Ninja Foodi Chicken Pot Pie. Learn how to cook a delicious creamy chicken pot pie with biscuits or pie crust using the Ninja Foodi. Everything is done in the Ninja Foodi with no need for cooking biscuits in the oven. We have included both an air fryer method and pressure cooker method.
This is the latest of the Milner’s Ninja Foodi recipes and you can check out the rest in their Ninja Foodi category. Do comment below to request a Ninja Foodi recipe that is not featured.
Table of Contents
Ninja Foodi Chicken Pot Pie
Before we dive into this Ninja Foodi chicken pot pie recipe, I am going to have a mini rant about kitchen gadget recipes.
I am talking about instant pot, slow cooker and Ninja Foodi recipes here. Where you see a recipe for these gadgets and then they ask you to finish it off in the oven, or come something first.
If I am using these gadgets, I want the whole meal to be done in them.
After all, they are there to make life easier.
When I saw a pressure cooker chicken pot pie recipe, that involved finishing it in the oven to cook the biscuits it annoyed me.
Because the Ninja Foodi is amazing, and you can cook your biscuits or your pie crust directly in the Ninja Foodi and that is what I am showing you today in this chicken pot pie recipe.
Ninja Foodi Pot Pie
You also don’t have to do just chicken pot pie in the Ninja Foodi. Just think of any of your favourite pot pies and think that they can also be cooked in the Ninja Foodi.
For example, you can make a Ninja Foodi turkey pot pie by swapping chicken for turkey. You can also go vegetarian too.
Or if like me you have a sweet tooth think about a Ninja Foodi apple pie, cherry pie etc.
Frozen Chicken Pot Pie In Ninja Foodi
You can also load a frozen chicken pot pie into the Ninja Foodi, and it will also do an amazing job.
Imagine you make too much chicken pot pie. You load the leftovers into the freezer, and you have loads of chicken pot pie filling. You can then load it into the Ninja Foodi while totally frozen and cook for 2 minutes on pressure cook.
Give it a stir and you have piping hot chicken pot pie.
As well as this, you can also load into the Ninja Foodi shop bought frozen chicken pot pie and for this I recommend you follow our air fryer frozen chicken pot pie recipe.
Ninja Foodi Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
You probably want to know what is so special about this Ninja Foodi chicken pot pie recipe and there are two things that I feel make it so much better.
- Flourless – There is no corn flour, or regular flour to thicken up the chicken pot pie. Instead, liquid is reduced and then we blend some of the chicken and potatoes from the pie. This makes the chicken pot pie incredibly creamy and flavoursome. You then have spare stock for your next time you make chicken pot pie or another chicken dish.
- Biscuits – The biscuits cook in the Ninja Foodi with the chicken pot pie. Making it fantastic for avoiding moving to the oven just to cook the biscuits.
How To Cook Chicken Pot Pie In Ninja Foodi?
If you want to make chicken pot pie in the Ninja Foodi this is how you do it:
- Prep your ingredients and load into the Ninja Foodi.
- Pressure cook.
- Make your biscuits or pie crust.
- Release pressure.
- Make your pie filling creamy.
- Add your biscuits and cook under pressure.
Ninja Foodi Chicken & Biscuits
This Ninja Foodi chicken and biscuits was an experiment I did. One of my readers asked how to cook biscuits or dumplings with their instant pot stews and casseroles.
If you are more about beef stew and dumplings, then follow this same method and swap biscuits for dumplings.
Ninja Foodi Pie Crust
A Ninja Foodi biscuit topping is probably the most famous, but you can also use pie crust. What I did was two different versions of chicken pot pie showing you that there are different ways to do it.
Beyond the biscuits on top what I did was remove the chicken pot pie filling from the ninja foodi and loaded them into ramekins then added my favourite air fryer pie crust on top like this:
Then once you have made them you can air fry them and then serve like this:
I prefer this method though when you have chicken pot pie leftovers. Not enough of a mixture to load up with biscuits, but something cute that you can enjoy for one. You could also use this method to prep them for the freezer.
Ninja Foodi Chicken Pot Pie
Ninja Foodi Pot Pie Ingredients:
- Peel and slice your carrots and onion. Wash and dice your celery. Load into the Ninja Foodi and sauté with a little extra virgin olive oil. Then peel and dice the potatoes while you are waiting for the Ninja Foodi to warm up.
- Cancel sauté, deglaze with white wine. Add in the potatoes, seasonings and stock. Stir.
- Place fresh or frozen chicken breasts over and season with extra salt and pepper. Place the lid on the Ninja Foodi and pressure cook for 5 minutes. While the pressure cooker is doing its magic make your homemade biscuits or use shop bought ones.
- When it beeps, do a quick pressure release. Remove 240ml/1 cup of the liquid as this can be reserved for chicken stock for your next meal. Also, remove the chicken breasts and shred them on a chopping board. Then add in Greek yoghurt, soft cheese, extra salt and pepper and a little extra thyme or tarragon. Stir and find a little spot in your pot where there is a lot of potatoes and use a hand blender to blend a few. Aim for about 4 potatoes and a little chicken. This will then add flavour and the potatoes will make your chicken pot pie extra creamy.
- Stir in frozen peas and chicken breast.
- Add your biscuits or dumplings, spray with extra virgin olive oil or use egg wash and then place the air fryer lid on. Air fry for 12 minutes at 200c/400f and then serve. Or alternatively pressure cook for 0 minutes.