Make your favourite banoffee pie in the instant pot pressure cooker with the easiest ever banoffee pie recipe with condensed milk and squirty cream.
This banoffee pie recipe is incredibly simple to make and ideal for a quick dessert on a Sunday and would even look good at a dinner party.
This amazing banoffee pie recipe is an updated post and was originally shared with you back in 2017.
When I think of my favourite British desserts, I often thinking about our air fryer sponge cake, making a trifle or using the instant pot to create a delicious, steamed pudding.
But what is often overlooked is the British classic of Banoffee Pie.
A favourite from my childhood and thanks to the instant pot, even easier to make than a trifle or a cake.
I like to think of it as just banoffee pie, but I know we all have different names for it around the world such as a banoffee cheesecake, banoffee pudding and so many others.
If you have recently purchased an instant pot (this is the one we recommend) then it’s the fantastic next step after the instant pot water test and instant pot caramel. It’s the easiest ever dessert you will ever make and if you love bananas, then it will become a firm favourite.
Are You New To The Instant Pot?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular instant pot mini course which teaches you the instant pot basics in 5 days, we also have our instant pot bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy instant pot recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
What Is Banoffee Pie?
Banoffee pie is a delicious dessert with a biscuit base (like the bottom of a cheesecake) and then caramel usually from condensed milk is mixed with sliced bananas.
The caramel bananas are loaded over the cheesecake crust and then cream is added on top.
It gets the name banoffee from the two words banana and toffee.
Yet, its traditionally a caramel sauce from sweetened condensed milk that is used.
Banoffee pie is also something with several names. It is also known as banoffee pudding, banoffee pie cake, banoffee pie cheesecake, banoffee cream pie, banoffee cake and many just refer to it as banoffee.
I think banoffee cheesecake sums it up perfectly. Because it has the same bottom as a classic English cheesecake. Usually made of digestive biscuits (UK alternative to graham crackers) and butter.
Can You Use Condensed Milk For Banoffee Pie?
Yes, sure can and I recommend making banoffee pie with condensed milk. You see you mix in a bowl sliced bananas with a couple of cans of condensed milk.
This then creates that yummy creamy texture to your banoffee cheesecake.
How To Boil Condensed Milk For Banoffee Pie?
In the instant pot of course!
You simply load cans of sweetened condensed milk into the instant pot without its packaging, then cover with water and the instant pot boils them and pressure cooks.
The benefit of the instant pot is it does it 10 times faster than the stovetop making this this the quickest ever banoffee pie.
Mary Berry Banoffee Pie
If you are a fan of Mary Berry, note that this classic British version using the instant pot is going to be similar as us Brits all do it in a similar way.
Its on my bucket list to watch Mary Berry make a banoffee pie, because I have never watched her on TV because when she did her shows we didn’t live in England. Though I have flicked through a few of her cookbooks and thought I should buy these!
Would you like easy & amazing instant pot recipes from instant pot experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST instant pot beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful instant pot resources.
Banoffee Pie Ingredients
Bananas – You will need 2 medium/large bananas that you can slice up and add to the caramel. You can also use extra bananas and add an extra layer of bananas on top.
Caramel – Its all about the caramel for the banoffee pie. You will need 2 cans of sweetened condensed caramel. Make sure you choose sweet otherwise it wont transform into caramel for you.
Biscuits – After the bananas and the condensed milk its all about the banoffee pie biscuit base. I recommend digestive biscuits, but you can use any plain biscuits that crumble well for a cheesecake style base.
Butter – You will also need melted butter to mix with the crumbled biscuits to make your base. Any will do and you can also swap for margarine if you prefer.
Cream – Then for cream you could use whipped cream, double cream, or even make your banoffee pie healthier with Greek yoghurt. I much prefer to make my quick banoffee pie even quicker by using squirty cream.
Flavours – Then for extra deliciousness I love to add a little vanilla essence and some lemon juice, but this is optional.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this instant pot banoffee pie recipe it has just been our Instant Pot. We have this one and its my favourite and great for desserts and so ridiculously fast for turning condensed milk into caramel.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our instant pot recipes category as we have many electric pressure cooker recipes and have been using instant pots for 5 years.
How To Make Banoffee Pie?
- Load. Peel the packaging off your condensed milk cans and load into the instant pot inner pot. Cover with enough water from the hot tap to fully cover the cans. Place the lid on the instant pot, and pressure cook for 40 minutes.
- Prep. Bash your digestive biscuits with a rolling pin until crushed (or use a food processor) and then mix with melted butter. Add to the bottom of a spring form pan.
- Cool. Because you are boiling your condensed caramel, they are very hot to touch. So, after a quick pressure release transfer to cool water and allow to cool until they are cool enough that you can handle them.
- Filling. Load the caramel into a big mixing bowl and add in sliced bananas, lemon, and vanilla essence. Mix with a fork or spoon and then load onto the biscuit base. Use the back of a spoon or a knife to flatten down for a level banoffee.
- Extras. Cover with squirty cream and then drizzle with a little of the leftover caramel or some caramel sauce before serving.
And I am sure you can see now how simple banoffee pie is to make, especially if you use the instant pot to cook the caramel, whilst you make the biscuit base.
How To Make Banoffee Pie Base?
The thing about the banoffee pie crust, is that you can use any cheesecake base. Swap the digestive biscuits for graham crackers or for maria biscuits or even for leftover hobnobs that you forgot about.
Then bash your biscuits (or you might call them cookies) with a rolling pin and then mix in melted butter and push down into your spring form pan like this.
Then you are just waiting for the condensed milk in the instant pot and can put your feet up!
Easy Banoffee Pie Tips & Tricks
- Add a little vanilla and lemon juice to the caramel and it will make it easier to mix and make it taste even better.
- If you love a lot of bananas, you can also add a layer of bananas on top and it will make your banoffee pie look even prettier.
- If you are unsure about making caramel in the instant pot, refer to our instant pot caramel post. Though don’t pour the sweetened milk into a container to pressure cook as that defeats the purpose of doing it.
- The easiest way to crush your biscuits is to load them into a Ziploc bag and then bash with a rolling pin.
- I recommend using a spring form pan as its easier to slice and remove once made.
Interesting Instant Pot Trick – Use hot water from the tap when filling up the instant pot. If you don’t it will take forever to warm up all that water and take it to pressure.
More Easy Instant Pot Desserts
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Box Chocolate Cake
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding
Your homemade banoffee pie instant pot recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free instant pot ebooks and useful instant pot cook time charts and so much more.
Instant Pot Banoffee Pie
- Peel the packaging from your condensed milk and place into the instant pot pressure cooker. Pour over enough hot water (from the hot tap) until your caramel cans are fully covered. Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook for 40 minutes followed by a quick pressure release.
- Whilst the instant pot is working its magic crush your biscuits with a rolling pin and then add in melted butter. Load into the bottom of your spring form pan whilst you wait for your caramel to cool.
- Drain the water from the instant pot and replace with cold water and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing, opening, and stirring.
- Pour your caramel into a mixing bowl, add in sliced bananas, vanilla essence, and lemon juice. Stir.
- Cover your biscuit base with your caramel and banana mixture and press down with a spoon or a fork to make level.
- Cover the top with squirty cream and a little leftover caramel drizzle before serving.