This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Today is all about taking your favourite barbecue foods and cooking them in the air fryer for the ultimate air fryer barbecue feast.
Including BBQ favourites such as sausages, pork steaks, hamburgers, steak and of course Mediterranean veggies and baby potatoes on the side.
Barbecue In Air Fryer
When you hear the words “barbecue” and “air fryer” you are probably thinking about our air fryer barbecue chicken.
But what I am talking about today is cooking your barbecue in the air fryer, rather than getting out the barbecue.
Perfect for when it rains when you bought your favourite barbecue food and want to use it.
Or maybe you are like me and don’t actually like barbecues. I attended many of them in the 90’s as a kid. But as a grown up it seems a lot of hassle especially when its either too hot or too cold outside.
I would rather take the same foods to the air fryer, have them with even less fat and have the crisp and fast cooking time that the air fryer brings.
Or maybe for you, you want a solution for when the summer is over and you love the barbecue ingredients.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Barbecue In Air Fryer?
Yes, you can create a barbecue in the air fryer. Just imagine all your favourite barbecue foods and then cook them in the air fryer instead.
No waiting for the barbecue to warm up, just throw the ingredients into the air fryer and let the air fryer work its magic.
Can I Use My Air Fryer As A Grill?
Yes, you can use your air fryer as a grill. Just think anything you can grill you can air fry. Just as long as the food will fit into the air fryer and won’t make the air fryer smoke.
Is Air Frying Similar To Grilling?
Yes, it is, though I find with an air fryer it is a quicker cook time and unlike a grill, you can collect the excess fat and make your grilled foods even better in the air fryer.
Can You Put BBQ Sticks In The Air Fryer?
Yes, you can as long as it fits the size of your air fryer. I have done this with many different kebab holders and found that they work very well in the air fryer.
If you are looking for an example of this in action, then do check out our air fryer lamb koftas.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Air Fryer Barbecue Ingredients
Meat Pack – What we did was buy one of the Jubilee meat packs on sale from Morrisons around the time of the Queens Jubilee. We then froze it and saved it in the freezer to make a barbecue with. I recommend you check out your supermarket during the summer for barbecue packs or go to the butchers and ask them to make you one. Ours included sausages, hamburgers, pork steaks and thin beef steaks.
Potatoes – We also bought a pack of baby potatoes that we could toss in extra virgin olive oil and add seasoning to. They are fast to cook and so crispy and make the best side dish ever.
Veggies – Also, from Morrisons, we got a pack of Mediterranean veggies, and the plan was the same as the potatoes. You then are creating a barbecue in the air fryer with meat, potatoes and veggies and it remains much healthier than a classic BBQ.
Seasoning – I also recommend some of your favourite seasonings for the veggies and the potatoes. I am keeping it simple with salt, pepper, parsley, and oregano.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
How To Barbecue In Air Fryer?
- Potatoes. I recommend starting first with your baby potatoes as they have a 17 minute cook time and it frees up your time to then focus on the meat. Load the potatoes into a bowl, season and add oil and then mix with your hands before air frying.
- Burgers. Next in your other air fryer (if you have one) add your sausages and hamburgers and air fry for 10 minutes.
- Steak. Next when the first air fryer beeps replace with pork steaks, final sausages, and some of the beef steak. Air fry for another 10 minutes.
- Veggies. When the second air fryer beeps add the veggies after tossing them in seasoning and oil. Air fry for 12 minutes.
- Final. Then when the air fryer beeps add in the last of the steak and cook for 6 minutes.
You can now plate up your barbecue with your favourite dips and tuck in.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is cooking barbecue food in the air fryer and why you should be doing it too!
The Air Fryer Fat Experiment
We would always eat from a barbecue and then not question the fat content. After all, it can’t be that bad, can it?
Well, what I did was to collect all the fat from the bottom of the air fryer after the meat had cooked and this was the quantity I was left with:
Just think by replacing your barbie with your air fryer this is how much fat you are stopping from going on your dinner plate. Which is a great reminder of how much fat can be reduced with an air fryer.
Don’t Want To Cook A Full Barbecue
You might be looking at this big list of barbecue food and thinking that there is no way you could eat all this!!!
And that is when separate air fryer recipes come together.
You see each of the air fryer recipes we have shown you to pair together in the air fryer, are all available as separate recipes on Recipe This.
Simply, click the links below and be taken to each of the recipes:
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Pork Steak
- Air Fryer Sausages
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Air Fryer Mediterranean Veggies
- How To Cook Steak In Air Fryer (includes our thin steak recipe)
How Long To Cook A Barbecue In Air Fryer?
Now that was a LOT of food all going on at once in two air fryers, with hardly any prep.
But I am sure you want to know what the total cook time is.
The air fryer barbecue cook time is JUST 55 minutes. This is for cooking everything including the baby potatoes and the veggies.
Air Fryer BBQ Tips & Tricks
- Do the steak last, as you don’t want it sat around for long especially if you want it cooked to medium.
- Shop the season. I notice in the UK that barbecue packs are at a special offer price when it’s the school holidays or when we have a heat wave.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer. Its tempting to get the food cooked quicker but it will take longer the fuller the air fryer is.
- If you don’t eat it all, remember that you can reheat your leftovers in the air fryer.
More Barbecue Favourites In The Air Fryer
Your barbecue recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
How To Cook A Barbecue In Air Fryer?
- Place your baby potatoes in a bowl and add half the extra virgin olive oil and half the seasonings. Mix with your hands and then load into the air fryer basket. Air Fry your baby potatoes for 17 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Remove the baby potatoes and replace with 4 burgers and 4 sausages. Air fry for 10 minutes at 180c/360f.
- When the air fryer beeps swap with the last 2 pork sausages, the pork steaks and as many thin steaks that will fit. Air fry for a further 10 minutes at the same temp.
- Whilst the air fryer is cooking the steaks, load into a bowl the veggies and remaining oil and seasonings. Mix well with your hands.
- When the air fryer beeps swap the steak for the veggies and cook for a further 12 minutes at 180c/360f.
- When the air fryer beeps do a final swap for the remaining steaks and cook for 6 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Then plate everything up ready for serving.