Welcome to my Birdseye Copycat Fish Fingers In The Airfryer recipe.
If there is something that I have grown up on then it must be fish fingers. I remember being invited to a friends house when I was about 11 and having Birdseye fish fingers with chips and peas. It was delicious and it must be on the list of kids favourite foods.
It was one of those moments when you wish your parents gave you them more often. And I believe we all feel like that when we go to friends houses for dinner as they always cook differently to what we have at home.
But going back even further I remember the first time I had fish fingers. It was on the school dinner’s list at school. I had a friend at primary school that I always sat with for dinner. She had lovely light hair was super skinny and was always ill with something or another. She absolutely hated fish fingers with a passion and used to always give them to me.
No wonder she was much thinner than me!!!!
Then in adulthood the theme has always been the delicious fish finger sandwiches with loads of melted cheese inside some lovely bread and butter. Perfect hangover food or perfect if you just want some food that comforts you.
In the past few years we have always heated up our fish fingers in the Airfryer but never actually made them from scratch. Just like so many other people it is something that you buy and never make.
But when we gave up on processed foods a few years ago we decided to make our own copycat version of Birdseye fish fingers because those are the ones we grew up on and we wanted to introduce our daughter to them.
- 2 Slices Wholemeal Bread (made into breadcrumbs)
- 50g Plain Flour
- 1 Medium Egg (beaten)
- 2 White Fish Fillets (skinned and boned)
- 1 Small Lemon (juice only)
- 1Tsp Parsley
- 1Tsp Thyme
- 1Tsp Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your airfryer to 180c.
- Prepare your breadcrumbs – Place your breadcrumbs in one dish and mix well with some salt, pepper and parsley. Place your beaten egg in another dish and your plain flour in a third.
- Place your fish in a food processor with lemon juice, salt and pepper, thyme and mixed herbs. Once it is all mashed up like uncooked fishcakes you can get start making your fish fingers.
- Bread your fish – roll it in the flour, roll in the egg and finish this with rolling it in the breadcrumbs.
- Place in the airfryer for 8 minutes on 180c.
- Serve with potatoes and mayonnaise or in a sandwich.
We have put together 21 favourite copycat recipes into one amazing cookery ebook. It features all our favourite copycat recipes from your favourite fast food establishments along with a lot of processed food classics. Learn how to make all those unhealthy meals in a much healthier way.
We even have 5 recipes dedicated to KFC and discover how to make their secret seasoning mix yourself. You could now have a KFC at home without worrying about the weight gain or the expense!
This ebook is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.