Welcome to my Instant Pot Corn Flake Easter Buns recipe. Delicious melted chocolate over little corn flake buns, covered with Caburys Mini Eggs. An all time favourite at Easter for both the kids and the adults, you can understand why this is such an addiction.
Never mind at Easter, if you go into a British bakers these are available all year around. Or if you are invited to a kids party they are likely to be seen on the buffet as one of the pudding options for the kids.
Either melted chocolate over Kelloggs Corn Flakes or over Rice Krispies. They will then be decorated with either a couple of sweets or with 2-3 Mini Eggs. They’re often a kids favourite and are always doing the rounds at Easter.
They’re also so simple to make it is often the first bit of baking that you do with your kids. It was what I tried my luck with Sofia last year (not that she showed any interest as she was too young) and I remember many years ago making them with Kyle. Though with Kyle around you are lucky if you get one to yourself.
You can do it over a stove but I prefer the ease of the Instant Pot and you melt loads of delicious chocolate in the Instant Pot via the sauté setting, then flavour it, throw in the corn flakes and mix. It then goes into the fridge to set with the cute little Mini Eggs on top and you are done.
It really is as simple as that and because it is so easy there is less mess that the kids can make in the kitchen.
Another plus side to doing it in the Instant Pot is the fact that you can change the setting to the slow cooker and because it gives out less heat it is less likely to burn the chocolate.#InstantPot #CornFlake #Easter #Buns #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Place the milk chocolate (in small chunks) into the Instant Pot on the saute function and stir constantly so that it doesn’t burn until the chocolate is half melted.
- Stir in the milk (a bit at a time) until the chocolate is thoroughly melted and keep stirring.
- Add the vanilla and the Greek yoghurt and when you are done you will have a delicious thick creamy melted chocolate mixture.
- Pour in the Corn Flakes and stir really well so that the Corn Flakes are fully covered in chocolate.
- Place into little bun cases, place some Cadburys Mini Eggs on top and place in the fridge for an hour for them to set.
When we made these they made 8 buns and were of a small to medium size.
Another option is to make them with Rice Krispies instead.