Air Fryer Frozen Steak
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Frozen Steak. How to cook the perfect sirloin steak from frozen in your air fryer. This frozen steak in the air fryer is tender, juicy, and perfectly cooked. Ideal for when you have not had the chance to thaw your steak in advance.
Air Fryer Frozen Steak
We have many, many amazing loyal readers at RecipeThis.com and I love it when our readers have a recipe suggestion that they would like us to try next.
One morning when I was scrolling through my emails, I got a request for air fryer frozen steak.
My first thought was that frozen steak in the air fryer would be awful. The steak would be chewy, it wouldn’t have been tenderised prior to being cooked and it might end up overcooked.
I bought some sirloin steak and loaded it into the freezer, thinking I will air fry it when I get a minute.
I also didn’t want to tell Dominic just yet. After all, he loves his steak and I know that he wouldn’t have liked the idea of frozen steak.
Well on a hot summer’s day we finally got around to experimenting with air fryer frozen sirloin steak and this is the result!
Can Frozen Steak Go In Air Fryer?
Absolutely. It was something that I was not too keen on. But when I tried it, I fell in love with frozen steak cooked in the air fryer.
You can remove frozen steak from its packaging, load into the air fryer basket and cook your steak from frozen.
Air Fryer Frozen Steak Ingredients
The ingredients for air fryer frozen steak, are simple everyday ingredients that you can source, without having to go grocery shopping.
- Frozen Sirloin Steak – My first choice would be sirloin steak. I love sirloin steak above most cuts of steak and its more forgiving for the way it cooks. A cheaper cut of beef might not create such a tender steak and would require tenderising prior to cooking. Though you are welcome to try flank steak, skirt steak, ribeye steak or round steak.
- Garlic Puree – The lazy way to cook with garlic and perfect for a last-minute dinner. You can of course swap this for fresh garlic that you have pureed.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – I love using extra virgin olive oil when making garlic butter. It is much better and easier for spreading on your cooked steak.
- Butter – You can use butter or margarine with your garlic butter. I use a small amount of salted butter. But go with whatever you prefer.
I also recommend either fresh or dried parsley for the final touch in your garlic butter, as well as salt and pepper for adding flavour to your steak.
Any air fryer will do a good job at air fryer frozen steak, though we are using our Philips Air Fryer XL.
Pre-Order The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook Now!
- USA/Canada: Amazon USA
- UK/Rest Of The World: Amazon UK
- Cookbook Details: More Order Options + Cookbook Info
Cooking Frozen Steak In Air Fryer
The quick version of cooking frozen steak in air fryer goes as follows:
- Place frozen steak in the air fryer and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 7 minutes and turn.
- Cook for a further 13 minutes and serve.
There is a little more to it than that, but those are the simple basics!
How Long To Air Fry Frozen Steak?
Because you are cooking steak from frozen the cook time is a little more than you would expect of air fryer steak.
We cook steak for 7 minutes on one side, before turning and cooking for a further 13 minutes, giving it a total air fryer frozen steak cook time of 20 minutes.
Though, remember this is for a medium steak and you may want to alter it for well done, or rare.
Frozen Steak In Air Fryer Temperature?
The recommended temperature for frozen steak in the air fryer is starting on 160c/320f and finishing on 180c/360f.
It ensures that the steak is fully defrosted and cooked. Without being raw in the middle and cooked on the outside.
Air Fryer Frozen Steak.
Air Fryer Frozen Steak Ingredients:
- 2 Sirloin Steaks
- 1 Tsp Garlic Puree
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Tsp Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Remove your frozen steak from the packaging and load into the air fryer basket ready for cooking.
- Season your steak well with salt and pepper.
- Start cooking your steak with a temperature of 160c/320f for 7 minutes. Turn using tongs. Cook for a further 6 minutes at the same temperature.
- If you want to add shrimp add them now. Increase the temperature to 180c/360f and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- While the steak cooks make your garlic butter. Add garlic butter ingredients into a small bowl and mix with a fork.
- Open your air fryer basket and add garlic butter and cook for the last 2 minutes at 180c/360f. Then serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Facebook Group | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more:
This was delicious and so easy! I’ve always been hesitant about cooking steak from frozen but this came out perfect! It had a nice crust, tender inside, lots of juice and I seared the edges, too. It really was great. My son loved it and so did I! I’ve tried a few of your recipes and they have been fantastic. You’re my go-to when I need a great air fryer recipe. Thank you, Samantha!
I loved this frozen steak and so many of your recipes! You’re awesome Samantha!
I was supposed to grill steaks on a gas grill this Sunday… but now i am going to follow our air fryer steak recipe. It worked perfect for me and my partner yesterday and can’t wait to do it in a bigger batch next time. Thanks!
This is so delicious!!!!! Absolutely love it..
A question about air frying a frozen steak. How thick was the steak?
The steak we used was about 1 inch thickness at its thickest point 🙂
Life changing. Keep your food frozen and use this recipe. Best steak I’ve ever cooked.
That was perfect for my husband. How much longer for a well done steak?
I would do between 25-30 minutes for a well done steak 🙂
Cosori air fryer /toaster oven took 22 minutes at 380. Came out rare and cold in center. Used 1” thick top round London broil. In this air fryer 26 minutes probably would have nailed it. Gave slices about 20 seconds in microwave and it was great.
just found your website and, funny enough, I’m from Portugal. great find.
Hope you enjoy our website 🙂