This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Easy to prep, easy to cook, air fryer gammon joint dinner. An unsmoked gammon is air fried with roast potatoes and baby carrots for the ultimate quick dinner in the air fryer.
If you love gammon and would love to air fry your gammon, then you will love this all in one simple yet delicious air fryer dinner.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Gammon Joint
One of my favourite air fryer roast dinners is our air fryer roast chicken dinner. The idea behind the recipe is that you can cook a whole roast chicken, and all your favourite sides at the same time.
You can fit in the gaps around the chicken your roast potatoes, your veggies, your stuffing balls, and any other little extras you would like to include.
This was of course long before we had dual air fryers and you wanted to make use of every tiny bit of space that the air fryer basket had to offer.
It was also fantastic because it was like an all in one traybake dinner with minimal washing up and dishes to worry about.
I also did similar with a topside of beef in the air fryer with our air fryer pot roast. But the ultimate question is, could I do the exact same thing for the air fryer with a gammon joint?
Well, I worked on it and worked it and today, I am so pleased to share with you our air fryer gammon joint dinner.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Cook Gammon In Air Fryer?
YES, YES, YES, you can cook gammon in the air fryer, and I have done so many, many times and there are of course a few different ways of doing so.
The first and probably the easiest, is air fryer gammon steaks. You can even cook the gammon steaks at the same time as chips and make gammon and chips.
Then my favourite meat EVER in the air fryer oven is air fryer gammon. The idea here is that in the air fryer oven you put a gammon joint on the rotisserie, and it rotates. I did this with several different meats and the gammon was by far the best.
Then for our last few years living in Portugal before moving back to the UK, we would always choose a gammon joint in the air fryer oven as our main Christmas dinner.
Can You Cook A Gammon Joint In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook a gammon joint in an air fryer. You can do a smaller gammon joint, or you can do a larger one if you are feeding a bigger family.
We have found that placing a gammon joint in the centre of the air fryer basket and then turning it halfway through like we do in our air fryer whole chicken produces the best results.
If you want a honey glazed gammon in the air fryer, then you can cook the gammon seasoned for an even better taste.
Do You Boil Meat Before Air Frying?
No, you don’t need to boil meat before air frying. You simply load your meat into the air fryer and let the air fryer do the magic.
Air frying meat works in the same way, as it does to roast a joint of meat in the oven.
1Kg Gammon Joint In Air Fryer
The gammon joint that I am cooking in the air fryer is almost 1 kilo. You can follow our cook times for anything in the 800-1100 range and the same cook times will apply. Go smaller and you can reduce the cook time and go bigger and you will need a little longer.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Gammon Joint Air Fryer Ingredients
Gammon – We used a 950g gammon joint in the air fryer. We much prefer unsmoked but smoked will be just as delicious. Though remember, as gammon is high salt, you don’t need to add any salt and pepper to it.
Potatoes – For me I love a roast dinner with some roast potatoes. You can go paleo and use sweet potatoes if you prefer.
Veggies – But my favourite bit is being able to fit loads of veggies in the air fryer too with the gammon and potatoes. We used parsnips chopped into fries, chopped up swede and some baby carrots.
Oil – I highly recommend using some extra virgin olive oil and you just need a little to toss your potatoes and veggies in.
Seasonings – Then to finish off the ingredients I recommend some nice seasonings. I used mustard and garlic for the gammon joint and then oregano, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper for the potatoes and veggies.
Optional – You can brush the top of the gammon with honey 10 minutes before it has cooked, but don’t do it before then or it will blacken your gammon.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this gammon joint in air fryer recipe it has just been our Philips Air Fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
Pre-Order The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook Now!
- USA/Canada: Amazon USA – Amazon Canada
- UK/Rest Of The World: Amazon UK – Amazon AU
- Cookbook Details: More Order Options + Cookbook Info
How To Cook Gammon Joint In Air Fryer?
- Score. Start by adding your gammon marinade to a little ramekin and mixing with a fork. Score the top flesh side of the gammon joint with your marinade and then place into the air fryer fat side down. Air fry for 20 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Prep. Whilst the air fryer is working its magic. Peel and dice your veggies. Parsnips cook much quicker in the air fryer if cut into fries rather than big chunks. Then by using baby carrots they are easy prep and are the perfect shape for the air fryer. Once peeled and chopped load into a bowl with the rest of the seasonings and add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Mix well with your hands and then wait for the air fryer to beep.
- Beeps. When the air fryer beeps, fill the gaps with the potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and swede and then air fry for a further 30 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Rest. Remove the gammon and allow it to rest before slicing. Do a fork test to make sure your sides are well cooked otherwise leave them in the air fryer for an extra 5 minutes at the same temp to finish them off.
And I am sure you can see now how easy this gammon in air fryer is and why you should be doing it too!
How Long To Cook Gammon In Air Fryer?
A 1kg gammon cooking time is JUST 50 minutes, which considering you are filling the air fryer to bursting to make a full gammon dinner in one dish is pretty good.
The gammon joint we used which was just short of a kilo says to oven bake it in 90 minutes, so we have essentially made a 40 minute cook time saving.
750g gammon in air fryer would be cooked in 45 minutes instead of 50 and then you are halving the cook time. Plus with a smaller gammon joint, (see the pic below) you get the chance to fit in more sides into the air fryer basket.
What Temp Is Gammon Cooked?
The recommended temp of cooked gammon is above 70c/160f. I recommend using a meat thermometer (like this one we use) and then you can check the internal temperature of your gammon in the air fryer.
Uncooked Gammon Joint In Air Fryer
I get it, that sometimes you just want to do an uncooked gammon joint in air fryer and not a whole roast gammon dinner.
If that is you then you can cook the most delicious honey glazed gammon and it will look like this as you slice into it:
You simply place an uncooked gammon into the air fryer basket and air fry for 30 minutes at 180c/360f.
Then turn over the gammon (easiest way is with a fork) then air fry for another 50 minutes on the other side.
Meanwhile, in a bowl add 1tbsp honey, ½ tbsp grainy mustard, 1tsp garlic puree, 1tsp mixed herbs and mix with a spoon.
When the air fryer beeps transfer the gammon to a layer of foil in the air fryer and spoon on the honey and mustard mixture.
Air fry for a further 5 minutes at the same temperature, allow to rest for 5 minutes and then its ready to slice.
Though of course, this is based on a 1.4kg gammon joint so a smaller one will be quicker.
Leftover Gammon Sandwiches
We all love gammon sandwiches, and you can also make these in the air fryer.
We also love to either use some cheap bread buns or air fry part baked bread in the air fryer to have it with.
If you are making air fryer sandwiches, then three minutes at 160c/320f is perfect for warming through your gammon.
Listen To Air Fryer Gammon Dinner
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
More Gammon Recipes
- Instant Pot Gammon & Pineapple
- Slow Cooker Gammon In Water
- Slow Cooker Gammon In Cider
- Slow Cooker Gammon In Coke
- Slow Cooker Gammon In Fanta
- Slow Cooker Pulled Gammon
- Slow Cooker Gammon Steaks
Your gammon air fryer recipe in air fryer recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Gammon Joint Dinner
- Load into a little ramekin (or similar) your mustard, half the olive oil, and the garlic and mix with a spoon. Score the flesh side of the gammon joint and then brush the marinade over the gammon making sure it gets into the gaps.
- Load the gammon into the air fryer fat side down and air fry for 20 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Whilst the air fryer is on, peel and dice your potatoes into roasties, peel and slice your parsnips into fries, peel and dice your swede, and clean your baby carrots. Load into a bowl together with the rest of the olive oil and the seasonings and mix well with your hands.
- When the air fryer beeps, turn the gammon over and then feed all the potatoes and veggies into the gaps around the gammon.
- Air fry for a further 30 minutes at the same temperature.
- When the air fryer beeps, remove the gammon, and let it rest for a couple of minutes. Then slice the gammon and serve with your sides.