Soup Maker Slimming World Cheese Sauce
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Slimming World Cheese Sauce. This delicious Slimming World Cheese Sauce is cooked in the soup maker, is like a quick blend and you are done, tastes amazing, can be used as a slimming world sauce for everything, and will give you a whole new way to cook a Syn Free cheese sauce on Slimming World.
In today’s Slimming World Cheese Sauce recipe, it’s all about showing you a healthier alternative to making a homemade cheese sauce. A syn free cheese sauce that is easy to make, you can mix and match ingredients and is perfect for family dinners.
But I have something even better than our soup maker cheese sauce for you to check out first.
It is our soup maker ecookbook. It includes all our popular soup maker recipes and fantastic for variety with cooking with the soup maker. Or browse our site as we have plenty of soup maker recipes that are easy to recreate at home and we have been showing people how to use the soup maker since 2014.
Originally shared in 2017, this is our updated version of our slimming world cheese sauce and includes a new and improved recipe along with lots of extra ideas.
Slimming World Cheese Sauce
You probably want to know what the story is behind this Slimming World Cheese Sauce. Or my own history with Slimming World.
Firstly, I joined Slimming World originally in 1994 as a fat teen that ate too much cheese and chocolate and never exercised.
The weight soon fell off me and I went to target. I then returned to Slimming World after the birth of my first child and again the weight fell off.
But that was long before you could look online for Slimming World recipes and the SW recipes of then, are not as good as they are today.
As I have become a kitchen gadgets food blogger and become more and more obsessed with my kitchen gadgets, the more new healthy recipes I have learnt.
Slimming World cheese sauce is a key example of that. A recipe I have altered over the years until I found my perfect recipe and this is it.
I am also a cheese sauce addict and love the idea that I can bring you a cheese sauce that can be either low syn or syn free, that you can also make at home and help you on your Slimming World Journey.
Best Slimming World Cheese Sauce
Well the chef hubby said it was the best Slimming World cheese sauce he had ever tried, when I poured this cheese sauce over his cauliflower.
Yet this cheese sauce is free of:
You don’t need to make a roux. You can dump the ingredients into a soup maker, or a pressure cooker and it comes together so fast.
It also works as a replacement for a LOT of your favourite Slimming World sauces such as:
- Slimming World White Sauce – Just want a plain white sauce you can use for quick dinners? Then make our cheese sauce without cheese and you have a yummy creamy basic sauce recipe.
- Slimming World Parsley Sauce – Are you making a Slimming World fish pie? Then make our cheese sauce, don’t add cheese and add garlic and parsley instead.
- Slimming World Cheese Sauce For Lasagne – This syn free cheese sauce is ideal for lasagne. Make a batch of it and load it onto your lasagne. Then any leftover can go towards a batch of cheese sauce for the freezer.
- Slimming World Cheese Sauce For Pasta – The same rule can apply to any pasta dish. Such as making a SW macaroni cheese. Just mix cooked pasta with this delicious cheese sauce and you have a SW pasta bake.
- Slimming World Cheese Sauce For Steak – You can also use this sauce as a basis of a cheese sauce for steak. But I would recommend adding in some extra seasonings to make it taste more like a steak sauce. Such as some mushrooms and some peppercorns.
You could also use this to make nacho cheese sauce, white wine sauce, or whatever you are cooking. Its kind of a sauce that works well with a lot of different recipes.
Slimming World Cheese Sauce With Butternut Squash
Yes you heard it right! The secret ingredient is that this Slimming World cheese sauce is made with butternut squash.
That sounds crazy doesn’t it? Especially when most Slimming World cheese sauce recipes use quark. Well I have to say that I find quark really boring and it doesn’t get me excited over my Slimming World meals.
But instead of a cheese sauce made just with quark you swap it for butternut squash instead. Or if you don’t like butternut squash you can use either pumpkin, carrots or cauliflower. As any of those vegetables do the trick.
What they create is a creamy hidden vegetable sauce and then you simply add cheese to it.
How Do I Make Slimming World Cheese Sauce?
In simple terms a Slimming World cheese sauce is the combination of:
- Creamy cooked blended vegetables
- Creamy add ins
- Grated cheese that melts
Those are the basic three things that make a cheese sauce. Or even better, make our Slimming World butternut squash soup and then reserve some leftovers for a base for a cheese sauce.
- For my creamy vegetables – first choice is always butternut squash as it does the best job. But carrots is a close second. Or sometimes I use some butternut squash and some carrots.
- Then for the creamy add ins – you have a few syn free foods to choose from. You could make your Slimming World cheese sauce with quark, natural yoghurt or another favourite is light Philadelphia.
- Then for the grated cheese – whatever favourite grated cheese you love will work well. I usually use light mature cheddar. That is because it is lower calorie, you can then add more of it and its stronger on taste, so you don’t need as much.
Low Fat Cheese Sauce
I understand that even though I love Slimming World, not everyone else does. Well you be pleased to know that this cheese sauce suits a whole range of diets.
The best thing about it is that it is flourless and butterless making it ideal for weight loss. It is a low fat cheese sauce and it is a low calorie cheese sauce.
It is also fantastic for low carb diets and WW.
How To Make A Slimming World Cheese Sauce?
Cooking slimming world cheese sauce in the soup maker is one of the EASIEST EVER healthy recipes.
- Load prepped butternut squash into the soup maker with stock and seasoning.
- When the soup maker is done and beeps, blend it.
- Add in cream and cheese and stir.
- Pour over food and enjoy!
There is a little bit more to this low calorie cheese sauce, but that is the basics.
More Simple Slimming World Recipes
We love cooking delicious healthy Slimming World friendly recipes. In fact, we love them so much that we have a post dedicated to air fryer slimming world recipes, instant pot slimming world recipes and of course soup maker slimming world recipes.
But beyond those, here are a few other Milner family favourites:
- Slimming World Chicken Casserole
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Oil Free Fries
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Cheese
- Slimming World Speed Soup
Soup Maker Slimming World Cheese Sauce
Slimming World Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- 750 g Butternut Squash
- 250 ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tsp Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- 75 g Light Philadelphia optional
- 150 g Light Mature Cheddar optional
- Slice and dice your butternut squash. Load into the soup maker with your preferred vegetable stock and seasoning. Place the lid on your soup maker and cook for 28-30 minutes.
- Blend your sauce once the soup maker beeps.
- Remove the lid add in cheese and cream and extra seasoning if required.
- Give it a good stir and serve over your favourite food or if the cheese hasn’t melted properly give it a quick pulse on the soup maker blender.
Hi I have just made this quick blend syn free cheese sauce. Followed instructions but it was very thin. We cannot get fromage fraise in nz, so I used cottage cheese and natural yogurt blended first. Then added all other ingredients. What did I do wrong!!
I cannot say what went wrong because we have never mixed natural yogurt and cottage cheese before. I can only guess the cottage cheese may have broken down the other ingredients if it was quite wet.
I am sorry i cannot help further.
I followed the recipe exactly, tastes great. I’d use less milk next time as I found it too thin.
Do you know if it cooks well in a lasagne? Or would it split?
It is fine in a lasagne as we use it in ours, we have our own Slimming World lasagne recipe which might be of some help to you:
Thanks for the rating 🙂
Just wondering what the syns are for this as it would use over the HE A allowance with all the milk and cheese. Dont mean to be rude Im just someone who loves all things chesse so if i can have it syn free im happy out.
The cheese sauce makes a very big portion and is intended for a family to share of leftovers for the freezer. If you want a one person serving for 1HEA then please divide the measurements into 4.
Or use it to make four portions of a meal with your family.
I never use syns for cheese I just use my allowance.
But when we last used this recipe it made enough for a big lasagne that as a family of 5 we shared.
This is great! I used quark instead of fromais frais as I couldn’t find any in Aldi. I made broccoli & pasta bake but only put it in the oven for long enough to melt the cheese in case it separated but it did taste great & was much needed comfort food.
Glad you liked the recipe ????
I made this sauce for a cauliflower and broccoli bake (which includes boiled potatoes; onions, garlic and celery – and any other veg you may have waiting to be used!) and, because it seemed quite thin, I only used 3/4 of the milk suggested and threw in another tablespoon of grated (low fat) cheddar. The soft (low fat) cheese I used was the garlic and herb one and the end result was delicious.
I shall be using this recipe for all future cheese sauce recipes in future – it is creamy, flavoursome and almost SW free…..
Hiya I was just wondering what soft cheese you used? As according to the app it isn’t part of our HEA :/ x
When we originally wrote that post it was among the HEA´s, I now recommend you use Quark as a substitute 🙂
what a wonderful cheese sauce and never thought that you could make a cheese sauce with hidden vegetables and a soup maker. 5/5
You are right it does make a lot of cheese sauce. I found that when split into two big lasagnes that i could have 2 portions without using any syns.
hiya just found your recipe I don’t have a soup maker could i do it in a saucepan?
ps looks amazing can’t wait to make it x
We have not tried it in a saucepan so could not say if it can be done and if it will turn out the same as ours did, sorry, but try it and let us know how it turns out 🙂
I use this recipe to make curry sauce as well. Leave out the cheese and add 1.5 tbsp chinese curry powder (if available, if not use Indian) 1/2 tsp 5 spice powder, ginger/garlic paste and half chopped onion. It is basically the same just using different flavours.
I don’t have soup maker but use the Instant Pot or stove top method then blend.J