Air Fryer Babybel Cheesy Bites
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Do you love a babybel? Do you love melted cheese? Then you will love air fryer babybel cheesy bites.
Babybel cheese is wrapped in homemade pastry and air fried for the ultimate air fryer savoury appetiser. It also makes a brilliant use of your leftover pastry.
Air Fryer Babybel
Babybel was my favourite cheese from childhood and was like this delicious little piece of cheese that you could have as a snack when you were hungry.
That childhood obsession has passed onto my own kids and they love their babybel.
So, when I mentioned to them that we were recording videos for our You Tube channel and that we were going to be cooking babybel in the air fryer in pastry they were so excited to try some.
I brought plenty of them home with me and they said it was the nicest cheese treat ever.
So here we are a few weeks later, and instead of the video they are by my side, rolling out the pastry and making their own air fryer babybel bites.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Air Fry Babybel?
Yes, you can air fry babybel. Babybel is amazing in the air fryer, and we use it a lot and always have a good supply of babybel in for air frying.
Though of course, you might need to use a cocktail stick to secure it or add it to foil to avoid a messy air fryer, depending on how you plan to air fry your babybel.
What To Do With Babybel Cheese?
The best way to cook babybel in the air fryer is to make some cheesy bombs like we are doing. Where a babybel is wrapped is pastry, so that you can’t see the cheese anymore so it can’t escape and then you cook it in the air fryer.
Though, what Dom does, is when he is making air fryer hamburgers, he will add a babybel on top and hold it in place with a cocktail stick and then you have a lovely layer of melted cheese over your burger.
Or another babybel air fryer idea is to chop a babybel into quarters and then each quarter goes into the middle of a meatball to create a cheesy meatball.
Can You Heat Babybel Cheese?
Yes, you can heat babybel cheese. Though note, it’s not like when you air fry halloumi fajitas as the babybel will still melt. So just like other cheeses you need a plan of action.
Such as adding the babybel over a lasagne for a cheesy topping or doing the babybel on some foil so that you don’t make a mess of the air fryer.
Is It OK To Put Cheese In An Air Fryer?
Yes, it is ok to put cheese in the air fryer and you will love air fryer cheese recipes. Whilst air fryer babybel cheese is our favourite, you can air fry any cheese.
For example, we love to do air fryer halloumi gyros, air fryer grilled cheese, air fryer frozen mozzarella sticks, air fryer frozen cheese pizza bagels as well as air fryer mac and cheese.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Babybel Air Fryer Ingredients
Babybels – I gave Jorge the boring job (he liked doing it) of unwrapping all the babybels and then getting them ready for being wrapped in pastry.
Pastry – Then I also made a batch of my air fryer pie crust which is my homemade shortcrust pastry recipe that I use in a lot of air fryer recipes. You can also make extra and freeze it for later.
Egg – We also recommend an egg wash over spraying with olive oil as it gives a much better golden glow to your babybel cheese bites.
Can You Recommend An Air Fryer?
I often get asked which air fryers I recommend and which one I use. In 95% of our air fryer recipes, we use either the Philips Air Fryer XL or the Cosori XL because they are the best ones, we have found out of many air fryers we have tried over the years. You can click on the links above and read up on them.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested everyday air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10+ years.
How To Cook Babybel In Air Fryer?
- Prep. Roll out your pastry. I normally make a batch of homemade pastry in the morning and then bring it to room temperature when needed.
- Stuff. Cut the pastry into squares and then place a babybel onto each square. Wrap the pastry around the babybel until you can’t see the babybel. If it is not well covered then the babybel cheese will leak out.
- Line. Next line the air fryer with foil and add your babybel bites to the foil, spreading them out.
- Cook. Place the babybel in air fryer and brush with egg wash. Air fry for 8 minutes at 180c/360f, brush with egg wash again and then cook for a final 4 minutes at 200c/400f.
What To Eat With Babybel Cheese?
We usually have some dipping sauces with our babybel cheese. Such as air fryer bacon aioli or another favourite of mine is those 4 in1 dip sets you can buy from the supermarket and then you can have a mix of a few different dips.
Or you can add in some extra appetisers such as our air fryer frozen chicken wings or our air fryer homemade chicken nuggets.
More Air Fryer Recipes With Our Homemade Pastry!
- Air Fryer Cornish Pasties
- Air Fryer Cheese & Onion Pasties
- Air Fryer Cheese Flan
- Air Fryer Cheese Whirls
- Air Fryer Sausage Rolls
- Air Fryer Apple Turnovers
Your babybel cheese air fryer recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Babybel Cheesy Bites
- 500 g Batch Air Fryer Pie Crust
- 12 Babybels
- Egg Wash optional
- Firstly, make ahead your pastry. If you are doing this several hours before eating, then you can wrap it in cling film/plastic wrap and store it into the fridge for later. Then when ready roll out your pastry.
- Unwrap the babybels ready for wrapping in the pastry.
- Cut the pastry into squares and wrap each babybel in a square of pastry. Tuck it in as you go to create the perfect pastry ball and no cheese showing.
- Add a layer of foil to your air fryer. Then add the babybel balls over the foil spreading them out as you add them. Brush with egg wash.
- Air fry for 8 minutes at 180c/360f. Then when the air fryer beeps air fry for another 4 minutes at 200c/400f.
- Remove by the foil and then serve.