This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Delicious Greek style lemon and garlic air fryer chicken and potatoes. You will love this whole chicken and potatoes combo that shouts out Mediterranean food heaven.
This is a really easy air fryer recipe that is easy to rinse and repeat with different flavours and perfect for an easy air fryer chicken dinner.
Table of Contents
Roast Chicken And Potatoes
If there is one food combo that you can make so many different combinations of, it is chicken and potatoes.
I am sure you are thinking in your head of all your favourite chicken and potato recipes. It might be KFC and enjoying their fried chicken along with potato wedges, or that amazing roast chicken dinner you had with an air fryer whole chicken and some air fryer roast potatoes.
For me, my first thought was our favourite little café in Portugal that we loved that did the most amazing lemon and garlicky chicken with some sauteed potatoes. It was truly delicious and the inspiration behind this Greek roast chicken and potatoes recipe.
Using your favourite Mediterranean flavours such as garlic, lemon, oregano and balsamic vinegar along with a whole chicken and some potatoes cut into wedges.
Simply delicious and perfect for those of you with an air fryer that would love to learn a simple method for combining chicken with potatoes.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can I Cook Chicken & Potatoes Together In Air Fryer?
Yes, you can combine chicken and potatoes in the air fryer and make an amazing meal.
Our favourite is chicken, potatoes and all the trimmings in our air fryer chicken dinner recipe.
Or you can do just air fryer whole chicken and potatoes or try out some air fryer chicken breast with potatoes.
The possibilities are endless.
Can I Put Raw Chicken In My Air Fryer?
Yes, you can put raw chicken in your air fryer. Chicken in the air fryer is delicious and is super simple and similar to when you grill chicken in a George Foreman Grill or similar. It’s just faster!
Is It Safe To Cook Chicken & Potatoes Together?
Yes, it is perfectly safe to cook chicken and potatoes together. Both the chicken and potatoes will hit the high temperatures needed and you then have both chicken and potatoes on the dinner plate together.
The only thing to remember, is that depending on the chicken and potatoes combo one might be ready before the other, so plan your time and temps around this.
Can You Cook Chicken & Chips In An Air Fryer At The Same Time?
Yes, you can cook chicken and chips at the same time, but I rarely do. This is because I am often serving chicken with some cubed potatoes, or with wedges and forget about how delicious chicken and chips together are.
What Goes Good With Greek Chicken?
Whenever I have been out in a restaurant and had Greek chicken, it has always been served with either salad or with rice.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Chicken And Potatoes Air Fryer Ingredients
Chicken – We used one medium whole chicken in this chicken with potatoes recipe. I find that a larger chicken just wont fit to the size of the air fryer especially when doing potatoes at the same time.
Potatoes – We used 4 medium white potatoes. You can also use baby potatoes if you prefer, I just go with what I have and what is in season.
Oil – Then we also used some extra virgin olive oil to help with the crispy skin on the chicken, to make the potatoes crispy and to stop the chicken from going dry. We also used some balsamic vinegar too as it really adds to the Mediterranean flavour and reduces your oil.
Flavouring – For that typical Greek chicken and potatoes flavour we added lemon, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper.
Can You Recommend An Air Fryer?
I often get asked which air fryers I recommend and which one I use. In 95% of our air fryer recipes, we use either the Philips Air Fryer XL or the Cosori XL because they are the best ones, we have found out of many air fryers we have tried over the years. You can click on the links above and read up on them.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested everyday air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10+ years.
How To Air Fry Chicken & Potatoes?
- Prep. Start by doing your chicken prep. Place half a lemon and 4 garlic cloves into the cavity of the chicken and then use string to tie up the chicken legs.
- Cook. Now we need to give the whole chicken a heads start on the potatoes so place the whole chicken into the air fryer basket breast side down and rub oil onto the skin and season with salt, pepper, and oregano and then air fry for 20 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Prep. Then whilst the chicken is cooking, prep the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into wedges and then add to a bowl with everything else, including extra salt and pepper and the remaining oil. Mix well with your hands and wait for the beep of the air fryer.
- Beeps. When the air fryer beeps turn the chicken over and re-add the oil and seasonings to the breast side. Then in the gaps around the chicken add the potatoes and also the lemon wedges. Then air fry roast chicken and potatoes for a final 28 minutes at the same time or until the chicken is fully cooked and the potatoes are crispy.
- Serve. Then serve the chicken with the potatoes and the lemon wedges.
You have now made a delicious potato and chicken dinner!
How Long For Air Fryer Whole Chicken & Potatoes?
This chicken and potato air fryer recipe took us JUST 48 minutes to cook. Remember there is no par boil on these potatoes and this is much quicker compared to how long it would take you to make a roast chicken and potatoes in the oven and of course, there is no preheat.
Ninja Foodi Chicken & Potatoes
Got a Ninja Foodi? No problem you can still make this Ninja Foodi chicken and potatoes recipe.
Simply use the air fryer lid and place the chicken and potatoes into the air fryer basket, and it will cook in the same way.
Or here are even more chicken and potato recipes using the Ninja Foodi:
- Ninja Foodi Frozen Chicken Breast
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Breast
- Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes
- Ninja Foodi Baked Potatoes
- Ninja Foodi Homemade French Fries
- Ninja Foodi Frozen French Fries
More Air Fryer Chicken Or Potato Recipes You Will Love!
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Frozen Roast Potatoes
- Air Fryer Frozen Chips
- Air Fryer Homemade Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast
This air fryer potatoes and chicken recipe is an updated post and was last updated on Recipe This in 2018.
Your chicken and potatoes in air fryer recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Greek Chicken And Potatoes
- Philips Air Fryer
- String for the chicken legs
- Chop a lemon in half and place half the lemon in the chicken cavity along with the unpeeled garlic cloves. Tie up the chicken legs with string.
- Then place the chicken breast side down into the air fryer. Rub all visible skin with about ½ tbsp of olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and half the oregano. Air fry the whole chicken for 20 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Whilst the whole chicken is cooking chop the potatoes into wedges and also the remaining lemon into wedges too. Place the potato wedges into a bowl with 1tbsp of olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, the parsley, and some salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until well coated.
- When the air fryer beeps, turn the chicken over so that it is breast side up and then add the remaining oil over the breast and any other visible skin and then season with remaining oregano and salt and pepper. Place the potato wedges and lemon wedges down the sides of the chicken and then air fry for a further 28 minutes at the same temperature or until the chicken and potatoes are perfectly cooked.
- Then plate up and serve the roast chicken with the potatoes and the lemon wedges.