This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Frozen Baked Potato. How to air fry your favourite frozen baked potatoes or frozen twice baked potatoes.
OMG Frozen baked potatoes are so easy to cook and taste amazing. Just throw them in the air fryer and let the air fryer do the hard work and cook them for you from frozen.
You can use your favourite meal prep baked potatoes that you put in the freezer previously or use a pack of Mccain Frozen Baked Potatoes like we did.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Frozen Baked Potato
Not many people know this, BUT when I was in my teens and just before I met Dominic, I worked at a potato factory that made frozen baked potatoes.
It was a small factory on an industrial estate in Yorkshire and it made frozen twice baked potatoes and regular frozen baked potatoes.
You could walk the entire factory in less than 5 minutes and its biggest contract was with McCain and their frozen baked potatoes.
I quit after a month as it just wasn’t for me.
There was nothing wrong with the staff and they were all very friendly and the supervisor was someone I went to school with.
BUT the big problem was they kept running out of gloves and my hands could never handle the starch that came off the potatoes. I looked like I had the worst case of eczema that you had ever seen.
It was not good when you were scraping the potato from its skin by hand when making twice baked potatoes!
But while I was there, I had a wonderful time and OMG I got free baked potatoes every day and they were delicious.
That was back in the summer of 1999 and I have no idea if the factory is still there as I moved out of the area with Dominic many years ago now.
But if like me and starch disagrees with you, then making frozen baked potatoes in the air fryer is a fantastic plan B.
Air Fryer Frozen Twice Baked Potatoes Vs Frozen Baked Potatoes
I am sure you will be wondering what is the difference between cooking twice baked potatoes in the air fryer and frozen baked potatoes?
Well absolutely nothing!
Both air fryer frozen twice baked potatoes and air fryer frozen baked potatoes cook for the same amount of time.
If you have some delicious frozen twice baked potatoes to cook in the air fryer, then you can follow our recipe here today for frozen baked potatoes.
Why Cook Frozen Baked Potatoes In An Air Fryer?
Frozen baked potatoes are AMAZING. This is because they are already cooked, and you are simply reheating your baked potato in the air fryer from frozen.
This means that you already have the perfectly crisp skin and you don’t need to add olive oil and can just remove them from the packaging and COOK!
All you have to worry about, is what toppings you plan to have with your frozen baked potatoes.
What Ingredients & Gadgets Go Into Air Fryer Frozen Baked Potatoes?
There is not much to cooking air fryer baked potatoes. They are very easy to cook from frozen in the air fryer and are easier than fresh baked potatoes.
I recommend the Philips Air Fryer XL as it is perfect size for cooking 4 frozen baked potatoes together at once without them being overcrowded.
As well as this we used a pack of 4 McCain baked potatoes. Removed from the packaging and placed directly in, they could start the cooking process while we decided what baked potato toppings we wanted to eat.
For your air fryer baked potato toppings here are some of our favourites:
- Grated cheese
- Baked Beans
Though can I confess, that I had all 3 of those in our frozen baked potatoes, when we tested them for the air fryer.
They were delicious though and reminded me of when you buy baked potatoes at the market, or order a baked potato at the pub.
My husband Dominic (who has worked in pubs) did point out to me that baked potatoes are always cooked in the pubs from frozen and just reheated. So, no wonder they taste so similar!
Pre-Order The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook Now!
- USA/Canada: Amazon USA – Amazon Canada
- UK/Rest Of The World: Amazon UK – Amazon AU
- Cookbook Details: More Order Options + Cookbook Info
How Do You Reheat Baked Potatoes In An Air Fryer?
To reheat baked potatoes in the air fryer is so EASY. If they are already frozen like our baked potatoes, then simply follow the recipe below.
But if your baked potatoes are ones you cooked previously and are thawed and sat in your fridge then you need to adjust the cook time.
Depending on the size of your baked potatoes I would recommend starting at 5 minutes at 160c/320f and then checking them. If they are not fully heated through, then add another 3 minutes.
How To Air Fry Frozen Baked Potatoes?
Cooking frozen baked potatoes in the air fryer is so simple:
- Load the air fryer – Add up to 4 frozen baked potatoes to the air fryer at once. More than 4 will not fit properly and they will not cook properly.
- Cook on a medium heat – Cook your frozen baked potatoes on a medium heat and then they will be fully defrosted and cooked in the middle and retain the crispy skin. Because the potatoes are half cooked already, they won’t need to be made crispy later.
- Add baked potato toppings – Once your baked potatoes are cooking you can get out and prep your toppings. I like to add butter with either cheese or coleslaw, as well as some baked beans. But you might have some fridge leftovers that need using up that would be ideal for them.
Listen To Frozen Baked Potatoes in The Air Fryer
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
More Air Fryer Frozen Potatoes
Here at Recipe This we love sharing with our readers lots of frozen food that they can cook from frozen in their air fryer. What we find is the most convenient to our readers is frozen potatoes as they make a fantastic side for dinner.
Here are a few of our air fryer frozen potato favourites for you to try next:
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Roast Potatoes
- Air Fryer Frozen Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Frozen Potato Waffles
Air Fryer Frozen Baked Potato
Air Fryer Frozen Baked Potato Ingredients:
- 4 McCain Frozen Baked Potatoes
- Remove your frozen baked potatoes from their packaging and place 4 of them into your air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 160c/320f and the time to 27 minutes.
- While your baked potatoes are cooking prep your toppings.
- Serve your baked potatoes with your favourite baked potato toppings.