Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes. How to make mashed potatoes in the Ninja Foodi. This easy mashed potato recipe requires no draining, produces fluffy lump free mashed potatoes, and best of all they taste delicious.
Mashed Potatoes In Ninja Foodi
My son calls it ma ma mash. Well, he did when he was four and he is now 19, and I always jokingly ask him if he wants some ma ma mash.
Mashed potatoes join lasagne as his favourite foods of all time.
He could eat mashed potatoes every day given the opportunity and just makes me promise that I never make them like his grandma made them.
She once made the error of making him smash and he was heartbroken that his favourite food was replaced with something out of a box.
He was 11 at the time, but he hasn’t forgotten.
After promising Kyle that no box of mash would ever be used, something I have never ever done, I pointed out that mashed potatoes in the Ninja Foodi are so SIMPLE that you don’t need to use a box version.
In fact, even if you are a stovetop person when it comes to mashed potatoes, this recipe will be a serious life changer.
Can You Cook Mashed Potatoes In The Ninja Foodi?
Yes, you can. Mashed potatoes in the Ninja Foodi are truly amazing!
Ninja Foodi mashed potatoes ticks so many boxes:
- Less washing up – You are cooking the mashed potatoes in the same ninja pot that you are mixing them in.
- No draining – We use just enough liquid to take the Ninja pressure cooker to pressure. This means that you don’t need to drain after cooking.
- Easy to make – Forget the box when you can dump it in the Ninja and then quickly mash it when your Ninja Foodi beeps.
- Stack – You can add a trivet and then cook something else above the mash at the same time. Such as meatloaf, chicken breasts etc.
How Do You Cook Mashed Potatoes In A Pressure Cooker?
The method for cooking mashed potatoes in a pressure cooker is very simple and it’s the same regardless of using the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot, Pressure King Pro, or whichever brand you own.
Potatoes are loaded into the cooking pot and then seasoned and have liquid added.
They then pressure cooked and you then mash them like you would with stovetop boiled potatoes.
How To Make Mashed Potatoes In The Ninja Foodi?
If you want to cook mashed potatoes in the Ninja Foodi this is how you do it:
- Place cubed potatoes into the cooking pot.
- Add liquid.
- Add seasonings.
- Pressure Cook.
- Mash and serve.
How Long To Cook Potatoes In Ninja Foodi?
For Ninja Foodi mashed potatoes I love to pressure cook for 15 minutes. This is because I am pressure cooking 2 kilos (4.4 pounds) of potatoes and there is a lot in the pot.
Plus, I want the potatoes to be super soft so that when I transform them into mashed potatoes that it is not an effort.
Can You Mash Potatoes In A Ninja Blender?
If you want to save time, you can also load your mashed potatoes into the Ninja Blender and let the blender do the mashing.
Or you can cook your potatoes in your Ninja Blender if you prefer. But the problem I have with that, is that I can’t cook 2 kilos of mashed potatoes at once!
Ninja Foodi Potato Recipes
Mashed potatoes are not the first potato recipe we have made in the Ninja Foodi and I doubt it will be our last.
Here are a few other of our Ninja Foodi potato recipes to try next:
Ninja Foodi Mashed Potatoes
Ninja Foodi Mashed Potato Ingredients:
- 2 Kg White Potatoes
- 75 g Cheddar Cheese
- 150 g Soft Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 600 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tbsp Potato Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- Peel and dice your potatoes into cubes.
- Load the potatoes into the Ninja Foodi cooking pot along with 600ml/2.5 cups of vegetable stock. Season with salt, pepper, and potato seasoning. Place the lid on your Ninja pressure cooker, set the valve to sealing and cook for 15 minutes on pressure cook.
- Do a quick pressure release and remove the lid. Add in extra seasoning, cheeses, and butter.
- Using a masher, mash until smooth and then serve.
Love mashed potatoes and was really nervous to try them in my new Ninja Foodi but your instructions and advice were invaluble thank you so much.
Mash loaded with butter and cheese does not get better than that, i am a cheese lover and this was a great base for me to use.
Is there a way to easily convert this to US measurements? I didn’t see an option to do that.
If you press jump to recipe at the top of the post under all ingredients just before the instructions you will see metric and imperial. You can press and change between each measurement ????