This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
How to make the most delicious air fryer leftover turkey pie. Loaded with leftover turkey, stuffing, veggies, and gravy and then topped with puff pastry.
You will love this leftover turkey pie that would work well swapped for leftover lamb, pork, chicken or beef.
This leftover pie recipe was originally shared back in 2016, updated in 2020 and updating again with new photos and better tips and tricks for making the best leftover turkey pie you have ever tried.
Leftover Turkey Pie
Is it me or is leftover turkey pie the hero of all leftover turkey recipes? It is my favourite way to use up leftover turkey, followed a close second by Dominic’s homemade flatbread which he uses it serve up the best turkey sandwiches in.
But leftover turkey pie is also something I improve year on year, as I strive to make it even better for you.
For this version the biggest change I have made is making it for the first time in my favourite silicone cake pan (I recommend this one). This means you hardly have any washing up and that it doesn’t stick to the pan and is a better shape to the previous containers I have used in the air fryer.
Secondly, for a better crisp on the air fryer turkey pie I have opted for puff pastry, plus it makes the pie making even quicker.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Cook Pies In An Air Fryer?
Let’s talk first about the logistics of cooking pies in the air fryer. After all, you might be thinking about that HUGE pot pie you normally make and wonder if it can be cooked in an air fryer.
Then secondly, the air fryer cooks from above so you need to cook your pie in the air fryer at a lower temperature so that it cooks through the middle and not just the pastry on top.
Can You Cook Raw Pastry In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook raw pastry in an air fryer, and you have a few options. You can use our homemade air fryer pie crust recipe which is made from shortcrust pastry, or you can use some shop bought puff pastry, filo pastry etc.
In todays leftover turkey pie recipe, we are using puff pastry.
Mini Turkey Pot Pies
If you want to, you can make mini turkey pot pies, and this is the way I make a lot of my different style of pies in the air fryer.
I use a ramekin, fill it with pie filling and then add a puff pastry or shortcrust pastry topping and then it cooks in the air fryer.
Simply follow our air fryer chicken pot pie recipe and then sub the chicken for the turkey.
Layered Turkey Pot Pie
The easiest way to make a turkey pie for the air fryer is to layer it.
Then you can add a layer of turkey, then the stuffing, then leftover veggies, then peas, then cheese sauce or gravy, then the pie crust.
Then you have a delicious bottom layer from the turkey and they all mix together nicely as they air fry.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe Ingredients
You’re making leftover turkey pot pie with leftovers, so your leftovers may differ to what we have.
We used the following leftovers in our turkey pie:
Beyond these leftovers we also used:
Peas – I love garden peas in a turkey pie and it also filled it up a bit if you don’t have that much leftover.
Pastry – We also used some puff pastry for our pie crust and then rolled it out to the size of our silicone rounds.
Egg – I recommend some egg wash for the top of your puff pastry for that beautiful golden glow.
Gravy – I also recommend some gravy or a cheese sauce to serve with your turkey pie. We used a hidden veggie gravy in the pie and then served the pie with a homemade cheese sauce.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this recipe for leftover turkey pie it has just been our Philips air fryer and our Cosori air fryer. We put one turkey pie in each.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
How To Make Leftover Turkey Pie?
- Load. Its all a layering process. Start with shredded turkey, then stuffing, then veggies, then peas, then gravy or cheese sauce.
- Cut. Roll out your puff pastry and cut around the base of the silicone cake pan to get the right size. Then load the puff pastry over the silicone. Cut with a knife in the centre so that it can breathe and then brush with egg wash.
- Cook. Load into the air fryer and air fry for 11 minutes at 180c/360f followed by a further 12 minutes at 160c/320f.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is making turkey pie with leftovers in the air fryer and how you can be doing the same.
What Temperature Do You Cook A Turkey Pot Pie?
I recommend starting with a temperature of 180c/360f for your turkey pot pie, and then reduce the temperature down to 160c/320f to get it fully cooked in the middle and to avoid the pie from getting burnt on top.
More Turkey Leftover Ideas
- Air Fryer Leftover Turkey Pie
- Air Fryer Leftover Turkey Calzone
- Air Fryer Leftover Turkey Burgers
- Slow Cooker Leftover Turkey Curry
- Soup Maker Leftover Turkey Soup
- Soup Maker Boxing Day Soup
Your turkey pie recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Leftover Turkey Pie
- 500 g Turkey Dinner Leftovers
- 1 Egg beaten
- Leftover Cheese Sauce
- 240 ml Frozen Garden Peas
- Load leftover turkey into your dish.
- Then add a layer of stuffing spreading it out and making sure it doesn’t go to high up your container.
- Then add your veggies. We used leftover chopped carrot and swede.
- Then add some frozen peas.
- Then add cheese sauce or gravy. Use a spatula to flatten out so that there are no highs and its all level.
- Roll out puff pastry and then place the silicone dish over it so that you can use a knife to measure the size of the silicone.
- Load the puff pastry rounds over the pie and then use a knife to cut the middle so your turkey pie can breathe. Then add egg wash over.
- Place the silicone cake pans into the air fryer basket and air fry for 11 minutes at 180c/360f, followed by a final 12 minutes at 160c/320f.