This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Delicious perfectly steamed Ninja Foodi Corn On The Cob. This corn on the cob is steamed and then air fried with bacon for the best corn you will ever eat.
You will love this corn recipe because it uses the Ninja Foodi best functions. Pressure cooking and then air frying.
This is an updated post. We originally shared with you all about cooking corn wrapped in bacon in the instant pot back in 2017. This is the updated post converted to the ninja foodi.
My Love For The Ninja Foodi Functions
I have owned a Ninja Foodi for over two years now. I bought it because I loved the idea that it was the kitchen gadget that did it all. I could slow cook, sauté, air fry and pressure cook all from one machine.
This corn on the cob is a classic example of this. I can steam the corn and then wrap in bacon and air fry.
Corn On The Cob Ninja Foodi
But back to our corn on the cob in the Ninja Foodi. I have loved corn on the cob since childhood but associate it most with family barbecues as a kid.
I loved the crisp that you got on the corn and how delicious it is with some melted butter and a little salt and pepper.
It’s become a food that I have experimented a LOT with my kitchen gadgets. Air fryer frozen corn soon became my favourite as you could just grab it from the freezer whenever you wanted some. I also loved the crispy texture on it and how we use foil in the air fryer to keep the butter in place.
Then there was the same frozen corn but in the instant pot. But of course, the frozen instant pot corn on the cob cooked faster but liked that like grill texture.
That is when I created ninja foodi corn on the cob. You can steam like you would in the instant pot, and then grill it like the air fryer. A total win-win for corn fans out there.
Are You New To The Ninja Foodi?
We created a fantastic Ninja Foodi ECookbook and it is fantastic for easy, beginner friendly Ninja Foodi recipes that use a mix of the sauté, slow cook, pressure cook and air fryer functions. You can find out more about it here.
Click here or on the links above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Cook Corn In The Ninja Foodi?
Yes, you can cook corn in the Ninja Foodi, and you will absolutely LOVE it. Instead of boiling what you are doing is placing the corn on the air fryer basket and steaming it.
You then air fry it to make it crispy with some bacon wrapped around it.
Though, if you are vegetarian, you can skip the bacon!
Ninja Foodi Salmon & Asparagus
My favourite way to serve my asparagus is with salmon. You can cook both salmon and asparagus in the Ninja Foodi and nothing stops you doing them together at the same time.
I recommend you follow our Ninja Foodi salmon recipe and then pair it with asparagus and just keep an eye on the cook times and temps to coordinate it into a great lunch.
Can Corn Be Boiled In Pressure Cooker?
Yes, you can also boil your corn on the cob. Simply load the corn on the cob into the cooking pot with water and seasoning and then take it to pressure.
But you know what? It loses its amazing flavour when you boil food so I don’t recommend it.
Instead make sure when you are steaming corn on the cob, that you load it onto a trivet, steamer basket, air fryer basket (or whatever else you have) and make sure the corn on the cob is above the water.
Because we are using the air fryer for crisping the bacon (and to save on washing up) we are using our air fryer basket for the steaming process.
What Is Steamed Corn On Cob Like?
Steamed corn on the cob is delicious and I like to compare it to organic fruit and veggie taste.
When you buy organic you can taste the natural flavour and it hasn’t lost its nutrients. The same applies when you steam veggies (including corn) in a pressure cooker.
The taste will make you stay away from boiled veggies forever.
Would you like easy & amazing Ninja Foodi recipes from air fryer and pressure cooker experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST Ninja Foodi beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful Ninja Foodi resources.
Ninja Corn On The Cob Ingredients
Corn – I recommend as many full size corn on the cobs that will fit in the Ninja Foodi air fryer basket. In our case that was 3. Though note you can make them in batches and then use the Ninja Foodi to reheat your corn on the cob.
Water – You will need 1 cup of water (240ml) to bring the Ninja Foodi to pressure.
Bacon – Then you will need one pack of bacon to wrap around the corn once it has completed its pressure cook. I like to use back bacon as less fatty and cooks really well.
Butter – I love to pressure cook the corn on the cob with some butter. Makes the corn taste even better.
Seasoning – You can keep it simple with salt and pepper, or add your own favourite seasoning such as tarragon, mixed herbs, basil etc.
Optional – You can also pair your ninja foodi corn with some meat or fish. My favourite is ninja foodi salmon, though you can mix and match with what you have in.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this corn on cob in ninja foodi it has just been our Ninja Foodi. We have this one and it’s my favourite and great for a lot of recipes that need a pressure cook and an air fry.
I also recommend that you get an expandable steamer basket like this one we have. It’s fantastic for steaming veggies as well as for potatoes for mash, fish and so many others.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our Ninja Foodi Recipes category as we have a growing collection of tried and tested Ninja Foodi recipes and have been air frying for 10 years, pressure cooking for 5 years and owned Ninja Foodi’s for 2 years.
How To Cook Corn In Ninja Foodi?
- Load. Place a cup of water into your ninja foodi and then add in your air fryer basket. Add the corn on the cob.
- Cook. Place the lid on the ninja foodi, set the valve to sealing and cook for 2 minutes.
- Crisp. Then remove the air fryer basket and remove the water. Wrap the ninja corn on the cob in bacon and place back into the air fryer basket.
- Cook. Air fry for a further 8 minutes at 200c/400f before serving.
And I am sure you can see now how simple and easy it is to cook corn on the cob in the Ninja Foodi.
How Long Do I Steam Corn On The Cob?
Because of the shape of your ninja corn on the cob, it will need a 2 minute pressure cook, compared to some other veggies that can be done in zero minutes.
Though after 2 minutes the corn wont be completely cooked it will be almost there and will finish cooking once wrapped in bacon.
Corn In Ninja Foodi Tips & Tricks
- Season corn well with salt and pepper. I find it can be rather bland otherwise.
- Don’t stack your corn on the cob. It will not cook as well, and the bacon will then stick together.
- Steam the corn with a little butter. It makes the corn taste even better once cooked.
- I use the air fryer basket for steaming and for air frying. You then don’t create extra washing up and its easy to transfer out the water and move from one process to the other.
- I recommend prepping the bacon whilst the corn is steaming, it will help organise yourself and you will then be ready when the corn has finished steaming.
- You can keep the same time and temp for cooking corn from frozen as you would from fresh.
More Simple Ninja Foodi Recipes
- Ninja Foodi Salmon
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Breast
- Ninja Foodi Pork Chops
- Ninja Foodi Steak
- Ninja Foodi Roast Potatoes
- Ninja Foodi Sprouts
Your corn in ninja foodi recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free instant pot ebooks and useful instant pot cook time charts and so much more.
Ninja Foodi Corn On The Cob
- 3 Corn On The Cob
- 1 Pack Back Bacon
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Butter optional
- Place a cup of water (240ml) into the ninja foodi cooking pot or if using an 8qt or 10qt, increase this to 2 cups. Then add in your air fryer basket. Load the corn on the cob instead the basket. Season the corn well with salt and pepper and add some butter.
- Place the lid on the ninja foodi, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook for 2 minutes followed by a quick pressure release your corn will now be almost cooked.
- Then remove the air fryer basket, remove the water, and wrap the corn in bacon.
- Place the air fryer basket back into the ninja foodi and cook for 8 minutes on air fry function at 200c/400f. Then when the Ninja Foodi beeps then your corn on the cob is ready to serve.