Delicious Ninja Foodi Chicken Breast, that will become your go to Ninja chicken breast recipe. The chicken is pressure cooked then air fried and is coated in the best crumb coating ever!
If you are looking for an easy way to cook ninja foodi chicken breast then it doesn’t get any better than this!
Table of Contents
Chicken Breast In Ninja Foodi
My big obsession with the Ninja Foodi is that you can enjoy the best of both worlds. You can combine the uses of a pressure cooker, with the uses of an air fryer, a slow cooker, dehydrator, and many others too.
What I really love to do, is use two functions in one recipe. Such as a slow cooker recipe, then using the air fryer lid for a crispy topping. Or in the case of chicken breast in Ninja Foodi, to be able to pressure cook chicken breast and then air fry chicken breast.
You then have the best chicken breast you have ever tried and its so easy and simply like dump and start style cooking.
Plus, you can recreate this method with many chicken and pork recipes for an easy mid-week dinner in the Ninja Foodi.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Cook Chicken Breasts In Ninja Foodi?
Yes, you can cook chicken breasts in the ninja foodi and you will love them. You can opt for just using the ninja foodi as an air fryer, just use the pressure cooker function, or how we are showing you today, the best of both!
Best Chicken Breast Ninja Foodi
From years of experience with air fryers and pressure cookers, I have found the best way to cook chicken breast in the ninja foodi is using fresh chicken breast.
That is because you have so much more scope in how you can cook your chicken breast. You see if you cook ninja foodi frozen chicken breast you need liquid otherwise the chicken will be very dry.
You would need to add tinned tomatoes, salsa, soup, or stock and then pressure cook.
But when you cook with fresh chicken breast you have more options.
You can pressure cook, you can air fry, you can sauté the chicken breast first and best of all, season it however you like.
What About Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Chicken Breast?
Whilst we love to use both the pressure cooker and the air fryer, you can just cook chicken breasts in the ninja foodi using the air fryer setting.
Simply follow our air fryer recipe for air fryer chicken breast, then use the air fryer basket and air fryer setting, and you have delicious chicken breasts.
Ninja Foodi Boneless Chicken Breast
Here in the UK, its most common to have a ninja foodi boneless chicken breast. We buy our chicken breasts boneless in big packs and this is what I am showing you how to do here.
However, if your ninja chicken breasts are bone in, then we recommend increasing the air fryer time by 4 minutes and then doing a thermometer reading at the thickest part, as bone in chicken breasts do take a little longer.
Would you like easy & amazing Ninja Foodi recipes from air fryer and pressure cooker experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST Ninja Foodi beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful Ninja Foodi resources.
Ninja Foodi Chicken Breast Ingredients
The ingredients for making boneless skinless chicken breast in the Ninja Foodi are everyday ingredients that most of us already have in.
Chicken Breasts – Any chicken breasts will work well in this recipe and you can do small, medium, or large.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – I use this all the time and rarely use any other oils. If you prefer though you could use avocado oil or rapeseed oil.
Seasonings – You can use our seasoning suggestions or make your own, or for a quick fix just use Italian seasoning or mixed herbs. I usually make my own mixed herbs by putting together a mix of my favourite seasonings and then it is ready for quickly flavouring my chicken in.
Chicken Stock – I always have some leftover stock in my fridge ready for the pressure cooker. Though what you can do is water down some chicken soup and use this as a stock or the same method but with leftover vegetable soup.
White Wine – It’s amazing how flavoursome chicken is in the Ninja Foodi when you replace half your stock with white wine. Though if you are a wine free household you can double the stock instead.
Can You Recommend A Ninja Foodi?
I often get asked which kitchen gadgets I recommend and which one I use. For the Ninja Foodi we have this one. It doesn’t have as many bells and whistles compared to some of the newer models, but it does a great job.
We can dehydrate, air fry, pressure cook, sauté, slow cook, make yoghurt and so much more.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our ninja foodi recipes category as we have been using the Ninja Foodi since 2020 and just love it for simplicity, how delicious the recipes are when cooked in it and how much time it saves us in the kitchen. We even take the Ninja Foodi on holiday with us.
How To Cook Chicken Breast In Ninja Foodi?
- Prepare. Mix the seasonings and the garlic puree in shallow bowl ready for pressure cooking. Then toss the chicken breasts in the seasoning until the chicken breasts are well coated. If your chicken breasts are overly large, you might need to adjust and mix some extra seasoning.
- Sauté. Next place the ninja foodi on sauté and wait for it to warm up. Add some olive oil, then add the chicken breasts and give them a good coating. This will help crisp up your coating and seal the chicken. Then remove the chicken breast and transfer to your ninja foodi basket. Deglaze the ninja with wine and then chicken stock to stop it sticking.
- Pressure Cook. Next place the air fryer basket into the ninja cooking pot and pressure cook chicken breast for 5 minutes followed by 5 minutes of natural pressure release.
- Air Fry. Next its time to release the remaining pressure and remove the liquid from the bottom of your cooking pot. Then for the final step air fry for 5 minutes at 180c/360f.
You now have ninja foodi chicken breasts ready for serving for dinner.
How Long To Cook Chicken Breast In Ninja Foodi?
The Ninja Foodi chicken breast cooking time is JUST 12 minutes of cook time and includes my 5-5-5 method that I have created for producing the best Ninja Foodi chicken.
How this works is that we do:
Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker Chicken Breast first. We cook the chicken breast for 5 minutes using the pressure cooker button and then we allow for 5 minutes of natural pressure release before releasing pressure.
Ninja Foodi air fryer chicken breast last. We then remove the liquid and then put it on air fry. We do this for 5 minutes to give the chicken breast a crispy seasoned coating. Then whilst the air fryer lid is doing its magic we can prepare the salad.
The 5-5-5 method then represents:
- 5 minutes pressure cook
- 5 minutes natural pressure release
- 5 minutes air fry
That is a total of 10 minutes actual cook time and the other 2 minutes is when we sauté the chicken breast first, before pressure cooking.
However, if you follow WW or SW and want to go oil free you can skip this step and go straight to pressure cooking.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Peri Peri Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Instant Pot Chicken Stock
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Plus, remember you can use the pressure cook button for instant pot recipes, air fryer button for air fryer recipes, and slow cook for slow cooker recipes, making the ninja foodi the best all in one cooking machine.
Listen To Ninja Foodi Chicken Breasts
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
Ninja Foodi Recipes To Try Next
- Ninja Foodi Steak
- Ninja Foodi Pulled Pork
- Ninja Foodi Salmon
- Ninja Foodi Baked Potato
- Ninja Foodi Roast Potatoes
- Ninja Foodi Frozen French Fries
- Ninja Foodi Brussel Sprouts
- Check out all our Ninja foodi recipes!
This ninja chicken breast recipe is an updated post and was originally shared with you back in early 2021.
Your recipe for chicken breast ninja foodi is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free ebooks and useful cook time charts and so much more.
Ninja Foodi Chicken Breast
Ninja Foodi Chicken Breast Ingredients:
- Load your seasonings and the garlic puree intoa mixing bowl and mix well. The garlic helps make the seasonings a little wetand they will stick to the ninja chicken breasts better.
- Toss your chicken breasts in the seasonings making sure they are well coated.
- Place the Ninja Foodi on sauté and add the extra virgin olive oil and give it a couple of minutes to get hot. When it is hot add in your herb crusted chicken breasts and sauté on both sides for a couple of minutes.
- Cancel sauté, remove the chicken breasts, and deglaze the pressure cooker pot with white wine and chicken stock.
- Add the air fryer basket into the Ninja and add the chicken breasts to it. Then place the pressure cooker lid on the Ninja Foodi and pressure cook for 5 minutes followed by 5 minutes of natural pressure release.
- Release pressure, remove the liquid from the bottom of the pressure cooker and air fry for 5 minutes on 180c/360f.