Using the air fryer basket of your Ninja, lets cook Ninja Foodi Hot Dogs. Cooked in the Ninja with fried onions, and then served with your favourite sauces, this is perfect for something fast and easy on a school night.
You can also follow our hot dogs in the ninja recipe for any air fryer, or even use the ninja air fryer.
Table of Contents
Ninja Air Fryer Hot Dogs
I am a huge fan of hot dogs cooked with kitchen gadgets. I just love how easy it makes dinner time. Let’s say you have your kids friends around for dinner after school and you just want something quick to serve them.
Well, that is when hot dogs are ideal. You can use your gadgets for both warming through the hot dogs, warming up the buns and frying the onions.
Or in the summer it can be a fun date night or to serve them alongside a barbecue.
The idea there, is that you can do either the air fryer method or the instant pot method. You can make instant pot hot dogs which is the same as steaming hot dogs in the ninja or you can air fry them.
Personally, I prefer ninja air fryer hot dogs, but you can experiment and see which you prefer.
Plus, if you want more simple air fryer recipes using the Ninja Foodi you will also love: Ninja Foodi whole chicken, Ninja Foodi Strawberry Muffins, Ninja Foodi Halloumi Burgers, and even better Ninja Foodi burger and chips.
Can You Cook Hotdogs In An Ninja Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook hotdogs in a Ninja Air Fryer, and any other air fryer, and they are delicious. I much prefer using the Ninja Foodi though, because its easy to have the onions below, and the hot dogs on top. Or if you have a simple Ninja air fryer we recommend you follow our air fryer hot dogs and our air fryer onions recipe.
Can You Cook Frozen Hotdogs In A Ninja Air Fryer?
Yes, you can also cook frozen hotdogs in a ninja air fryer. They will need a lower temperature first to defrost, and then the heat increasing to heat through the centre of them.
Steam Hotdogs In Ninja Foodi?
If you prefer to steam hotdogs in the Ninja Foodi, then you can do that instead of the air fryer method. Simply follow our instant pot dirty water dogs recipe. Though note, if you do steam hotdogs instead, just go for hot dogs that can cope under pressure, because not all hotdog types can.
Ninja Foodi Hotdogs & Fries
You can also make ninja foodi hotdogs and fries. I recommend checking out our Ninja Foodi burgers recipe as we show you how to combine the burgers and fries to make a full meal using the Ninja Foodi and you can easily adapt it and then do hotdogs instead of burgers in the same way.
Would you like easy & amazing Ninja Foodi recipes from air fryer and pressure cooker experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST Ninja Foodi beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful Ninja Foodi resources.
Hotdogs Ninja Foodi Ingredients
Dogs – For Ninja Foodi air fryer hotdogs we used a jar of them that we picked up at our local supermarket. Though you may need 2 jars depending on how many people you are feeding.
Onion – We also peeled and diced a medium onion as I am a huge fan of hotdogs with the onions on top. The onion over the hotdogs is of course optional and if you are including onion, then you will also need some extra virgin olive oil or similar to stop them sticking.
Buns – I was visiting M&S late at night collecting some clothes and spotted yellow sticker reduced price posh dogs and had to get some for the hotdogs. You can use the same or any hotdog buns will work well with ninja air fryer hotdogs.
Sauces – What sauce do you like on your hotdogs? I love mustard and ketchup, whilst Dom prefers burger sauce. Whatever your favourite get them ready for when your Ninja Hotdogs are done.
Can You Recommend A Ninja Foodi?
I often get asked which kitchen gadgets I recommend and which one I use. For the Ninja Foodi we have this one. It doesn’t have as many bells and whistles compared to some of the newer models, but it does a great job.
We can dehydrate, air fry, pressure cook, sauté, slow cook, make yoghurt and so much more.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our ninja foodi recipes category as we have been using the Ninja Foodi since 2020 and just love it for simplicity, how delicious the recipes are when cooked in it and how much time it saves us in the kitchen. We even take the Ninja Foodi on holiday with us.
How To Air Fry Hotdogs In Ninja Foodi?
- Sauté. Let’s start cooking hotdogs in ninja foodi with those delicious crispy onions. Of course, if you are feeding fussy kids that hate onions, then you can skip this step! Peel and dice the onion, load into the ninja foodi cooking pot, along with some olive oil and sauté until crispy/brown to your liking. Then press cancel.
- Spread. Add a layer of hotdogs to your ninja foodi air fryer basket spreading them out. Then place the air fryer basket into the ninja cooking pot with the onions remaining below.
- Cook. Next place the lid down on your Ninja air fryer and air fry hotdogs and the onions below for 5 minutes at 180c/360f on the air fryer setting.
- Assemble. Then open up your hotdog buns, add the hot dogs and then add the onions from the bottom of the Ninja Foodi cooking pot.
- Cook. Then air fry your hot dogs in the ninja foodi for a further 2 minutes at the same temperature. This will warm through the hot dog buns too.
- Serve. Finally, serve this hot dog ninja foodi recipe with your favourite sauces.
How Long To Cook Hotdogs In Ninja Air Fryer?
Our hot dogs in ninja foodi take JUST 7 minutes. This of course, includes warming up the hot dogs, then warming up the hot dogs in their buns.
But it doesn’t include sauteing the onion. So, if you are a hot dogs and onion kind of person (I AM!) then you need to add another 3 minutes for this.
Listen To Air Fryer Hotdogs
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
More Hotdog Recipes!
- Air Fryer Hotdogs
- Air Fryer Frozen Hotdogs
- Air Fryer Chilli Dog
- Instant Pot Dirty Water Hotdogs
- Check out all our 600+ air fryer beginner recipes!
Learn how to cook hotdogs in ninja foodi below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Ninja Foodi Hot Dogs
- Let’s start your ninja hot dog with some onion. Peel and dice your onion and then saute it using the saute setting of your Ninja for about 3 minutes with your olive oil, until they are done to your perfect doneness. Then cancel the saute.
- Next add the hot dogs (drained) into the ninja foodi air fryer basket and spread them out. Then place the air fryer basket into the ninja over the onions. Air fry hot dogs for 5 minutes at 180c/360f on the air fryer setting.
- Then place the hot dogs into the buns, add the onions on top. Its easy to do this from a chopping board.
- Then place them back into the air fryer basket. Air fry for a final 2 minutes on the same temperature to warm through the buns.
- Next serve with your favourite sauce – I am team ketchup and team mustard.