It wasn’t until I watched a television show with Jamie Oliver that I changed my opinion on how I eat chicken nuggets. Before then I would eat them all the time and quite often when I shouldn’t.
I would buy the supermarket own brand ones and stick them in the Air Fryer and because I wasn’t deep frying them I felt they were healthy. I would also buy them from fast food places and it felt like the perfect small side dish and I really didn’t see them as anything but a bit of chicken to go with a meal.
After all chicken is healthy right?
After watching this Jamie Oliver show I soon realised how bad they were. He showed how they were made for these schools and for these ready meals and in a nutshell it was the bad part of the chicken that was left in the machine that was disgusting and that you wouldn’t even feed to your dog.
Yet we had all been eating them for years and after watching that I never bought a supermarket chicken nugget again! But I still loved chicken nuggets so I put together a new recipe to make them in the Air Fryer and since then have not looked back.
This is that recipe so enjoy!
- 2 Slices Wholemeal Bread (made into breadcrumbs)
- 250g Chicken Breast (chopped into pieces)
- 1Tsp Garlic Puree
- 1Tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 Medium Eggs (beaten)
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1Tsp Paprika
- 1Tsp Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the paprika, salt and pepper. Then add the olive oil so that you have a nice batter.
- Puree the chicken breast in a food processor and add the parsley, garlic, one beaten egg and ketchup.
- Place the second beaten egg in a bowl ready for batter coating.
- Make the chicken mixture into chicken nugget shapes and then cover in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Cook for 10 minutes on 200c.
We have put together 26 favourite recipes for you to enjoy with your trusted air fryer. They include potatoes, chips, meatloaf, meatballs and a range of other delights.
We are huge fans of Air Fryer cooking and use it to shave thousands off our monthly calories and even if you’re not in it for weight loss it is great for healthy eating. Kiss goodbye to the microwave and the fat fryer and say hello to the modern cooking world!
It is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.