This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes. You will love our pressure cooker baked potato guide showing you how to cook baked potatoes in the pressure cooker with crispy skin. We will also share how we make a fun Instant Pot Baked Potato Bar with the kids.
Our Instant Pot Baked Potatoes is an update based on the original instant pot baked potato recipe that we featured in November 2017, just after getting our first ever Instant Pot. It started a craze with more and more people cooking our Instant Pot Baked Potatoes and now we have started a trend with our Instant Pot Baked Potato Bar, we hope you enjoy this updated version.
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Welcome to my Instant Pot Baked Potatoes. An Instant Pot baked potato is incredibly quick and easy to make and perfect for a comforting meal for you and your family in the Instant Pot.
OMG give me Instant Pot baked potatoes. One of my true best friends and something that I love to cook for myself and my family.
It is one of those things that time speeds up in the Instant Pot compared to the old bake it in the oven way of cooking.
The way I have always seen baked potatoes, is as something that I always forget to get in the oven on time. Then I decide to cook them, and Dominic is complaining at me that his lunch is 2 hours late.
I know BAD WIFE/BAD MOTHER.
Plus, don’t get me started about how long it takes me to make my baked potatoes into loaded potato skins. We should not go there….
So, I stopped cooking baked potatoes, just because I forgot, and I was slow. Instead it was something that I ate when we went out for lunch instead.
I would have my baked potato loaded with butter, cheese and sometimes coleslaw too and it was so, so delicious.
Then I got an Instant Pot and my world changed forever. All of a sudden I was having the most amazing Instant Pot Baked Potatoes.
Instead of taking over an hour in the oven (and that was a small one) I could suddenly make these HUGE Instant Pot baked potatoes in the Instant Pot in less than half the time.
You can then load them with whatever your favourite baked potato toppings are and hey presto you have dinner on the table.
Our favourite toppings for our baked potatoes are:
- Tuna & Sweetcorn
Though today, we are making our Instant Pot Baked Potatoes a bit more interesting as we are showing you how to make an Instant Pot Baked Potato Bar and are so excited to share this with you.
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes Vs Instant Pot Jacket Potatoes
Us Brits call them Instant Pot Jacket Potatoes meaning that the potatoes are in their jackets and the jacket is the skin.
Compare to the Americans that have a simple explanation which is a Instant Pot Baked Potatoes because they are simply thrown in the oven and baked.
Instant Pot Baked Potato Cook Time
There are 3 different types of ways to cook Instant Pot Baked Potatoes. Both cook for exactly the same time and it just depends whether or not you would rather cook it all in one go or leave it to do some natural pressure release.
- Instant Pot Baked Potato Version 1 – This involves cooking it for 10 minutes on high pressure on the manual setting. Then you allow it to naturally release pressure for 20 minutes.
- Instant Pot Baked Potato Version 2 – This is where you cook it for 30 quick minutes on manual, then you quickly release pressure. No letting it rest, just cook it and get it out of there just like you would with an oven.
- Instant Pot Baked Potato Version 3 – Us Brits often do it by cooking it for 20 minutes on the manual setting and then 10 minutes of natural pressure release.
As you can see the result still comes back to different ways of cooking it for 30 minutes in the Instant Pot.
All of them do a fine job in producing delicious Instant Pot Baked Potatoes it just depends on how you prefer them.
The version of Instant Pot Baked Potatoes that we are following today, is version 2.
It is the simplest version you will see on the internet and easy to remember in your head for next time you make Instant Pot Baked Potatoes.
Instant Pot Baked Potato With Crispy Skin
Do you want a delicious Instant Pot baked potato with crispy skin? Well if that is YOU let me introduce you to the Instant Pot Accessory of your dreams…..that would be the Mealthy Crisplid.
It is 100% PERFECT for creating an Instant Pot Baked Potato WITH Crispy Skin!
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes Questions
Before I share with you our Instant Pot Baked Potatoes recipe here are a few of your Instant Pot Baked Potato questions answered.
- Are Instant Pot Baked Potatoes Good?Yes Instant Pot Baked Potatoes are AMAZING. Not only can you cook Instant Pot baked potatoes much faster than regular potatoes, but they are steamed making them retain the wonderful flavour.
- Baked Potato Instant Pot Or Air Fryer? In my opinion you can mix and match the two kitchen gadgets. You can steam your baked potato in the instant pot and then crisp it with the Mealthy Crisplid!
- Baked Potato Instant Pot Or Microwave? I was never a fan of baked potatoes in the microwave. They often lost their flavour and was soggy. Compare this to steaming your baked potato in the Instant Pot and I am in love.
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes For Two? You can feed as many or as few people as you want with this instant pot baked potatoes recipe. We usually cook instant pot baked potatoes for two.
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes Quick Release? Quick release is needed if you are following our option 2. Which is when you cook your Instant Pot Baked Potatoes for JUST 30 minutes and then release pressure.
- Instant Pot Baked Potato Large? I usually cook either medium or large baked potatoes in the Instant Pot. Just note this recipe today for Instant Pot Baked Potatoes is using large potatoes. You will need to reduce the time if using medium.
If you have a beginner question for making baked potatoes in the Instant Pot, or other pressure cooker, please comment below and we will do our best to answer your question as soon as possible.
Instant Pot Baked Potato Instructions
To cook Instant Pot Baked Potatoes is EASY. You only need potatoes, salt and water and then while your baked potatoes are cooking, you can decide on what fillings you want in your potatoes.
- Add a cup of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot inner pot.
- Add your trivet and place as many potatoes on top that you plan on cooking.
- Season your potatoes with salt.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 30 minutes.
- Manually release pressure, remove the water from the Instant Pot and place the Mealthy Crisplid on top of your Instant Pot. Set the temperature to the maximum level and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- That is it!
Instant Pot Baked Potato Bar
Now onto the best bit of my Instant Pot Baked Potatoes and that is making a yummy mini baked potato bar with your Instant Pot.
This is one of those dream meals. A mini baked potato bar is a fun way to enjoy baked potatoes with your family and a great way for when your kids have friends coming for dinner after school.
When I was at school my mum would buy in some pizza bases and lots of toppings and me and my friends would decorate our pizzas. It was fun and it was more original than just being served chicken nuggets.
But an Instant Pot mini baked potato bar can be as healthy or unhealthy as you like.
We will often make an Instant Pot Egg Loaf first, then use it to make egg mayonnaise and have this as one of our mini bar potato toppings.
Then we will have some pasta in tomato sauce, or maybe some chicken mixed with sweetcorn.
It is also about personal choice.
For my kids, I used their mickey mouse dish to make them a mini baked potato bar.
It had coleslaw in one of mickeys ears and egg mayonnaise in the other ear.
We purposely went with HUGE baked potatoes so there would be enough for us too.
On another occasion we used one of our favourite baking dishes (this is the one) and we layered it like a cobb salad, and it was a chance to have a fridge clear out.
Our Mini Potato Bar Included:
- Egg Mayonnaise
- Tomato Pasta
- Cheese Pasta
Though the point of a mini potato bar, is to mix and match from what food you like as toppings for your Instant Pot Baked Potato. I am just giving you some suggestions and to make dinner time more fun.
In our main Instant Pot Baked Potato Bar this is how our dinner table looked:
It included the four things we mentioned above as well as butter, grated cheese and the yummy baked potatoes.
Then the leftovers that you have not used, can be made into a potato salad for the next day.
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Instant Pot Baked Potato Ingredients:
- 4 Large Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Place a cup of water into your Instant Pot inner pot and add your steamer insert.
- Chop your potatoes down the middle so that they have the chance to breathe, but without them breaking in half.
- Season your potatoes with salt.
- Place the potatoes into the steamer insert and place the lid on your Instant Pot.
- Set the valve to sealing and cook for 30 minutes.
- Manually release pressure remove the water and swap the Instant Pot lid for the Crisplid.
- Set the Crisplid to 5 minutes at the maximum temperature and allow to crisp up.
- Serve with your mini baked potato bar.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: