Teriyaki Vegetables. Calling all teriyaki addicts. Let me show you how easy it is to cook teriyaki vegetables in your air fryer. Loaded with fresh broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, and peppers, this is a fantastic easy healthy alternative to the Chinese takeout.
You will love this teriyaki vegetable recipe because not only is it loaded with fresh vegetables, but it also uses healthy homemade teriyaki sauce and thanks to an air fryer hack has less washing up.
Table of Contents
I am one of those home cooks that loves to save time in the kitchen and make similar recipes that will save me time. For example, these teriyaki vegetables are made with the leftover healthy teriyaki sauce that I made. They were also made at the same time as our Ninja Foodi salmon.
In fact, we served our Ninja Foodi salmon with these teriyaki vegetables!
The reason I am telling you this, is that these stir fry vegetables are ideal for making when you are making something similar, to use up leftover sauce, or when you are making chicken teriyaki and you want something to serve with them.
But best of all, these teriyaki vegetables are tossed in foil and then air fried on the foil. This means that you don’t have a sticky teriyaki pan to clean out or a filthy air fryer, because the sticky teriyaki marinade is local to the foil and perfect for clean up.
Even better, it can be like you are camping and you can serve the vegetables in the foil.
Plus, as well as our free newsletter, we also have a free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
What Is Vegetable Teriyaki?
Vegetable teriyaki is vegetables that have been cooked in a stir fry in a delicious teriyaki sauce.
The vegetables will be sweet and flavoursome thanks to the teriyaki and will be perfectly cooked. Teriyaki is also a common sauce that you would associate with Chinese food.
Teriyaki Vegetable Stir Fry
If you love a teriyaki vegetable stir fry, well this is how to transform it into an air fryer stir fry. You are sauteing the vegetables first in the air fryer basket and then adding in the sauce and continuing the cooking process.
You can pick and choose which vegetables you want to include, though I recommend quick cooking typical stir fry vegetables such as:
- Green Beans
- Baby Corn
Teriyaki Vegetables Ingredients
Vegetables – In our teriyaki vegetables recipe we are keeping it simple. We are using leftover peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, and zucchini.
Seasonings – Before we are adding the teriyaki sauce, we are using Chinese five spice (my favourite Chinese dry rub) along with salt and pepper.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – We use a splash of extra virgin olive oil to stop the vegetables from drying out and to make them nice and crispy like they would be in a wok with a traditional stir fry.
Teriyaki Sauce – We made our own homemade teriyaki sauce and used that in this recipe. But you can also swap it for a shop bought jar of sauce instead.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this air fryer recipe, it has just been our Philips Air Fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for family dinners as well as for smaller batches of food.
How To Cook Teriyaki Vegetables?
- Peel and slice. I like to start by planning which vegetables I am going to be using and getting them clean, peeled and diced. Because I hate food waste and want to us up what I have, I went with spare vegetables in the fridge on the night before grocery shopping day.
- Add in the seasonings. After my veggies are ready to be cooked, I will load them into a mixing bowl, add in seasonings, extra virgin olive oil, and toss with my hands. This ensures that vegetables are well coated in seasoning and any excess will go to the bottom of the bowl.
- Air fry. I load the vegetables into the air fry and cook for 14 minutes, this gives the vegetables a great head start in being cooked before the sauce is added.
- Foil. When the air fryer beeps I will add the vegetables back in the bowl and toss in teriyaki sauce. I will then move the vegetables to the foil and air fry for a further 5 minutes.
Note, that the foil step can be re-done with takeout leftovers if you want to warm them through, this is the way to do it!
How Long To Cook A Stir Fry In The Air Fryer?
I recommend that first you read our air fryer stir fry post, as we go into a lot of detail about how to do a stir fry.
For this specific easy teriyaki vegetables recipe, it is recommended that you cook your vegetables for 14 minutes first, then a further 5 minutes with the teriyaki sauce.
What To Serve With Teriyaki Vegetables?
What works best is a protein that can balance out the meal and have you full and satisfied for hours.
Below you can see our Ninja Foodi salmon served up with teriyaki vegetables:
More Delicious Teriyaki Recipes
Air Fryer Teriyaki Vegetables
- Slice and dice your vegetables and load them into a mixing bowl. Add in Chinese five spice, salt, and pepper. Pour in extra virgin olive oil. Mix well and then load into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 14 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Remove the vegetables and load back into the bowl, add teriyaki sauce, mix with your hands, and then place onto a layer of foil. Place back in the air fryer and cook for a further 5 minutes at 180c/360f.