Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast. Succulent chicken breasts shredded in the Instant Pot pressure cooker to perfection. If you love your chicken moist then Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast is a dream come true.
We are such big fans here at recipethis.com of shredded chicken, that we are running a series of it via our different kitchen gadgets.
Last time we blogged we showed you how to make air fryer shredded chicken with a delicious honey marinade. Today it is the turn of Instant Pot shredded chicken.
This is probably going to be your favourite out of them all. This is because thanks to the magic of the Instant Pot, it can be cooked quicker and there is less work involved when shredding it.
I always suggest that when you cook chicken breast in the Instant Pot, with the plan of turning it into shredded chicken, that the magic power must be in the flavour of the stock that you could with it.
This is because without a good stock, your Instant Pot Shredded Chicken can end up rather dull in taste. I notice that this happens a lot, because when people cook their Instant Pot chicken breast that they use just water for the pressure and not flavour it.
Plus, what you have to remember about the Instant Pot, is that because it’s a pressure cooker, you need to over season it as otherwise it loses its taste.
With our version for Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast we will be showing you our favourite marinade and then it will be flavoursome when cooked and you can then use it in a whole variety of dishes.
Though my all time favourite use for it has to be inside Dominic’s freshly cooked tortilla wraps with some mayonnaise. Now that is foodie heaven. Or you can use the shredded chicken in soups, salads, stews or even over baked potatoes.
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
#1 Add The Stock
Flavour the bottom of your Instant Pot Inner Pot with your chicken stock. We used our favourite chicken OXO cubes as you crumble them into a jug of boiling hot water and are so simple. Then pour it into your inner pot.
#2 Season The Chicken
It’s very important that you season the chicken otherwise it will come out flavourless. I always season my chicken with salt, pepper and rosemary.
#3 Pressure Cook The Chicken
Cook the chicken for 18 minutes on the poultry setting. Use quick pressure release to quickly remove the chicken from the Instant Pot.
This is important as otherwise the chicken will be overcooked. Don’t do natural pressure release as it won’t be as moist and will be dry.
#4 Shred & Serve
Then shred the chicken. You can do this a number of ways, but I prefer to pull it apart with my hands once it has cooled down a little.
Dominic’s favourite way for doing this is to use tongs to shred it or two forks.
I have also cooked shredded chicken in the Air Fryer, Crockpot & the Instant Pot and I must admit it has always tasted the best and being the most moist when following this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe.
More Chicken Recipes In The Instant Pot
- How To Cook A Whole Chicken In Your Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Super Simple Chicken Broth
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Instant Pot Sweet Chilli Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken
- Instant Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta Broth
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Mix your chicken stock and place it in the bottom of the Instant Pot inner pot. Add the steamer shelf (trivet) and place your chicken breasts over it. Season them well with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot pressure cooker, set the valve to sealing and cook for 18 minutes on the poultry setting.
- When it beeps use quick pressure release (QPR) to manually release pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot, allow to sit for 5 minutes to cool down. Then using a knife and fork (or your hands) quickly shred the chicken.