Ninja Foodi Brussel Sprouts
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Ninja Foodi Brussel Sprouts. Let me show you how to cook brussel sprouts in a Ninja Foodi. These sprouts are well seasoned, you can serve with or without bacon, are perfectly crispy and so addictive you will want a second helping.
If I had to choose the BEST kitchen gadget for creating the BEST brussel sprouts it would be the Ninja Foodi. Today, I will be showing you how easy it is and why you need these delicious sprouts on your dinner table.
Brussel Sprouts Ninja Foodi
I had just made instant pot beef stew and dumplings and then used up some of the leftovers for air fryer Cornish pasties, but still had loads of stew leftover. I also had some fresh sprouts in the fridge from Morrisons that needed using up.
In went the sprouts and the hubby and I had some delicious leftover stew. It wouldn’t have stretched so far if it wasn’t for the sprouts.
I also gave some to the cleaner for her to take home with her.
The next time she was cleaning she commented that she had to remove the sprouts from the stew as she is a sprouts hater.
It made me realise that like Marmite with all have a love or a hate relationship with sprouts.
Me and the hubby Dominic are huge fans of sprouts and roll our eyes when our three kids all refuse to eat them.
We cook brussel sprouts in the air fryer and the instant pot and most recently in the Ninja Foodi.
Today we want to find all the Brussel Sprouts fans and show you how delicious they are when cooked in the Ninja Foodi.
Why Are Ninja Foodi Sprouts The BEST?
You cook instant pot brussel sprouts when you want steamed brussel sprouts. Then you make air fryer brussel sprouts for crispy ones with less calories.
But the Ninja Foodi is in the next league because you can combine the amazing talents of the air fryer and the pressure cooker into one.
You can do steamed brussel sprouts in the Ninja Foodi and then use the air fryer lid to crisp up your brussel sprouts.
Plus, if you want bacon, you can cook the bacon at the same time as using the air fryer lid.
Ninja Foodi Brussel Sprouts And Bacon
Do you like brussel sprouts and bacon? I do, but I am such a big sprouts addict I will gladly eat sprouts on their own.
Just for lunch yesterday we had some air fryer chicken breast and on the side a big portion of instant pot sprouts.
But if you do want your sprouts with bacon then its easy to achieve.
Simply slice up bacon or buy bacon bits. Then when you have released pressure and go to air fry, you can place the bits of bacon over the sprouts.
The sprouts will then crisp up with the bacon and the yummy bacon fats will go onto your sprouts making them even more delicious.
Ninja Brussel Sprouts Ingredients
Sprouts – I am using fresh brussel sprouts from Morrison’s. What I love about them is that they are already prepared and all I have to do is load them into the Ninja Foodi. You can do the same or prep and wash some sprouts.
Bacon – Calling all bacon lovers, that love crispy bacon over their sprouts. Simply grab a couple of bacon back rashers and chop up. Or take the easy option with already prepared bacon bits.
Oil – I recommend some extra virgin olive oil in a spray bottle that you can spray all over the sprouts after they have been steamed, but before they are air fried. This will help with the crispy coating.
Seasoning – You can keep it simple with salt and pepper. Crispy sprouts with bacon don’t want the attention diverted to the seasoning.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in our ninja foodi brussel sprouts recipe, it has just been our Ninja Foodi. It is fantastic because you can steam first, and pressure cook second.
How To Cook Brussel Sprouts In A Ninja Foodi?
- Prep. Start by getting your Ninja Foodi ready. Add 2 cups of water or veggie stock to the bottom of the cooking pot. Then add in the air fryer basket and load it up with sprouts.
- Pressure. Then do a pressure cook for 2 minutes followed by a quick pressure release.
- Release. After releasing the pressure, remove the basket and drain away the liquid in the bottom. Add the air fryer basket back in and season sprouts with salt and pepper and spray with extra virgin olive oil spray.
- Optional. If you want to add bacon, then add chunks of bacon over the sprouts before placing the air fryer lid down.
- Serve. Once the air fryer is done, then serve your sprouts with a little butter.
Ninja Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
You’re planning on cooking brussel sprouts in Ninja Foodi and you see this recipe for sprouts that use both the pressure cooker and air fryer, and wonder why not just air fry?
Well, when you cook Ninja Foodi air fryer brussel sprouts the cook time is LONG. This is because the Ninja Foodi is not as powerful to some of the other air fryers.
By pressure cooking your sprouts first, you are steaming them and making almost cooked sprouts and then using the air fryer lid to finish them off.
This results in you cutting down the ninja foodi air fryer brussel sprouts cook time in HALF.
More Brussel Sprouts Recipe Suggestions:
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Harvest Casserole
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts Gratin
Ninja Foodi Brussel Sprouts
Ninja Foodi Sprouts Ingredients:
- 200 g Fresh Brussel Sprouts
- 3 Slices Back Bacon
- Salt & Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 1 Tsp Butter optional
- Place two cups (480ml) of water or stock into your cooking pot. Add your air fryer basket and then load it up with sprouts.
- Pressure cook for 2 minutes followed by a quick pressure release, because you don’t want to overcook your sprouts.
- After your quick pressure release, drain the liquid and add your basket of sprouts back in. Season with salt and pepper and spray with extra virgin olive oil spray. If you want sprouts with bacon add slices of bacon over the top of the sprouts.
- Place the air fryer lid down on your Ninja Foodi and air fry for 8 minutes on 200c/400f. Serve with butter and enjoy.
Ab Fab !! the Ninja pot is so convenient, frozen sprouts with crispy bacon in less than half an hour, brilliant.