Lemon Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes In The Air Fryer
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Lemon Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes In The Air Fryer. Enjoy delicious roast chicken with a lemon and rosemary rub, alongside the BEST EVER rosemary roast potatoes.
All cooked at once in the air fryer. Don’t worry about heating up ovens, this is your ultimate dump and go lemon rosemary chicken.
I don’t know when my love affair started with rosemary, it was just a herb that I have always LOVED.
It is an essential dried herb that I have to have in my kitchen cupboard and I go crazy when I have run out and don’t have any left to use.
I love it best on chicken and potatoes. It brings them alive and just by adding a little rosemary to a meal, it adds so much flavour and when people try your recipes (when you use rosemary) they will think you have made more of an effort than you actually did!
My husband Dominic is allergic to a lot of British style dried herbs. Including sage and tarragon.
This means that when I am seasoning my chicken, I am a little lost over what to add. But he is fine with rosemary and it means that it has very much become our go to chicken herb.
In this lemon rosemary chicken in the air fryer, I wanted to show just how easy it is to make chicken and potatoes at the same time in the air fryer.
But best of all with the least amount of oil possible.
I didn’t want my lemon rosemary chicken to feel too dry because too little (or no oil) was used and instead strike that amazing balance.
So, we started off with no oil on the potatoes and no oil on the lemon rosemary chicken and gradually increased it.
Below in our lemon rosemary chicken recipe is what we feel gives you the best of both worlds.
After all, when you go out and buy an air fryer, you’re looking for a reduction in oil just without a lack of flavour.
Imagine when you used to cook chicken in the oven and how much butter or oils you used to make it with.
There would be a LOT and it was always “the diet starts again tomorrow” but when you make a lemon rosemary chicken in the air fryer, then you don’t need to.
Lemon Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- Whole Chicken
- 2 Large Potatoes
- 1 Small Lemon
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper
- Remove the giblets from inside of the whole chicken.
- Slice the lemon into 3 pieces. 1 Small bit from the end and 2 medium sized halves.
- Place the 2 medium halves inside of the chicken.
- Breast side up cover the chicken in a teaspoon of olive oil. Season it with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Turn it over and place it breast side down in the air fryer.
- Once it is breast side down season it exactly the same way on all remaining skin.
- Cook for 25 minutes at 180c/360f.
- While it is cooking prep the potatoes. Peel and dice into medium roast potato shapes. On the same chopping board season, it with salt, pepper, olive oil and rosemary. Squeeze the tiny little bit of leftover lemon over it and mix the potatoes so that every potato is well seasoned.
- When it beeps turn it over and in all visible spaces add the roast potatoes. Cook for a further 25 minutes at the same temperature.
- 10. Serve.
Where To Source Your Whole Chicken To Make Lemon Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes in The Air Fryer:
Lemon Rosemary Chicken
One of our favourite Sunday lunches is roast chicken. It has been the favoured roast of choice for Brits for hundreds and hundreds of years.
Therefore, for April we are giving you lots of new ideas to celebrate the roasted chicken.
We pay on average 1,75€ for our chickens and this makes it very affordable for feeding a family of 5 on a Sunday for $5 or less.
If you are looking for more inspiration here is some other recipes on RecipeThis.com featuring whole chickens:
I’m at a bit of a loss. What constitutes “British-Style Dried Herbs? How do they differ from what we have in The USA?