Welcome to my Airfryer cheese and bacon muffins recipe.
Up until 2015 I was a virgin as far as savoury muffins are concerned. Actually I wasn’t that well versed when it came to sweet muffins either and apart from a few different ones from the supermarket I had hardly had them.
But muffins are not a big thing in Portugal so it wasn’t a surprise really.
But last November I was at a birthday party with Sofia for a 1 year old friend of hers and there was a really nice selection of cheese muffins and sweet cupcakes. Up until this point I have always hated cupcakes and I reckon it is down to who is making them and how nice they are. They have just always been too sweet for me and I haven’t been able to finish them.
But these were out of this world. Plus when you factor in that they were made by a gourmet chef that specialises in puddings, then no wonder they were so good.
But the cheese muffins they were out of this world and it got me thinking about how amazing they would be in the Airfryer. How you could use some muffin cases and then just delicious Airfryer cheese muffins. And of course I love bacon, so it is only right that bacon is added into it as well!!!
These cheese and bacon Airfryer muffins are perfect for lunch, perfect for summer barbeques or just as a snack for your picnic. We love taking them to the beach with us or when we just have some leftover cheese that we want to use up.
- 360g Plain Flour
- 1 Large Egg
- 4 Large Slices Back Bacon
- 1 Medium Onion (peeled and thinly diced)
- 100g Cheddar Cheese
- 2Tsp Baking Powder
- 2Tbsp Olive Oil
- 220ml Whole Milk
- 1Tsp Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Sauté the bacon in a pan with a little olive oil. When the bacon is 80% done add the onion and then put to one side.
- Mix your parsley, baking powder, flour, grated cheese and mix together. Add your milk, olive oil and egg with a wooden spoon and then mix until it becomes a sticky to thick dough.
- Drain the oil from your bacon and onion and add to the mixture.
- Place into six medium sized muffin cases and place in the Airfryer for 20 minutes on 180c, followed by a further 10 minutes on 160c to make sure they are cooked in the centre.
- Then rinse and repeat until you’re out of muffin cases.