Instant Pot Frozen Smokies. How to cook your favourite Instant Pot bbq smokies from frozen in a fraction of the usual cooking time.
Forget making lil smokies in the slow cooker and letting them cook all day, instead discover how you can dump your favourite cocktail sausages into the instant pot and have them done in JUST 1 minute!
Table of Contents
Instant Pot Frozen Smokies
If you asked me what I enjoy the most about running a food blog and I will tell you without hesitation that it is the friendships around the world that I have had the pleasure of making.
I have inspiring 80 year old ladies in Australia that are using the instant pot for the first time, 25 year old single mums from England that are struggling to make ends meet, as well as many middle aged readers that are using the instant pot for weight loss.
They all have a universal love for the Instant Pot and other kitchen gadgets. Some eat healthy, some eat processed foods, some don’t have a diet, but it doesn’t matter what they eat, just that we have these great gadgets that we can share new recipes with and build lifetime friendships at the same time.
One of the true friends I have made is a great guy from Michigan in the United States. We are Facebook Friends and have chatted and shared a lot of private messages too.
He is in his late 70’s and provides me with a lot of info about American cooking. Perfect for me improving my knowledge of American food and to better serve my American audience.
He and his wife have an air fryer oven as well as other kitchen gadgets. Not quite talked him into an instant pot pressure cooker yet, but he has been the inspiration behind several new additions to our air fryer recipes range.
American football often enters the conversation because he likes it and its not on my radar here in Europe and I love his stories about the amazing game day food that people eat.
What we were talking about at length last year, it was lil smokies and how you can cook them in the slow cooker.
Well after we spoke, I thought what about instant pot frozen smokies? That you could grab a pack of frozen cocktail sausages direct from the freezer, dump them in the instant pot with barbecue sauce and how much quicker they would be to cook.
Well that is exactly what I did and I am pleased to say these instant pot frozen smokies are the DEAL and are PERFECT for game day or any other time when you want to indulge in a round of lil smokies in the instant pot.
Why Make Instant Pot Frozen Smokies?
Because they are FAST, SIMPLE, TASTY & ONLY 3 ingredients.
If you are planning some buffet food or getting ready for game day or just want a new instant pot appetizer to try out, then it doesn’t get any better than instant pot frozen smokies.
It’s the best dump and start instant pot recipe I have found for being totally lazy.
Forget waiting for the slow cooker for little smokies, the instant pot is the modern quick alternative.
What Ingredients & Gadgets Go Into Instant Pot Frozen Smokies?
There are 3 main ingredients that go into instant pot frozen smokies:
- Cocktail Sausages
- BBQ Sauce
That is literally it! Plus, many people don’t list water as an ingredient and just include it in the recipe method, so technically we are just talking 2 SIMPLE ingredients!
You load the 3 ingredients into the instant pot and give it a quick stir and best of all you can choose whatever your favourite barbecue sauce may be.
We used a reggae BBQ sauce that we had spare in our pantry. But you could use any sauce you like. I also love to use a shop bought barbecue sauce, but you could make your own.
Jorge who is 3yrs old (at the time of writing this) is a HUGE bbq sauce fan and if he had his way, it would always be Bullseye BBQ Sauce.
Just NOTE that your barbecue sauce needs to be nice and thick so that it cooks correctly in the instant pot.
For Instant Pots, any size will do. Though we are not making a massive meal, so if you have a smaller instant pot then go with that one. Though in this recipe we tested it with both our Instant Pot Duo 6qt and our Mealthy Multipot 6qt.
How To Make Instant Pot Frozen Smokies?
Making instant pot frozen smokies is EASY and it is a case of a quick load up of the ingredients into the instant pot and that is it!
- Place a cup of water into the bottom of your instant pot.
- Add in your barbecue sauce of choice.
- Load in your frozen cocktail sausages.
- Mix and place the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to sealing.
- Manually release pressure once cooked and eat!
More Instant Pot Frozen Recipes
Here at Recipe This we love to cook frozen food in the instant pot as it makes mealtimes even easier. Here are a few personal pics of our favourite instant pot frozen recipes:
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken & Potatoes – A great way to clear out your old potatoes and load it up with frozen chicken. A great hearty stew and perfect for money saving.
- How To Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts In The Instant Pot – A great guide for cooking frozen chicken breasts in the instant pot and turning them into delicious shredded chicken.
- How To Cook Frozen Meat In The Instant Pot – A thorough guide showing you the cooking times and cooking tips for various meat cooked from frozen via the instant pot. Also includes a free printable.
- Instant Pot Frozen Broccoli – I always buy frozen broccoli because living in a hot country fresh broccoli doesn’t last long. Plus broccoli that is cooked from frozen cooks much faster.
Instant Pot Frozen Smokies
Instant Pot Frozen Smokies Recipe Ingredients:
- 420 g Frozen Cocktail Sausages
- 250 ml BBQ Sauce
- Place your frozen cocktail sausages into the instant pot along with your barbecue sauce and 250ml of water. Mix and place the lid on the instant pot.
- Set the valve to sealing and cook for 1 minute.
- When it beeps manually release pressure.
- Stir and serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: