Welcome to my latest recipe in the air fryer and today we are cooking turkey pot pie. It is filled to bursting with leftover turkey leg, leftover vegetables and a delicious creamy cheese sauce. Then it is topped with homemade shortcrust pastry for the ultimate meal.
This has to go down among the meals that tastes amazing that you have forgotten are actually budget meals. Budget meals are often associated with eating loads of potatoes and cheap supermarket chickens, porridge for breakfast and lots of canned foods.
But in reality you can make some delicious meals from just a small amount of leftover meat.
This is what we have achieved in this recipe. We have taken on a turkey leg. It is slow cooked in the slow cooker, picked at it just because when you smell a warm turkey leg, you just want to eat it there and then. On top of this it has been split it makes two awesome recipes. This is the second of the two and who can argue with turkey pot pie. It is truly delicious.
We have filled it to bursting with delicious seasonal vegetables, added our homemade shortcrust pastry to the mix and then air fried it.
So if you fancy a pie with attitude, one that shouts out “eat me now” then here is your chance. It is just like how grandma used to make them and you can also make them ahead, freeze them and then have them as you want them. You can then serve them up with lots of mash and gravy for that heavenly evening meal.#Air Fryer Leftover #Turkey Pot #Pie #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Make your shortcrust pastry and fill the bottom of your ramekins with it. Saving some pastry for the tops of the pies.
- If it is not already chop your cooked turkey meat into small pieces so that it suits the style of a turkey pot pie.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients (minus the egg) and if it is too thick add a little Greek yoghurt to make it a better texture.
- Spoon your pie filling into the ramekins making sure you don’t overload them.
- Place the pastry lids over the ramekins and then use a fork to place holes in the top of the pastry pots so that they have a chance to breathe during cooking.
- Brush the tops of the pies with the beaten egg and then place the ramekins into the air fryer.
- Cook for 180c for 15 minutes and then serve.
I use ramekins but you can use any small baking pots that fit well into your air fryer.
You can also alter your vegetables and your meat to suit your own tastes. For example I love to use chicken sometimes and duck is also very nice.
The Slow Cooked Turkey Leg
This is the second of two delicious recipes made with one turkey leg. It proves that you can make two delicious meals from one turkey leg. Whether it is because your food must stretch or you just like saving money, then give this a go!