Welcome to my Easiest Ever Air Fryer Mince Pies recipe.
It wouldn’t be Christmas time without mince pies would it? There is the smell that you get as soon as you enter the kitchen over Christmas the same smell at the market, in the supermarket or in the bakery.
I love mince pies but Dominic and Kyle both hate them so this means more for me! Though I have a toddler daughter that follows me around and wants to eat everything that I eat so I am sure I will have to share them this Christmas!
I see them being sold in supermarkets as packs of 12 and I look at them and taste them and they are never quite the same as what my Grandma used to make me and feel packaged up and cheap. However they are so easy to make yourself and can be cooked in the Air Fryer very quickly without much hassle at all.
In this recipe I will be sharing with you my Grandma’s easiest ever mince pies recipe. But unlike her day of cooking them in the oven I have an Air Fryer that allows them to have a delicious crust and you save a fair bit of cooking time as well.
It is just 25 days now until Christmas and I am sure it is a great time to get tucking into some lovely mince pies and to get into the Christmas spirit!
So get into the Christmas season and enjoy some homemade mince pies with my best and easiest ever mince pies recipe.Easiest Ever #AirFryer Mince Pies Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 180c.
- Start by making your sweet pastry. In a mixing bowl mix your fat into your flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and mix well. Add a little warm water at a time while mixing at the same time until your mixture makes lovely soft dough.
- Roll out your pastry using a little extra flour to stop it sticking. Place pastry into each of the pastry cases that you’re using. Then fill each one with mince meat.
- Add another layer of pastry on top and then slit with a knife so that the mince pies have room to breathe. Brush the top with egg.
- Place in the Air Fryer for 12 minutes at 180c.