Air Fryer Spinach. How to air fry spinach to make delicious buttered spinach. Perfect every time and only a handful of simple ingredients.
This air fryer fresh spinach recipe is also low carb, keto and gluten free. Or if you follow Whole30 or Paleo I recommend this paleo butter.
Air Fryer Spinach
Confession time. The first time I made this air fryer spinach, I ate it so fast it didn’t get out of the air fryer.
I stood over the air fryer basket checking with a fork that it was cooked properly, had a mouthful and thought this tastes good I better have another.
Then before I knew it, the whole dish of air fryer fresh spinach had been eaten.
It was just good and reminded me of the buttered spinach my aunt made me as a kid. My aunt was a big drinker, but very rarely ate a plate of food.
She was a picker when it came to eating and one of her favourites was buttered spinach cooked in the microwave.
The spinach grew in her garden and she made some for me once and I just wanted to binge on it forever and ever.
But I haven’t had any for years, until the time when I had a big batch of spinach in the fridge and just wondered how it would turn out in the air fryer.
Well the verdict is AMAZING.
I am more of a Whole30 or Paleo kind of healthy eater. I don’t do keto because I can’t maintain that level of fat, but every now and again I make a delicious recipe and declare to the family that it is keto, like I want a keto medal or something!
But if you do follow keto/low carb or just love spinach this buttered spinach is the BEST.
Can I Air Fry Spinach?
The air fryer makes a fantastic all in one kitchen gadget and replaces the microwave. You could take many of your favourite microwave foods to the air fryer and it will do a fantastic job.
Air Frying Spinach is a key example of this. You can load an air fryer cake pan with fresh spinach, butter and seasoning and then come back to perfect buttered spinach.
Air Fryer Fresh Spinach
For this recipe for air fryer spinach it is important that you use fresh spinach. You want the spinach to wilt with the butter to get that delicious buttered spinach flavour.
If you use frozen spinach, the flavour is not as good, and it holds a lot of water.
I like the medium sized bags of spinach and with each time you make your air fryer spinach you use half a bag.
What Ingredients Go Into Air Fryer Spinach?
There are 3 main ingredients that go into air fryer spinach:
- Fresh Spinach
The seasoning comes down to personal preference, but I love to add garlic powder, salt and pepper. You can also flavour it with your own favourite seasonings such as garam masala to make an Indian version.
But basically, a cake pan is nice and deep, slots perfectly into the air fryer and we use it in a LOT of recipes. After all, you don’t want to spend money on an accessory and then not use it!
We use the cake pan in this recipe as it does an excellent job of keeping everything together and stopping the butter from leaking out.
How To Air Fry Spinach?
- Place just washed spinach into your air fryer cake pan.
- Load in the other ingredients and place the cake pan into the air fryer basket.
- Cook. Stir. Cook. Serve.
How Long To Air Fry Spinach?
It takes just 5 minutes to air fry spinach. That is from the point of dumping everything into your air fryer cake pan to dipping your fork in and bingeing on it.
More Spinach Recipes
Here are 3 more of our favourite spinach recipes at Recipe This:
- Soup Maker Spinach Soup – A delicious cream of spinach soup in the soup maker. Easy to make. Perfect for dumping the ingredients in your soup maker and coming back to perfect soup.
- Air Fryer Spinach Dip – Enjoy your favourite spinach dip in the air fryer with a delicious bread ring. Perfect for a night in for two.
- Spinach Zoodles – If you love zoodles then try these avocado and spinach zoodles. I just want to eat bowl after bowl of them.
Air Fryer Spinach
- Rinse your spinach under a cold tap in a sieve. Lightly squeeze out any extra water so that your spinach is not overly wet.
- Place the spinach into your air fryer cake pan and layer the top with your butter and your seasonings.
- Set the time to 3 minutes and the temperature to 180c/360f.
- After it beeps give it a quick stir with a fork and then cook at the same temperature again for a final 2 minutes.
- Stir and serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: