Slimming World Chicken Casserole. This delicious Slimming World chicken casserole is made in the slow cooker. Loaded with fresh vegetables, beans, and chicken breast, it is a hearty slow cooker winter warmer. Serve it with instant pot steamed brown rice for the ultimate family dinner.
But I have something even better than our slow cooker chicken casserole for you to check out first.
It is our slow cooker ecookbook. It includes all our popular slow cooker recipes and fantastic for variety with cooking with the slow cooker. It even includes my favourite gammon in Fanta recipe.
Or browse our site as we have plenty of slow cooker recipes that are easy to recreate at home and we have been showing people how to use the slow cooker since 2009.
Originally shared in 2017, this is our updated version of our slimming world chicken casserole and includes a new and improved recipe along with lots of extra ideas.
Slimming World Chicken Casserole
You probably want to know what the story is behind this Slimming World Chicken Casserole.
Or my own history with Slimming World. Firstly, I joined Slimming World originally in 1994 as a fat teen that ate too much cheese and chocolate and never exercised.
The weight soon fell off me and I went to target. I then returned to Slimming World after the birth of my first child and again the weight fell off.
But that was long before you could look online for Slimming World recipes and the SW recipes of then, are not as good as they are today.
This Slimming World chicken casserole recipe was created a long time before we started Recipe This.
It was back in 2013 when we had a SW blog. Our readers asked us to create a yummy Mediterranean chicken casserole recipe that was free of olives and free of chicken casserole and still perfect for everyday family cooking.
We made them one and this is it, just with a few tweaks over the years!
Is Chicken Casserole Free On Slimming World?
Well, that depends on what ingredients you include in your chicken casserole.
My favourite way to cook a chicken casserole is like this slow cooker Mediterranean chicken casserole and I would dread to think what the Syns would be.
That is because you have the chicken skin, extra virgin olive oil and olives to consider.
But instead, if you swap the chicken for skinless chicken breast or boneless skinless chicken thighs you can keep it free on Slimming World. There is no olive oil to add and its all dumped together in the slow cooker.
Of course, there are many variations you can do with your chicken casserole in the slow cooker.
- Slimming World Chicken & Bean Casserole – You can choose any of your favourite cans of beans and load them up with chicken in the slow cooker with some tinned tomatoes and your favourite seasonings. You could also transform your chicken casserole into a Mexican one by adding in black beans, sweetcorn, and white beans.
- Slimming World Chicken & Vegetable Casserole – I use this as an opportunity for a fridge and pantry clear out and add in what I have that needs using up. Though root vegetables do best when cooking a chicken and vegetable casserole.
Or like what we are making today, which is loaded with beans and with vegetables.
Slimming World Chicken Stew
You are probably wondering what the difference is between a slimming world chicken casserole and a slimming world chicken stew.
Well, they are two of the same.
Some people will call it a Slimming World Chicken Casserole while others will refer to it as a Slimming World Chicken Stew.
A casserole suggests a meal that is cooked in a casserole dish in the oven and reduces as it cooks. Yet when you cook it in the slow cooker it has a similar cooking process and there is not a lot of liquid because of the way it cooks.
Yet when you serve up your chicken casserole, it does in fact look just like a chicken stew. So I will let you decide if you are calling it a casserole or a stew!
Slimming World Chicken Casserole Ingredients
I encourage you to mix and match with what chicken casserole ingredients you have in. No point going grocery shopping when you have ingredients already that can be used.
In our slimming world chicken casserole, the ingredients we used included:
- Chicken Breast
- White Beans
- Butternut Squash
- Tinned Tomatoes
As you can see, simple everyday ingredients. We didn’t go grocery shopping to make our chicken casserole, we simply thawed some chicken breasts and cleared out some of our vegetables.
Don’t have butternut squash in? Then you can swap this for swede, parsnips, sweet potatoes, or even more carrots.
How To Make Slimming World Chicken Casserole?
Cooking slimming world chicken casserole in the slow cooker is one of the EASIEST EVER healthy recipes.
- Prep vegetables.
- Load ingredients into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Slow cook + partially blend + serve.
There is a little bit more to this syn free chicken casserole, but that is the basics.
More Simple Slimming World Recipes
We love cooking delicious healthy Slimming World friendly recipes. In fact, we love them so much that we have a post dedicated to air fryer slimming world recipes, instant pot slimming world recipes and of course soup maker slimming world recipes.
But beyond those, here are a few other Milner family favourites:
- Slimming World Cheese Sauce
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Oil Free Fries
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Cheese
- Slimming World Speed Soup
Slimming World Chicken Casserole In Slow Cooker
- Peel and slice your butternut squash, carrots, and onion. Load into the slow cooker.
- Dice your chicken breast and add to the slow cooker your chicken breasts, drained white beans, tinned tomatoes or tomato sauce and seasonings. Mix well and place the lid on your slow cooker. Cook for 4 hours on high or 7 hours on low.
- Remove the lid and use a hand blender to blend about 20% of the ingredients and then stir. This will create a creamy chicken casserole. If you want to bulk up the chicken casserole stir in frozen sweetcorn and frozen peas.
- Serve with brown rice or mashed potatoes.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: