Delicious warm air fryer mince pies. Perfect for this time of year and so easy to prep and cook in the air fryer.
You can also freeze these easy mince pies for later or make ahead for Christmas Eve for Santa!
Table of Contents
Easy Mince Pies
If I was to name my Dad’s favourite food at Christmas I would have to say that it would be a close battle between an air fryer Christmas cake with some Wensleydale cheese or some warm mince pies.
Both would be enjoyed throughout Christmas and I would also struggle to choose between Christmas cake the beloved mince pies.
But most of us would grab some mince pies from Iceland or from M&S and then serve them to friends and family over the festive period, assuming that mince pies are way too hard to make yourself.
These mince pies are called easy mince pies for a reason.
And thanks to the air fryer they are much quicker without the need to pre-heat the oven.
You can then treat yourself to some homemade mince pies this Christmas.
Or if like my Dad you love mince pies you can freeze those you make at Christmas for early into next year.
Today, I am going to be showing you how to make mince pies in the air fryer, answering all your questions and giving you some shortcuts to make these easy mince pies even easier.
Beyond our air fryer mince pies, we have many more Christmas favourites you can try including: air fryer sausage rolls, air fryer cocktail sausages, air fryer vol au vents, air fryer pigs in blankets, air fryer stuffing balls, air fryer camembert, and let’s not forget about our big list of air fryer Christmas recipes.
Can You Cook Pies In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can air fry pies and you will love pies in the air fryer. There are also several different types of pies that you can cook in the air fryer too.
You can then make a chicken pie, a veggie pie, use the pie dish to make a quiche and so many other greats.
Or if you have a small air fryer you can make an air fryer chicken pot pie with ramekins.
Can I Cook A Frozen Pie In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can frozen pies in air fryer as well as fresh/thawed pies in the air fryer. Check out our air fryer frozen chicken pot pie recipe for full details of the time and temp.
Or if you have the cute little ones such as air fryer party pies, these can also be cooked from frozen in the air fryer.
Can You Cook Pastry In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook shortcrust pastry in air fryer, just like the pastry we are using to make these shortcrust pastry mince pies. You can cook shortcrust pastry, puff pastry or filo pastry in the air fryer.
What’s In A Mince Pie?
If you are outside of the UK, then you have probably not heard of the mince pie, and have no idea what we are talking about.
Well, mince pies in the UK is what we leave out for Santa just like you leave out air fryer chocolate chip cookies.
Its not mince as in ground beef, but mincemeat from a can (often called a mincemeat pie) and has lots of raisins and other similar ingredients included.
Air fryer mince pies are very easy prep and are well worth trying this Christmas as something different if you have not had them before.
Can You Freeze Mince Pies?
Yes, you can freeze mince pies. Freezing mince pies is a great idea especially if there is only 1 of you that likes the mince pies, and you want to save some air fryer mince pies for another time.
For freezing mince pies, it is easy. Wait until the homemade mince pies are nice and cool, then layer them on an oven tray into the freezer and freeze for an hour until they are stiff and no longer soft on touch.
Then remove the mince pies from the tray and place into a Ziploc bag and freeze.
You do the Ziploc bag method like this as otherwise if you load them straight into the bag without an almost freeze, they will stick together.
Can You Put Pie Tin In Air Fryer?
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Easy Mince Pie Recipe Ingredients
Pastry – Let’s start with the shortcrust pastry for mince pies. We make it from flour, sugar, butter and a little water and you can follow our air fryer pie crust recipe here. Or if you prefer you can swap the shortcrust and make a puff pastry mince pie recipe.
Mince – Then for the mince part of the mince pies, or mincemeat as we would call it, we had a jar of mincemeat from Tesco’s. Though one jar goes quite far so you will have enough for at least two batches of air fryer mince pies.
Egg – Plus, for that golden glow on mince pies in air fryer I recommend some egg wash that you can brush on top.
We also used some heart cutters to get the lovely heart shapes of shortcrust pastry over the mince pies.
Can You Recommend An Air Fryer?
I often get asked which air fryers I recommend and which one I use. In 95% of our air fryer recipes, we use either the Philips Air Fryer XL or the Cosori XL because they are the best ones, we have found out of many air fryers we have tried over the years. You can click on the links above and read up on them.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested everyday air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10+ years.
How To Make Mince Pies In Air Fryer?
- Prep. Firstly to make mince pies you need to start by prepping your shortcrust pastry, or you can use room temperature thawed puff pastry.
- Roll. Next roll out your shortcrust pastry and then using round cutters make 6 round circles from the pastry.
- Hearts. Then grab your surplus pastry and make into a ball and then re-roll and make 6 hearts for the mince pie toppings.
- Line. Then line your pudding tins with the shortcrust pastry. Pushing it down to make sure it fits properly. Then add 2 teaspoons of mincemeat into each. Follow this up with a heart in the centre of each. Pressing it down on the mincemeat.
- Cook. Next place the pudding tins into the air fryer basket and air fry for 12 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Serve. Next remove from the pudding tins and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
And that is how easy this mince pies in air fryer recipe is.
How Long To Cook Mince Pies In Air Fryer?
We recommend a cooking time for air fryer mince pies of 12 minutes. This is wonderful because no preheat is required and they are so easy to prep and then air fry.
Compare this to lots of other air fryer pies and it is super fast.
What Temperature To Cook Mince Pies?
The BEST temperature to cook mince pies is 180c/360f. This is because the air fryer gets hot fast and otherwise you can end up with mince pies that are like rubber.
Reheating Pies In Air Fryer
You can reheat pie in air fryer. We love to reheat apple pie in air fryer and you can do the same with cherry pie and another similar pie.
But what about reheating mince pies? Because a mince pie in air fryer is much smaller we would recommend 5 minutes at 160c/320f to heat through your mince pies. Perfect for if you have cooked mince pies and would love them warm.
Listen To Air Fryer Mince Pies
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
More Air Fryer Pies
- Air Fryer Apple Pie
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie
- Air Fryer Egg & Bacon Pie
- Air Fryer Chicken Pot Pie
- Air Fryer Meat Pie
- Air Fryer Leftover Turkey Pie
- Check out all our 600+ air fryer beginner recipes!
This mince pie in air fryer recipe is an updated post and was originally shared on Recipe This in 2020.
Learn how to cook air fryer mince pies below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Mince Pies
- 500 g Batch Air Fryer Pie Crust/Shortcrust Pastry
- 1/3 Jar Mincemeat
- 1 Small Egg Beaten
- 1 Tbsp Icing Sugar
- Let’s air fry mince pies. Start by making your pastry (follow our air fryer pie crust recipe) and then flour your rolling pin and pastry and roll out. Or alternatively roll out puff pastry. Next use a round cookie cutter and cut out 6 round circles of the pastry.
- Then gently place a round inside each of your pudding tins and push down so that you have plenty of space for your mincemeat.
- Then using a teaspoon add two heaped teaspoons of the mincemeat into each of the pies.
- This is how the mincemeat should look in your pastry as you don’t want to add too much.
- Next roll out the leftover pastry and cut using a heart cutter or star cutter and make 6 of them ready to go over the mincemeat.
- Then place a heart over each of the mince pies. Followed by brushing the hearts with egg wash to help with the golden mince pie colour.
- Place the pudding tins loaded with mince pies into the air fryer basket and air fry for 12 minutes at 180c/360f or until the pastry is cooked and the mincemeat is heated through.
- Then allow to cool before removing the mince pies from the pudding tins.
- For a final touch sprinkle the tops of the mince pies with icing sugar/confectioners sugar.