How to cook frozen sausages in the air fryer. Grab some frozen sausages from the freezer and load them into the air fryer without needing to thaw first.
You can then serve these air fryer sausages for dinner or use them for a sausage butty.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Frozen Sausages
Do you ever have those moments, when you don’t have meat out of the freezer for dinner, or you just want something quick?
Well, let me introduce you to air fryer frozen sausages. Where you can throw a pack of frozen sausages that are frozen solid, into the air fryer basket and just a few minutes later have perfectly cooked air fryer sausages.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can Sausages Be Cooked From Frozen?
Yes, sausages can be cooked from frozen, and it only carries a food hygiene risk, if you cook sausages from frozen in the slow cooker.
However, you can cook frozen sausages in the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot, Air Fryer or the microwave.
Can You Cook Frozen Sausages In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen sausages in the air fryer, and it doesn’t matter if they are all stuck together, which ours was.
We have done sausages several times from frozen and have air fried them to separate them first and then finished off defrosting and then cooking.
Frozen Sausages In Ninja Air Fryer
Also, if you have a Ninja Air Fryer, then air frying frozen sausages is also easy. Simply place the sausages in the basket and follow the instructions in this recipe. You can also use the air fryer for chips and make air fryer sausages and chips.
Frozen Sausages Size
When you air fry frozen sausages, there is one big thing to bear in mind. That is you need to know that the sausages we have cooked from frozen in the air fryer are thick cut raw pork sausages from the butchers.
If your sausages are already cooked or are very thin sausages, then your time and temp will be different to ours, so do adjust accordingly.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Frozen Sausages Air Fryer Ingredients
Sausages – You just need one pack of frozen sausages. They can be pre-packed i.e. when you bought them from the supermarket. Or like us when we have bought them in bulk from the butchers and we have frozen them in freezer bags.
Can You Recommend An Air Fryer?
I often get asked which air fryers I recommend and which one I use. In 95% of our air fryer recipes, we use either the Philips Air Fryer XL or the Cosori XL because they are the best ones, we have found out of many air fryers we have tried over the years. You can click on the links above and read up on them.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested everyday air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10+ years.
How To Cook Frozen Sausages In An Air Fryer?
- Remove. Carefully remove the frozen sausages from the packaging and place into the air fryer basket. It doesn’t matter if the sausages are stuck together.
- Defrost. Then air fry frozen sausages for 8 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Separate. Then separate with your hands, they will be warm now but not piping hot. Use scissors if the sausage links are linked together. Then spread out the sausages in the air fryer basket.
- Cook. Next cook the sausages for 10 minutes at 180c/360f before serving.
Or if you just want to use the air fryer to defrost frozen sausages then you can simply do the initial 8 minutes followed by 3 more minutes to fully thaw.
How Long To Cook Frozen Sausages In Air Fryer?
Frozen sausages in air fryer time is JUST 18 minutes. This includes defrosting frozen sausages that are stuck together and also fully cooking the sausages too.
Also for the temperature it is recommended to be 160c Celsius for defrosting and 180c Celsius for cooking the sausages.
Listen To Frozen Sausages in Air Fryer
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
More Sausage Recipes You Will Love!
- Air Fryer Sausage
- Air Fryer Sausage & Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen Battered Sausage
- Air Fryer Frozen Sausage Rolls
- Air Fryer Sausage Rolls
- Instant Pot Sausage Casserole
- Slow Cooker Curried Sausages
- Slow Cooker Sausage Hotpot
- Slow Cooker Sausages & Gravy
Your frozen sausage in air fryer is an updated post and was originally shared on Recipe This in 2019.
Your air fryer frozen sausage recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Frozen Sausages In Air Fryer
- 8 Frozen Sausages
- Remove the frozen sausages from the packaging and place the lump of frozen sausages that are stuck together into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 8 minutes at 160c/320f as this will help separate them.
- Then use your hands to separate the sausages. They will be on their way to being defrosted now.
- Then after spreading out the sausages air fry for a further 10 minutes at 180c/360f.
- After the 10 minutes is up check to see if the sausages are brown enough for you, or if you want to add a little longer before serving.