This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Ninja Foodi Salmon. Calling all salmon and fish fillet fans, this is how easy it is to cook salmon in the Ninja Foodi. Including a delicious homemade teriyaki sauce and ready in just a few short minutes, this is true recipe favourite.
You will love this Ninja Foodi salmon recipe because of how easy it is to cook. If you have ever been afraid of cooking fish, then this is a fantastic starting point. I also hate food waste and use the same teriyaki sauce to make some delicious air fryer vegetables to serve with the salmon fillets.
Table of Contents
Salmon In Ninja Foodi
It feels like a lifetime ago since we did it, but us Milner’s would buy a massive salmon fillet and then freeze it into portions.
I would watch Dominic with eyebrow tweezers, while the cats were meowing for some, plucking away the salmon bones (as taught by Gordon Ramsay) and then it would be chopped into portions and loaded into the freezer.
We would then use our food steamer (we had this one) to then cook steamed salmon and steamed broccoli together.
Of course, this was before the air fryer and before the instant pot and at a time, when you didn’t realise that you needed either of these amazing kitchen gadgets.
But then things got even better in the summer of 2020, when we purchased our first ever Ninja Foodi, we could then choose between using the air fryer lid or the pressure cooker whenever we wanted to eat salmon.
Today I wanted to share with you a really quick and easy recipe for salmon in the Ninja Foodi using both the pressure cooker and the air fryer.
Ninja Foodi Frozen Salmon
If you are wondering if you can use frozen salmon in the Ninja Foodi then the answer is a big fat YES.
But we do prefer the salmon to be thawed before we cook it. That is because it is more tender, and it can sometimes be rubbery when you cook it at a temperature too high in the air fryer.
Ninja Foodi Fish Fillets
Great news! You can use the exact same recipe for any fish fillets in the Ninja Foodi. You can swap salmon for cod fillets, hake fillets, lemon sole or even some parmesan crusted white fish.
Simply follow our Ninja Foodi salmon recipe and adjust your Ninja Foodi fish.
Cooking Salmon In Ninja Foodi
I mentioned above that what we used to do is create our own salmon fish fillets, prior to air fryers and pressure cookers. But what I wanted to do was to tell you how we are cooking salmon right now.
Instead of grabbing a large fish fillet, we buy the packs of salmon fillets. They are sold in a pack of 4 and then we can cut off the portions we need.
Then these salmon portions can be cooked in the Ninja Foodi and there is hardly any prep at all.
You can also lose our healthy teriyaki sauce and just have them with salt, pepper and lemon if you prefer.
Ninja Air Fryer Salmon Ingredients
Salmon – You can use any salmon fillets or swap the salmon for another type of fish fillet. For example, I love parmesan crusted cod fillets.
Lemon – When cooking salmon you can keep it simple with sliced lemon, salt, and pepper. Salmon tastes amazing on its own and doesn’t need much.
Teriyaki Sauce – Prior to this Ninja salmon recipe, we had made a big batch of teriyaki sauce and had loads in the fridge. We decided to make use of the sauce and add a layer of teriyaki sauce to the top of the salmon fillets and also serve the salmon with teriyaki vegetables. You can do this or skip this step.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this Ninja Foodi recipe, it has just been our Ninja Foodi. We have this one and its wonderful for going from the pressure cooker to the air fryer at the flick of a switch like we have done in this fish recipe.
How To Cook Salmon In Ninja Foodi?
- Remove the packaging. Get the salmon out of the packaging and place it into the air fryer basket. Add in a couple of cups of water into the bottom of the cooking pot and add the air fryer basket over.
- Add in the flavours. This is when I add in the sliced lemon and any extra seasoning.
- Pressure cook. I start by pressure cooking the salmon on a 0 minute cook time and then doing a quick pressure release. This cooks the salmon to about 80% done.
- Air fry. Remove the water and then air fry your salmon fillets. If adding teriyaki sauce, then add it now. Because they were already 80% cooked you only need a short 5 minute air fry.
How Long To Cook Salmon In Ninja Foodi?
The Ninja Foodi salmon cooking time is JUST 5 minutes.
It is a 0 minute pressure cook first. This means that the time it takes to go to pressure is how long the pressure cooker is on for.
Then we move to the air fryer lid and cook for 5 minutes to ensure that the salmon is fully cooked and that the salmon has a delicious and addictive, sticky glaze.
Listen To Ninja Foodi Salmon
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
What To Serve With Salmon?
My all time favourite serving suggestion is ninja foodi salmon and broccoli. They go together like salt goes with pepper and its my favourite lunch to have with Dominic while the kids are at school.
Or like we have done today, where we have made a batch of air fryer teriyaki vegetables using our soup maker healthy teriyaki sauce.
More Delicious Salmon Recipes
- Instant Pot Salmon & Broccoli
- Instant Pot Salmon, Broccoli & Potatoes
- Air Fryer Frozen Salmon Patties
- Instant Pot Frozen Salmon
- Air Fryer Frozen Salmon
Ninja Foodi Salmon
- Remove the packaging from your salmon fillets and place them into your air fryer basket. Add 2 cups (480ml) of water into the pressure cooker pot and then add your air fryer basket to it.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on your salmon and add slices of lemon.
- Place the pressure cooker lid on your Ninja Foodi and set the cook time to 0 minutes. Then when it beeps do a quick pressure release.
- Remove the water from the cooking pot and brush the salmon with teriyaki sauce. Then cook for a further 5 minutes using the air fryer lid at 180c/360f before serving.