Welcome to my flourless crunchy onion rings in the air fryer recipe. Here is an air fryer owners dream come true. These are my crunchy onion rings that are completely gluten free and will have you begging for more.
I should start by saying that I have always had and always will have an onion rings addiction. I have always loved them. It started as a nice side to have when you went out for burger and chips, then I became addicted to them at KFC and it has gone on from there.
I actually remember having them in KFC as a child with some fries and coleslaw. Though this was more because my parents loved KFC and when you were a vegetarian there in the 80’s that was where the food choice started and ended! There was no such thing as a veggie burger then 🙂
Well a couple of days ago we were at our local burger bar having a meal. I had a burger meal deal with some onion rings, along with fries and a drink. Plus it wouldn’t be a burger bar without finishing the meal with a sundae.
Then a couple of days later we started putting this flourless onion rings recipe together and I had a realisation…….
I really couldn’t tell the difference between this airfryer recipe and the deep fried version. This in my world is very odd as deep fried vs healthy often tastes very different and these were so good I couldn’t believe that they hadn’t come out of a takeaway, talk about a food mega moment!#Flourless Crunchy #OnionRings In The #Airfryer Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Preheat your air fryer to 180c.
- Place your beaten egg in a little bowl.
- Using a food processor or blender blitz your oats into fine breadcrumbs so that they are like a thick flour. Place them into a bowl.
- Slice your onion into whole slices like you imagine the inside of an onion ring to be.
- Push out the rings onto your chopping board and then dip in the oats, then in the egg and then back into the oats.
- Place in the air fryer for 8 minutes on 180c.
This recipe is based on your onions been light and crispy and crunchy add another 2 minutes if you want more of a well done taste.