This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Easy Air Fryer Omelette Recipe. How to air fry an omelette quickly and easily without hardly any washing up. Perfect for busy mornings and easy to mix and match this air fryer omelette with your favourite omelette fillings.
Air Fryer Omelette
In the Milner house this year, my all time favourite breakfast is air fryer egg cups.
It was a breakfast I used to have a few years back when I was on the Whole30 and I have become totally hooked on making it for breakfast in the air fryer.
I would do my exercise, put my air fryer egg cups on, do the school run and then eat them when I got home after Sofia had been dropped off at preschool.
Jorge would be by my side as I made them and would get real joy out of mixing the ingredients and passing me the various silicone egg cups that I had.
Or some mornings Sofia would join in and choose the silicone hearts or the pink ones.
But what I hated about making them was that the prep seemed too long for a quick air fryer breakfast and the washing up was more than what I wanted.
One morning I made the full batch using just my air fryer baking pan and OMG not only were they delicious, but there was less prep and washing up and my easy air fryer omelette had been born.
Plus, as well as our free newsletter, we also have a free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
Can I Make An Omelette In My Air Fryer?
Yes, you can. I love to make an omelette in the air fryer. It is fantastic for a set and forget air fryer breakfast for busy mornings.
Many people will be anti air fryer omelettes thinking that it doesn’t take long to make one in the frying pan. Which of course is true.
But when you make an air fryer omelette you dump the ingredients in like this:
There is one pot to wash up as everything happens in one air fryer baking pan and you don’t have to watch it.
You can literally go and take a shower while to cooks.
You can prepare your air fryer omelette the night before and then cook it in the air fryer the next morning, or even cook it in advance and then reheat later.
In fact, when I was doing the video for your air fryer omelette (access it here) I made the omelette for the video and then was so full that I reheated the rest of it the next day.
Why An Air Fryer Omelette?
Until you make an air fryer omelette for the first time, you will not appreciate how much easier they are and how little effort is involved.
- The washing up – who wants a big pile of dishes to wash in a morning? I know I don’t! You crack the eggs into the same baking pan that you will be cooking your air fryer egg omelette in. You don’t have that separate measuring jug to wash up and instead washing up is your baking pan, 1 silicone whisk, a knife and a chopping board. You could even eat your omelette from the baking pan if you wanted to.
- It’s so fast – You whisk the omelette mixture in your baking pan, add in omelette add ins and then bake in the air fryer. You could even meal prep the night before and let it cook in the air fryer while you take a shower.
- Set & forget – It is like baking something. You load your prepped omelette into the air fryer and come back when it beeps. Perfect for when you have a busy morning and want to get things done.
Air Fryer Omelette Secret
One thing that is never discussed about the air fryer is how good it is as a food warmer. You can keep food in the air fryer, and it will not carry on cooking but it will keep the food warm for you.
I will hear the air fryer beep just as I am heading out of the door to take Sofia, then by the time I get back and sit down for breakfast when I get home 45 minutes have passed.
The air fryer omelette is still wonderfully warm and perfect for eating. It has not gone cold and is perfect for organising your busy morning.
Keto Air Fryer Omelette
It is very easy to turn your omelette into a keto air fryer omelette. This is because the basic ingredients for an air fryer omelette are:
You are then adding in your favourite ingredients to your omelette. The ingredients including add ins that I use most days are:
- Red Pepper
- Green Pepper
- Yellow Pepper
I love the beautiful colours of mixed peppers in the air fryer and they are quick to slice in a morning without any peeling to do.
You can also make an air fryer cheese omelette, air fryer cheese and bacon, air fryer chicken and kale or any of your other favourite combos. Plus, all these omelette ideas are keto!
Air Fryer Omelette Gadgets Used
You’re probably wondering what kitchen gadgets we used to make our air fryer omelette and here is a quick run through.
- Silicone Whisk – Essential that it is made from silicone because it will stop you from scratching your baking pan. As you don’t want to ruin the non-stick. Our silicone whisk is part of this all in one set.
- Air Fryer Baking Pan – I love this baking pan and it fits perfectly in the larger air fryers and is non-stick making washing up even easier. Here is the plan B for a smaller air fryer, but will still make a good size omelette.
- Air Fryer – The Air Fryer we used in our air fryer omelette is the Philips XXL. It is the new addition to our air fryer family and the perfect size for making omelettes for breakfast or brunch.
Air Fryer Omelette Cooking Time
As we started cooking an air fryer omelette, we played around with cooking times quite a bit. What we did settle on was that 9 minutes was the ideal cooking time.
- 8 minutes and the eggs are not quite set
- 10 minutes and a little too brown
Air Fryer Omelette Ingredients
Eggs – This depends on how many people you are feeding. I normally do two large eggs in my breakfast omelette.
Milk – You just want enough milk to make a nice omelette batter with the eggs. Don’t worry about what milk you use as any will do.
Filling – Its up to you what fillings you would like in your omelette. I opted for peppers because they give a wonderful colour to your omelette and cook fast with the omelette. You can use mushrooms, cheese, peppers, onions, or another fast cooking vegetable in yours.
Seasoning – I recommend keeping it simple with salt, pepper, and oregano. After all, you want a simple breakfast that you can make for busy mornings.
Easy Air Fryer Omelette Recipe
Cooking an air fryer omelette is rather easy and here are the simple steps to follow:
- Crack your eggs into a baking pan and add in milk. Whisk until well mixed.
- Dice your omelette add ins and load them into the baking pan.
- Mix everything together and place the air fryer baking pan into the air fryer.
- Cook for 9 minutes on a medium heat and serve.
What About An Air Fryer Frittata?
If you would rather enjoy an air fryer frittata then you will be pleased to know it’s a similar cooking method.
You can air fry your frittata vegetables first, load it into the air fryer basket, pour over frittata mixture and then carry on cooking.
More Easy Air Fryer Breakfasts
Easy Air Fryer Omelette Recipe
Air Fryer Omelette Ingredients:
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Crack 3 medium/large eggs into the air fryer baking pan. Add the milk and whisk well with a silicone whisk. Chop up your peppers and any other add ins and load them into your baking pan.
- Place the baking pan into the air fryer basket and cook for 9 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Serve warm.