This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
How To Cook Frozen Food In The Air Fryer. Did you ever wonder the times? how easy it is? or if it is possible to cook all your favourite frozen food in the air fryer? Well it is, and this is my guide for learning how to cook frozen food in the Air Fryer.
I am going to show you today how to cook frozen food in the air fryer. Learn the best frozen foods for the air fryer, the air fryer frozen food cook times, temperatures and much more.
But I have something even better than our air fryer frozen food for you to check out first.
It is our Learn Your Air Fryer online course and our free air fryer mini course. They are ideal for air fryer beginners. The free course runs for 5 days and is in the format of an email miniseries. While the learn your air fryer course runs every week with a new PDF and ecookbook for a whole year.
Or browse our site as we have 400+ air fryer recipes that are easy to recreate at home and we have been showing people how to use the air fryer since 2011.
Table of Contents
How To Cook Frozen Food In The Air Fryer?
OMG how did that happen? Back in the spring of 2018, I decided to grab some frozen food and run an experiment of how to cook frozen food in the air fryer.
Which frozen food would be good in the air fryer, what tasted horrible and if I would recommend it to my readers?
Since then, air fryer blog after air fryer blog has copied our ideas, when its clear they don’t understand the air fryer, on their attempt to make a quick buck off the Recipe This brand.
Though, on the plus side of this, it has turned air fryer frozen food into a trend for easy air fryer cooking.
Well I decided to come back and revisit this blog post and update it with what I think about air fryer frozen food today.
Back then in the summer of 2018, I had only cooked about 20 different air fryer frozen foods, and now I have done hundreds. So, let’s take a trip down air fryer frozen food memory lane to where it all began.
Can You Put Frozen Food In An Air Fryer?
Yes you can. Every frozen food that we have tried to cook in the air fryer has been a success. We love cooking frozen food in the air fryer and the results are amazing.
Think deep fried favourites but with the calories of baking them in the oven. Forget those boring soggy egg rolls, or the time your burrito turned to mush.
Pre-Order The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook Now!
- USA/Canada: Amazon USA – Amazon Canada
- UK/Rest Of The World: Amazon UK – Amazon AU
- Cookbook Details: More Order Options + Cookbook Info
Frozen Food In Air Fryer
What we did was head out shopping and grab a selection of frozen food that our readers had personally asked us about. The frozen foods that they wanted the air fryer cook times the most.
The frozen food in air fryer we tried included:
- Air Fryer Frozen Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Dippers
- Air Fryer Frozen Sausage Rolls
- Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Though of course, this was our first time buying ingredients to test frozen food on Recipe This. So now we have all these frozen foods as separate recipes on Recipe This and you can click any of the links above to go to the recipe.
One by one, we loaded each of these frozen foods into the air fryer and tested the cooking time and temperature.
There was not a bad one either, all these air fryer frozen foods we tried were delicious. And of course, it started an obsession with us Milner’s teaching you to cook frozen food in the air fryer.
Top 10 Best Frozen Foods For Air Fryer
Like I have mentioned above, we have cooked many frozen foods in the air fryer. I am sure you are wondering out of these 100+ foods what our favourites are and what are the best frozen foods that you should air fry.
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries – If you love fries then you must cook frozen fries in the air fryer. They come out crispy, perfectly cooked and are ideal for reheating the leftovers later.
- Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers – I found these once in Lidl and they were amazing. Sadly, I have not seen them since. But OMG I want to eat them forever and ever.
- Air Fryer Frozen Calamari Rings – I currently live in Portugal and OMG calamari is everywhere. Cooked in the air fryer, they are a fantastic lower calorie version.
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Kiev – I grew up on the chicken kiev and love that breaded chicken with the amazing garlic butter filling. Its so crispy in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Frozen Steak – See it doesn’t have to be the frozen junk food does it? A delicious sirloin steak cooks beautifully from frozen in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Frozen Meatballs – Another delicious treat that cooks perfectly from frozen. Throw into the air fryer your favourite frozen meatballs and then wait for the air fryer beep when they are done.
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings – On today’s list of the first frozen foods that I air fried and so many choices. You can use a healthy or an unhealthy marinade and have them as crispy as you like.
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Strips – The first thing we ever cooked in the air fryer and perfect for a quick air fryer snack. Just choose your dipping sauce.
- Air Fryer Frozen Burritos – The beauty of air fryer frozen burritos is that you can choose your filling and meal prep them and freeze them for a quick breakfast.
- Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables – Don’t underestimate how good frozen vegetables are cooked in the air fryer. We prefer broccoli or stir fry vegetables, but most will work.
How To Cook Frozen Food In Air Fryer
If you are wondering how to cook frozen food in air fryer, then it goes like this:
- Grab a bag of frozen food and remove the packaging and any excess crumbs.
- Load into the air fryer basket and don’t overcrowd.
- Air fry and enjoy.
You may want to spray with extra virgin olive oil if it is pastry or you want a crisp on it. Such as our air fryer frozen egg rolls, air fryer frozen chicken nuggets or our air fryer frozen potato wedges.
But apart from the spray, frozen air fryer food is that simple.
Air Fryer Frozen Food Resources
If you would like to cook frozen food in the air fryer, I have a few extra resources that will be perfect for you.
Air Fryer Frozen Cook Times – A printable air fryer cheat sheet just focused on air fryer frozen food. Print it out at home and place it on the inside of your kitchen cupboard, or on your fridge for easy reference.
Air Fryer Frozen Food Cookbook – We also have our air fryer frozen food cookbook that shares all our popular air fryer frozen recipes. You can download it in PDF and use it for a quick reference during mealtimes.
Plus, don’t forget to check out the links throughout this air fryer frozen foods blog post and best of luck with your air fryer.
How To Cook Frozen Food In The Air Fryer?
- Place your frozen food into the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 6-12 minutes on a medium heat of 180c/360f. Serve Warm