This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Pot Roast. How to cook a pot roast in the air fryer. Load the air fryer with a beef roast, carrots, and potatoes for a delicious one pot easy air fryer meal.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Pot Roast
I love to cook roast dinners in the air fryer. While many will cook the roast in the air fryer and use other gadgets for the potatoes and vegetables, I love to load up the air fryer and cook it all together.
It’s a lazy way to cook dinner and is as effortless as cooking your meals in the slow cooker or the instant pot. Do your prep and then come back when the air fryer beeps.
I love the way the juices from meat drips onto the roast potatoes or how the carrots taste like they have been roasted in fat when thanks to the air fryer they have not.
There are many combinations of roast dinners you can cook in the air fryer. To me it now feels alien the thought of cooking roast chicken (or other roast dinners) in the oven.
If you have not tried any of our air fryer roast dinners before then below are my favourites:
- Air Fryer Roast Beef
- Air Fryer Roast Duck
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken Dinner
- Air Fryer Pork Roast
- Air Fryer Leg Of Lamb
But my new favourite is air fryer pot roast. And today I am going to share with you how easy an air fryer pot roast is and why you will love it too.
Can You Make A Pot Roast In An Air Fryer?
Yes you can, but don’t expect it to be like a slow cooker pot roast or an instant pot pot roast.
You see the air fryer is not meant for tenderising meat like a slow cooker does, instead it roasts your food.
I have found the best way to achieve a tender air fryer pot roast is to use a top round roast in air fryer.
Or as us Brits call it beef topside. It gives you a much better pot roast and the meat is amazing.
You can of course cook a chuck roast in the air fryer, but it will just not be as nice, and you will be wondering if your chuck roast would have been better in the slow cooker.
Air Fryer Top Round Roast
I got my air fryer top round roast from the butchers at my local supermarket. I recommend that you go with a top round roast that you know will fit in your air fryer.
If you have a smaller air fryer then go a little smaller, or if you plan to use an air fryer oven, you know that you can go much bigger.
You also want to consider not just that the top round roast just fits in the air fryer, but that it will also have enough space for potatoes and carrots.
Boneless Chuck Roast In Air Fryer
Alternatively, if you are going with a boneless chuck roast in the air fryer, go with a leaner cut.
Avoid a boneless chuck roast that is very fatty as it will often become chewy once you have finished air frying it.
Air Fryer Pot Roast & Potatoes
You can cook an air fryer pot roast and potatoes at the same time. The secret is to make sure you understand your pot roast and potatoes cook times.
I always focus on bigger sized potatoes that way the potatoes won’t be overcooked if it is cooked at the same time and for the same cook time as pot roast.
Or you can go with smaller potatoes and add them after the pot roast meat has already started cooking.
Air Fryer Pot Roast With Vegetables
I think of an air fryer pot roast and I am thinking about roast beef, potatoes, and carrots. Carrots is the better choice because not only are they traditional, but they also carry a longer cook time.
You can of course swap carrots for any root vegetable. Parsnips are also delicious when they are air fried and so is rutabaga.
How To Cook A Pot Roast In An Air Fryer?
Cooking an air fryer pot roast is EASY.
- Toss your beef in seasonings and load into the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 15 minutes on its own.
- Prep your potatoes and carrots.
- Toss in seasonings and load into the air fryer.
- Cook for a further 45 minutes.
- Allow to stand for a couple of minutes before serving.
Listen To Air Fryer Pot Roast
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
Pre-Order The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook Now!
- USA/Canada: Amazon USA – Barnes & Noble – Indigo – Book Shop – Books A Million
- Australia: Booktopia – Mighty Ape
- UK/Rest Of The World: Amazon UK – Waterstones –– Book Depository
How Long To Air Fry Pot Roast?
The air fryer pot roast cook time varies depending on how you like your pot roast. We went with a medium to well done and it took 60 minutes.
If you would like more of a medium, then I recommend reducing the cook time to 45 minutes.
Air Fryer Pot Roast
- Slightly score your beef roast. Toss the beef in soy sauce and half the Worcester sauce. Season with salt and pepper, making sure the seasoning gets into the scored sections. Load into the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes at 180c/360f.
- While cooking peel and dice your carrots and roast potatoes. Load into a bowl and toss in the rest of the Worcester sauce, maple syrup, olive oil and a little more salt and pepper.
- When the air fryer beeps add the carrots and potatoes into the gaps.
- Cook for a further 45 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes then slice and serve.