One of our favourite Easter treats is air fryer Cadbury eggs. You take your favourite chocolate eggs, wrap in pastry and air fry. Similar to deep fried Oreos but the air fryer way.
You can mix and match with different chocolate eggs and we used caramel, crème egg and oreos.
Table of Contents
Cadbury Egg Dessert
Easter arrives and there I am, discussing with Jorge & Sofia what delicious Easter treats we are going to make.
In the end we couldn’t decide and decided instead to dedicate most of March to delicious Easter recipes in our kitchen gadgets.
We started with colouring brown eggs in the air fryer, then instant pot devilled eggs, and here we are with number 3 which is the best Cadbury’s egg dessert ever and OMG hardly any ingredients and so addictive.
What Are Air Fryer Cadburys Crème Eggs?
I like to simplify them and call them Cadburys crème egg bombs, as to me that is what they are. They remind me of the deep fried mars bars that you can cook in the air fryer or air fryer fried oreos.
The only difference is instead of wrapping a mars bar in pastry and air frying, you are swapping it for little easter chocolate eggs.
We also made them with leftovers from various eggs the kids had so we did a mix of oreo, caramel and crème egg.
Can You Cook Pastry In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you sure can. We have cooked pastry so many times in the air fryer that we have lost count. Our favourite is to make some air fryer pie crust and then use it for our air fryer egg and bacon pie, or for any other recipe that calls for pastry.
Or if you like something sweet a homemade air fryer apple pie is delicious.
What Pastry For Deep Fried Crème Egg?
We prefer to use puff pastry when we are making deep fried crème eggs in the air fryer. Its thicker, tastes better and you don’t have leakages like you do with a thinner pastry.
But you can swap puff pastry for crescent roll dough or croissant dough.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Cadbury Eggs Ingredients
Eggs – You can do as many or as little eggs as you like. We just used eggs we had leftover including oreo eggs, Cadbury caramel eggs and of course Cadbury crème egg.
Pastry – Plus, some puff pastry that you can wrap around the eggs. We bought some ready to roll. So much easier to use and then they are wrapped and in the air fryer in no time at all.
Plus, we also recommend a sprinkle of sugar and some egg wash to really give your Cadbury egg dessert the wow factor!
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this crème egg pastry air fryer recipe it has been our Cosori Air Fryer. We recommend this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
How To Make Cadbury Crème Egg Recipe?
- Roll. Start by rolling out your pastry and then cutting it into big squares that are big enough to hold the eggs.
- Wrap. Then wrap the crème egg in the middle of the pastry and double check none of it is exposed and its tightly wrapped up.
- Finish. Next place the pastry wrapped chocolate eggs in the air fryer basket, brush with egg wash and then sprinkle with sugar.
- Cook. Air fry at 180c/360f for 8 minutes. Then serve warm.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is cooking Cadbury crème eggs in the air fryer and how you can do the same.
Cadbury Crème Eggs Top Tip
I would recommend partly freezing the crème eggs first before you wrap them in the pastry. This will stop the chocolate melting too much in the pastry and becoming too melted and sneaking out of the pastry.
Whilst if you give it 20 minutes first in the freezer, it will be very cold and it will take a couple of minutes to get going.
More Air Fryer Eggs
- Air Fryer Dyed Easter Eggs
- Air Fryer Soft Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Full English Breakfast
- Air Fryer Scotch Eggs
- Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
Your crème egg recipe for easter in air fryer recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Egg Bombs
- 3 Sheets Ready To Roll Puff Pastry
- 12 Easter Chocolate Eggs
- Sprinkle Granulated Sugar
- Egg Wash
- Sprinkle the clean kitchen worktop with flour and then add your ready to roll pastry. Cut the pastry into squares (4 for each sheet). Unwrap a chocolate egg and place in the centre of a square.
- Wrap the square of pastry around the egg and tightly secure it.
- Rinse and repeat for all the eggs and then place them into the air fryer basket. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Air fry at 180c/360f for 8 minutes then serve warm.