Instant Pot Egg Bites Without Cottage Cheese. Step by step Instant Pot Egg Bites Guide showing you how to make classic Instant Pot Starbucks egg bites without any cottage cheese. Three fool proof recipes for the perfect Instant Pot Egg Bite.
Table of Contents
Instant Pot Egg Bites Without Cottage Cheese
Can I say right now that I HATE cottage cheese? I can’t think of a cheese that is as pointless as cottage cheese. I first tried it many years ago when I was on a low fat diet in the 90’s and have hated it ever since.
I think it is because it so boring compared to other cheeses or that it is so low in fat.
There is only one time I have ever liked it and that was when my aunt made it for me in a lasagna, but that is it!
So, when I first started getting into egg bites, the thought of eating them with cottage cheese filled me with dread.
Luckily thanks to a comment from one of our Instant Pot readers, I was taught a Plan B. That Plan B was to make Instant Pot Egg Bites Without Cottage Cheese and instead make Instant Pot Egg Bites With Ricotta.
That is exactly what I plan to show you today. Not just how to make Instant Pot Egg Bites With Ricotta but also a basic Instant Pot Egg Bites recipe as well as two different egg bite flavours.
I call it my ultimate guide to Instant Pot Egg Bites as it includes everything you would want to know if starting out with egg bites.
What Are Instant Pot Egg Bites?
For many of you I am sure you’re wondering what on earth Instant Pot Egg Bites are and why you would possibly want to make them?
The Instant Pot Egg Bite is associated with Starbucks and are a mini bite of deliciousness.
Something that I have hooked on for a long time now and once you try them, you will be hooked on egg bites too.
I am British born so to me egg bites were an alien term when I first heard it too. For a British person, or to my British born chef husband, we would describe them as a flourless quiche.
The contents of the quiche if you took the flan pastry base away.
Others might consider egg bites to be like a frittata, after all a flourless quiche is a frittata, or you might think of it as an omelette cooked in the Instant Pot.
When the egg bite, or frittata bite, or omelette bite, is cooked in the Instant Pot it is steamed and this gives it a softer texture when you eat them compared to a classic frittata.
It has so many names, there is no wonder people get confused to what an Instant Pot Egg Bite is. But whatever you would call it where you live, note that Instant Pot Egg Bites taste truly delicious.
Best Instant Pot Egg Bites Mould
And I use it all the time and it is perfect for any type of egg bites, even the sweet varieties.
I recommend that when you do buy your instant pot egg bite mould, that you get a quantity of 2, that way you can stack your egg bites on top of each other and make 2 lots at once.
How To Use Your Instant Pot Egg Bite Mould
The great thing about a quality egg bite mould is that if you’re cooking a classic Starbucks Egg Bite in your Instant Pot, then you will not need to season it before use.
Instead you can pour your egg bite liquid directly into your egg bite mould. Then make sure your egg bite mould is only filled 75% full and place the lid on your egg bite mould.
Then the Instant Pot will need 2 cups of water in the bottom of the inner pot, then the steamer shelf aka trivet, followed by your 2 sealed egg bite moulds on top.
It is as simple as that and then the egg bites cook, and you can relax.
Instant Pot Egg Bite 5:5:5 Method
For the BEST Instant Pot Egg Bites, you need to follow the 5:5:5 method. In a nutshell this means that YOU:
- Cook your egg bites for 5 minutes
- Natural pressure release for 5 minutes
- Cool in the freezer for 5 minutes
This results in your egg bites coming out of their mould perfectly. They will then literally fall out of the egg bite mould without even one mark left behind. It is like MAGIC.
Instant Pot Egg Bites – Plain
Let’s start with the basic Instant Pot Egg Bites. Follow this recipe and you can use this with a whole range of your favourite egg bite fillings and just refer back to this recipe as your plain egg bites guide.
To make plain egg bites you need your blender.
Into your blender add:
- 4 Large Eggs
- 100g Grated Cheese
- 250g Ricotta Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
For grated cheese I added gouda to my egg bites, but any of your favourite grated cheese will work too.
Blend until smooth and you now have a plain egg bite batter.
Simply pour until 75% full on your moulds and this will make enough for Instant Pot egg bite moulds over 2 layers.
Pour 2 cups of water into your Instant Pot and lower the trivet.
Finally seal your moulds and place them into your Instant Pot on a trivet and they are ready for making you delicious Instant Pot egg bites.
Instant Pot Egg Bites – Bacon
If bacon is your thing, then it is so easy to make Instant Pot Egg Bites With Bacon.
Simply follow the recipe above but add some extra steps:
- Slice 4 rashers of bacon and using some olive oil, cook for a couple of minutes on sauté in the Instant Pot inner pot. Once it is crispy remove the bacon and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Pour your water into the Instant Pot as usual and don’t bother cleaning it out as the Instant Pot coming to pressure will clean it for you and will add a stronger bacon flavour to your egg bites and they will be even more delicious.
- Then just before placing the lid on your egg bite moulds, pop a few little pieces of bacon into the egg bites batter. Then seal the egg bite moulds as usual.
Instant Pot Egg Bites – Red Pepper
For making Instant Pot Egg Bites with Red Pepper, it is the same as making egg bites with bacon.
There are just a few small changes:
- Instead of cooking the bacon with a little olive oil, instead you cook some thinly sliced red pepper and some thinly sliced spring onion.
- Then deglaze the pot before you lower your egg bites into the Instant Pot and remember to dry the red pepper and spring onion to stop it from being greasy.
- It is very easy, and you can mix and match depending on what egg bite flavours you want to make.
- Then once you have made your egg bites you can tuck in or store them in the fridge for later.
If you are still unsure about making Instant Pot Egg Bites Without Cottage Cheese, just think of it like making an omelette and then adding it your favourite omelette flavours.
Instant Pot Egg Bites Without Cottage Cheese
Egg Bites – Plain
- 4 Large Eggs
- 250 g Ricotta Cheese
- 100 g Gouda Grated
- 2 Tsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
Egg Bites – Red Pepper
- ¼ Red Pepper
- 20 g Spring Onion
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Place the plain egg bite ingredients into a blender and blend until it resembles a smooth omelette batter.
- Pour the batter into egg bite moulds until they are 75% full.
- Secure the lid on your egg bite mould.
- Add 2 cups of water into the Instant Pot and add the trivet/steamer shelf.
- Place the two lots of egg bite moulds stacked over the trivet.
- Set the time to 5 minutes on pressure cook/manual.
- When it beeps naturally release pressure for 5 minutes.
- Remove the egg bite moulds after the additional 5 minutes natural pressure, take the lids off and place them in the freezer for 5 minutes.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: