make Cheesecake In Instant Pot?
The biggest reason to make cheesecake in the instant pot is convenience. Which applies to a lot of recipes that you cook in the instant pot. Take the instant pot caramel as an example, you are taking a recipe from 4 hours down to 40 minutes thanks to the instant pot.
With the instant pot, you mix the ingredients in a bowl, make a quick crust and then dump it in the instant pot and the instant does the hard work.
The instant pot also gives you a wonderful creamy texture that is difficult to find without the instant pot.
What Brand Of Cream Cheese Is Best For Cheesecake?
No cream cheese (also known as soft cheese) is better than Philadelphia full fat cheese. Its like buttercream and not using proper butter. You can taste the difference so much and then you get made at yourself for not using the real thing.
Which Instant Pot Makes Cheesecake?
All brands of instant pot pressure cookers make cheesecake. You don’t have to have a specific model to be able to do cheesecake.
But if you have the 3 quart instant pot then the cheesecake you will be able to make will be quite small.
For example, I used a 7 inch spring form pan in my 8 quart instant pot and wouldn’t be able to achieve this in an instant pot mini.
Can You Put A Spring Form Pan In An Instant Pot?
Yes, you can, and it is fantastic for easy instant pot cakes as well as for savoury dishes such as a frittata.
It makes it much easier to remove the food if you use a spring form pan.
But if you are making something watery its not a good idea as it will come out.
This is the 7 inch spring form pan that I recommend you use in the instant pot pressure cooker.
Why Is My Instant Pot Cheesecake Runny?
The reason your cheesecake is runny is because the cheesecake batter is not thick enough before you placed it in the spring form pan.
For example, this is how your cheesecake should look before it is pressure cooked:
If it doesn’t then you need to add extra Philadelphia to help it set.
Would you like easy & amazing instant pot recipes from instant pot experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST instant pot beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful instant pot resources.
Ingredients For Strawberry Cheesecake
Cheese – Philadelphia full fat cream cheese makes the best instant pot strawberry cheesecake and don’t swap this ingredient.
Yoghurt – Greek yoghurt ensures that your cheesecake is light and creamy and stops it having that heavy feeling that you get from heavy cream (double cream).
Sugar – For that wonderfully sweet taste I recommend you use caster sugar. It works very well in baking and stops the cake from going gritty.
Eggs – You will also need 3 large eggs at room temperature to mix into your cheesecake batter. I have tried chilled eggs and warm eggs and room temperature works best.
Crust – Then to make the crust base you will need your favourite biscuits and some melted butter. I love to use digestive biscuits and any butter. Though you can swap digestive biscuits for maria biscuits (healthier option) or some graham crackers or make it more flavoursome with some hobnobs or some gingernuts.
Flavours – Then for extra deliciousness I love to add a little vanilla essence, but this is optional.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this instant pot strawberry cheesecake recipe it has just been our Instant Pot. We have this one and its my favourite and great for desserts and so ridiculously fast for making a cheesecake.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our instant pot recipes category as we have many electric pressure cooker recipes and have been using instant pots for 5 years.
How To Make An Easy Strawberry Cheesecake?
- Filling. Add the cream cheese and the sugar to a bowl and mix with a hand mixer. Gradually add in the rest of your wet ingredients until you have a creamy cheesecake batter.
- Base. Bash your digestive biscuits with a rolling pin until crushed (or use a food processor) and then mix with melted butter. Add to the bottom of a spring form pan.
- Create. Cover your cheesecake filling over the crumb base to create an amazing looking cheesecake.
- Dump. Then dump your trivet into the instant pot with water and then lower in your spring form pan and wrap tightly in foil.
- Cook. Then pressure cook for 30 minutes do a quick pressure release and then allow to cool before placing in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Decorate. The next day decorate with sliced strawberries before serving.
And I am sure you can see now how simple strawberry cheesecake is to make, especially if you use the instant pot to cook.
How Long Do You Cook A Cheesecake In An Instant Pot?
This easy strawberry cheesecake recipe takes JUST 30 minutes to cook in the instant pot pressure cooker. Of course, this doesn’t take into account time to pressure or that you leave it in the fridge to finish setting.
Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
My favourite thing about making strawberry cheesecake in the instant pot is the leftovers. I will keep a little of the ingredients so that I can make some strawberry cheesecake bites.
They are just how they sound, little bites of cheesecake heaven.
I will use the egg bites mould (this one) and then add the filling first and then top with the cheesecake crumb.
And then place the lid on the egg bite mould and place it in the instant pot on the trivet in a similar way to when you make classic instant pot egg bites.
Then after this, pressure cook them for 20 minutes.
I then allow them to cool before removing, adding some squirty cream and a slice of strawberry.
Strawberry Cheesecake Tips & Tricks
- This is the cheesecake recipe when you celebrate having a crack. Because the crack can be where you decorate your strawberries and make them stand out like a professional restaurant cheesecake.
- For the best strawberry cheesecake don’t just had pink food colouring, mix in a little fresh strawberries for the ultimate taste.
- Thick Greek yoghurt makes a much lighter and creamy cheesecake than using sour cream or heavy cream.
- It really makes a difference using butter in the crust rather than margarine or vegetable oil. Try to avoid subbing.
- Remember a strawberry cheesecake in the instant pot, is only a success if you leave it to chill for 12 hours.
- The easiest way to crush your biscuits without a blender is to load them into a Ziploc bag and then bash with a rolling pin.
- I recommend using a spring form pan as its easier to slice and remove once made.
- Save those cheesecake leftovers to make cheesecake bites with.
Interesting Instant Pot Trick – Use hot water from the tap when filling up the instant pot. If you don’t it will take forever to warm up all that water and take it to pressure.
More Easy Instant Pot Desserts
- Instant Pot Banoffee Pie
- Instant Pot Box Chocolate Cake
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding
Your simple strawberry cheesecake recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free instant pot ebooks and useful instant pot cook time charts and so much more.
Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
Instant Pot Cheesecake Ingredients:
- In a bowl, beat the sugar with the cream cheese until you have a light and fluffy mixture.
- Add in the egg, one at a time and blend slowly until smooth.
- Next thinly slice 2 strawberries and add them to the mixture. If its then not pink enough, you can use some food colouring though we didn’t.
- Add in yoghurt and vanilla and mix slowly with the hand mixer.
- Whilst your cheesecake is resting in a bowl get your crust ready. Place the butter in the microwave and cook for a minute to melt it. Then use a food processor or blender to turn the biscuits into crumbs. Then load the crumbs into the butter, mix well with a fork.
- Load the crumb mixture into the bottom of a spring form pan. Then use a fork to press down so that you have a level layer of crust.
- Cover the cheesecake filling over the crumb base and make sure it is level and get rid of any lumps or bumps.
- Place 2 cups of water (480ml) into the instant pot, add the trivet (the one with the handles) and then load up the spring form pan with a tight layer of foil.
- Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 30 minutes.
- Do a quick pressure release, remove from the instant pot using the handles of your trivet, remove the foil, and allow to cool.
- Once cool, if there is no crack, cut a line in the middle of the cheesecake and place in the fridge for 12 hours.
- The next day, remove the main part of the spring form pan as it makes it easier to work with. Also, your cut line should have expanded as it has cooled. This is your strawberries line for adding your strawberries to and gives it a dinner party look.
- Start by filling strawberries along the line and then surround the top of the cheesecake with more sliced strawberries before serving.